SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

hmmm i'm looking to buy a new blue denim but i don't really know what should i get... i'm looking for something like the cutting of skull 5010xx... any suggestion anyone ?

some to consider: Flathead 3001, Nudie Slim Jim, APC NS super-sized downed, PBJ xx-005, SD-103

first post... x post from mynudies.com

I bought a pair of Denime XX Type on ebay from a seller in Thailand. the price was too good to pass up. Do these look legit? I realize the photos aren't very detailed. Once i get them are there any things to look for to check the authenticity of these jeans?

http://cgi.ebay.com/denime-XX-type-big-E-W34-japanese-jeans-levi_W0QQitemZ110137187515QQihZ001QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I recently bought these, and as much as I like them, I'm still overwhelmed with curiosity as to how they stack up, quality wise. They seem nice enough to me, but since there's no shortage of more learned individuals on SuFu, I figured I'd post some up close pics and get your opinion:

dm4nq5.jpg

DM5.jpg

dm6hk7.jpg

And the fit, in case you were interested:

dm1au1.jpg

dm2ma8.jpg

Look good. That's just the shape i'm into. What make/model are they?

I recently bought these, and as much as I like them, I'm still overwhelmed with curiosity as to how they stack up, quality wise. They seem nice enough to me, but since there's no shortage of more learned individuals on SuFu, I figured I'd post some up close pics and get your opinion:

dm4nq5.jpg

DM5.jpg

dm6hk7.jpg

And the fit, in case you were interested:

dm1au1.jpg

dm2ma8.jpg

My jeans came in the mail today. Problem is they were folded incorrectly and theres some weird creases on each one of the legs. Is this gonna result weird fading when I wash them? I was about to just iron them but i dont know if that'll fuck up the raw denim.

Look good. That's just the shape i'm into. What make/model are they?

Therein lies the problem and question, since I really don't have any frame of reference: I have no idea what brand they are (sort of). The stall I bought them at also had 'Return Denim Jeans', which upon further investigation seems to be a completely fabricated American brand of denim, albeit a nicely done one (maybe a little to garish for your average superfuturian, since they sport some bright yellow stitching and the levis-esque arcuate is a bit over-styled).

That being beside the point, the jeans I'm wearing are in fact, fake Denime! I examined them at the market, liked the heft and color of the denim, the fit was nice, and it had all the fixings we expect: Copper backings, hidden rivets, chainstitched hems, etc. I decided I didn't particularly care if they were authentic or not, bought them and went on my way. The internet revealed they were fake (patch is a little off, selvage is the wrong color), but I was still happy enough. Still, I wanted to put them up in front of a more critical eye out of curiosity.

edit: Apparently they may be real, deadstock Denime. Weird.

Hay guys! Couple of questions:

- Looking for new raw jeans. Problem is that i'm really skinny (thin thigs). But i don't want a skinny look!! I want a normal look. Going to BiG in NYC next week. Which brands/models should i try? Skulls?? I'm 5'11", i got APC NS but i think they're a little too short, but otherwise fit ok (sz 29). They're also a little too skinny.

- What's the inseam of Dior's, longer than APC NS? And how do Dior's fit compared to APC NS?

- Where to get cheap suits (for a wedding) in NYC? Cheap as in < $400 or something.

Thanks!

- Looking for new raw jeans. Problem is that i'm really skinny (thin thigs). But i don't want a skinny look!! I want a normal look. Going to BiG in NYC next week. Which brands/models should i try? Skulls?? I'm 5'11", i got APC NS but i think they're a little too short, but otherwise fit ok (sz 29). They're also a little too skinny.

- What's the inseam of Dior's, longer than APC NS? And how do Dior's fit compared to APC NS?

- Where to get cheap suits (for a wedding) in NYC? Cheap as in < $400 or something.

Thanks!

Diors are crazy long...

If you're going to BiG, let them make the suggestions...they're the pros.

Thanks!

-if you think Apc NS is little too skinny then you'll think Skulls are little too skinny too. try the Samurais when you're at BIG.

-Diors have a longer inseam of about 38". they fit awesome, but again, if you think apc ns is little too skinny then you might find dior's a little too skinny too.

-if you think Apc NS is little too skinny then you'll think Skulls are little too skinny too. try the Samurais when you're at BIG.

-Diors have a longer inseam of about 38". they fit awesome, but again, if you think apc ns is little too skinny then you might find dior's a little too skinny too.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah true.. but isnt it possible to wear a skinny model a bit looser? Or will that look bad? I'm afraid that samurai will squash me in the waist but bulge at the thigs area... since i have pretty skinny legs..

Cheap suits (for wedding) in NYC - anyone? :>

anyone?:confused:

I have 2 'similar' jeans. I have the SSDS which is the same as the RR from the knee up and I have rescues which supposedly fit a touch looser than NS's. my SSDS are my rescues size +2. I think that should be fine for your situation. whatever your tag size is in ns + 2.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah true.. but isnt it possible to wear a skinny model a bit looser? Or will that look bad? I'm afraid that samurai will squash me in the waist but bulge at the thigs area... since i have pretty skinny legs..

Cheap suits (for wedding) in NYC - anyone? :>

try the skull 5507.. its a straight leg cut that is slim but not skinny. just try on different styles at BIG and see what you like the best. take advantage of their selection.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic