SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Dubbleworks thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=30495

Samurai thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=17503

Sugarcane thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=30509

Hope that helps. Sounds like you already know everything though!

I've read these threads, and I have only a fragmented understanding of why it's called a "contest".

Is the idea that you buy a pair of limited run jeans, wear it for a year, and then compare wear? Maybe I made that up?

Clairify!

I've read these threads, and I have only a fragmented understanding of why it's called a "contest".

Is the idea that you buy a pair of limited run jeans, wear it for a year, and then compare wear? Maybe I made that up?

Clairify!

I think they're mostly just a cool pair of collabo-jeans and then they'll see who's look best after a year. Something to that effect...

Just some stupid newbie questions. My Even Stevens are becoming a little bit bigger than I like, would it be time to soak them (1 month wear so far)? If so, cold or hot water? How long? And would I lose alot of inseam length?

Cheers!

Sugar Cane SC40200

Does anyone have these jeans ? i want to buy a pair of these and i'm a bit confused about the shrinkage and the size. my waist is about 84 cm.

My RRDS is a size 31

My Skull 5010xx 6x6 is a 32

but if i follow this chart i have to get a 33. or even a 34.

Are all SC that small ?

Size specifications (unit: cm)

Size West Hip On crotch Under crotch [watari] Hem mouth

28 inches 74 97 26 85 27 21

29 inches 76 100 27 85 28 21

30 inches 78 103 28 88.5 29.5 22.5

31 inches 80 107 28 89 30 23

32 inches 82 110 29 89 30 23

33 inches 84 113 30 89 31 23

34 inches 87 117 31 89 32 24

36 inches 92 121 33 90 33 25

Just some stupid newbie questions. My Even Stevens are becoming a little bit bigger than I like, would it be time to soak them (1 month wear so far)? If so, cold or hot water? How long? And would I lose alot of inseam length?

Cheers!

you could soak them in hot water for 30 minutes then hang dry. they'd prob. shrink back to size but they'll just stretch out again. they will loose all stiffness and that can affect creasing. you might want to restarch them to help set the creases.

with nudies you might not want to wash them too much too often without that much wear.

dry denim is going to stretch the more you wear them without washing them.

it is up to you whether or not you want to soak them. you won't lose indigo if you just soak them without soap and don't agitate them. they'll loose the sheen of dry denim. i'd personally wait another month and then maybe do a cold soak for 30 to 60 min and see what happens. read some more threads about first washings, shrinkings, when to soak, what it does etc...

Any NYC stores I can try some skulls on at?

What online retailers sell skulls the cheapest? Self Edge looks like my best bet.

Blue in Green sells them if you want to try them on.

Okay, I couldn't find any info on this anywhere, but I'll be safe and put this in small questions:

I just got a pair of dry selvage jeans (Earnest Sewns FWIW) and I've noticed they have a fair amount of small crinkles from the shipping or storage. Is this typical with dry denim?

More to the point: Would it be a good/safe idea to iron out this wrinkles/crinkles? Should I do this inside out?

They don't bother me much, but I imagine they might interfeare with a nice fade.

Okay, I couldn't find any info on this anywhere, but I'll be safe and put this in small questions:

I just got a pair of dry selvage jeans (Earnest Sewns FWIW) and I've noticed they have a fair amount of small crinkles from the shipping or storage. Is this typical with dry denim?

More to the point: Would it be a good/safe idea to iron out this wrinkles/crinkles? Should I do this inside out?

They don't bother me much, but I imagine they might interfeare with a nice fade.

You can iron them if you want (inside out on a low heat is safest)...or your could soak them....OR...you could just wear them and not worry about it...they're for wearing and enjoying...don't stress over it.

You can iron them if you want (inside out on a low heat is safest)...or your could soak them....OR...you could just wear them and not worry about it...they're for wearing and enjoying...don't stress over it.

Yeah I hear what you are saying. This isn't something I normally stress over, however, I figured since I just got these it might be smart to correct the problem now before I've worn them around a lot, given that it would be pretty easy to do.

Yeah I hear what you are saying. This isn't something I normally stress over, however, I figured since I just got these it might be smart to correct the problem now before I've worn them around a lot, given that it would be pretty easy to do.

It'll probably work itself out...but ironing won't hurt them if you follow the care label. Whatever eases your worries. ;)

I just got my 1st 501xx STFs in the mail. I soaked them right away hung for a while then wore till dry and they fit so perfect but i have massive knee buldge that makes me feel retarded everytime i stand up. Whats the best way to fix it? I wet the knees and used a blow dryer but didnt see much improvement.

Hi,

Someone wants to sell me this Evis jeans but i'm not sure whether it's genuine or not.

I tried to search and compare from the photos i found on the net but still not quite sure.

Think it's might be better to ask for advice from the experts. Is it real? How much should it cost?, ect.

Thank you everybody!

evis-1.jpg

evis-3.jpg

evis-4.jpg

evis-5.jpg

evis-6.jpg

I just got my 1st 501xx STFs in the mail. I soaked them right away hung for a while then wore till dry and they fit so perfect but i have massive knee buldge that makes me feel retarded everytime i stand up. Whats the best way to fix it? I wet the knees and used a blow dryer but didnt see much improvement.

Embrace the buldge...we all get it...in a few weeks you won't even notice it.

Hi,

Anyone know what the deal is with the 'Ben Sherman' Japanese selvedge 'Special Brew' jeans????

i have a pair and the quality seems ok, i haven't worn em yet i just picked 'em up cheap; though the retail price was $$.

Special Brew is BS's premium line...its better than the normal shit you find on bluefly...but its still Ben Sherman, so its not the best on the market. Either way, if you got em cheap, that's great. I wouldn't pay retail for anything they make.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic