SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Oh! Sorry, less long-winded answer: They're fake Denime, but I had to have them anyways.

It seems I got the same fake Denime as you Largo. But I'm actually pleased they look really nice

how do nudie regular alfs fit? i got my apc ns in a tagged 32, which is 33 measured.

They're quite a bit more relaxed than APC NS. And they have a very slight bootcut. You'll want to size down one or two if you want slim fitting Alfs. If you dont mind them relaxed, get your normal size.

what are the "arcs and tabs" when people are talking about flathead denim?

also, i heard dior denim looks awkward on anyone under 6ft, any truth to this?

arc is simply the backpocket stitching.

Tab is the red tab that's located at your right back pocket. Most brands removed it, because of Levi's.....

I think Dior 21cm should look find on 6-ft-ers. But again, i'm not past 6ft and don't own a pair. :o

They're quite a bit more relaxed than APC NS. And they have a very slight bootcut. You'll want to size down one or two if you want slim fitting Alfs. If you dont mind them relaxed, get your normal size.

thanks lorax and bonanz, but the thing i want to know is if the tagged size on ralfs is its actual measurements.

because i'm between 33-34, and if a tagged ralf measures a 33, then i'll be getting that. so that's all i really need confirmed. does anyone know?

I've been wanting a pair of Flat Head 3001 for a while, but I'm worried they won't fit my large frame. Does anyone have post-soak measurements for w34 3001's? Or if anyone owns some sd-103's or KMW 1980's as well as 3001's, maybe they could compare them. My sd-103's in w33 are quite slim from the waist to the knee, but I want something that tapers more from the knee down. The KMW 1980's are overall slighlty looser than the SDA's. Thanks in advance.

thanks lorax and bonanz, but the thing i want to know is if the tagged size on ralfs is its actual measurements.

because i'm between 33-34, and if a tagged ralf measures a 33, then i'll be getting that. so that's all i really need confirmed. does anyone know?

yes, the tagged size is accurate. it will be the waist size its tagged.

just be aware that over time it will stretch an inch, after a year or two maybe even 2 inches. though they will shrink back after the wash.

Which lot? Lot 10? I got a pair of s5000s from lot 10 & at first thought that they may be too small because they kinda fit without the soak. But they didn't shrink a whole lot after the soak or a wash right after the soak to shrink them more.

The thing about them being tight at first is their raw denim state. The denim is so thick & not broken in, it will feel tight, but after a few wears, it will sorta compress the denim around the waist & won't be so tight.

My true waist is a 33 & I got a 32 and it fits pretty good.

Looking to purchase a pair of samurai s0110xj ... wear 31s in imperial dukes (don't know if thats the best ref. point but its the best fit on me) ... advice on sizing would be great from the knowledgeable ones of these boards.

Cheers.

I've been wearing my dry APC rescues a solid week now, and I have every intention of wearing them for the next year+ without break; are there any benefits to the longevity or fade by giving them a cold soak now?

Looking to purchase a pair of samurai s0110xj ... wear 31s in imperial dukes (don't know if thats the best ref. point but its the best fit on me) ... advice on sizing would be great from the knowledgeable ones of these boards.

Cheers.

Get a 31 as well...

ive recently purchased my second pair of SDA103 and had them chainstiched. ive warm soaked them and they barely shrank at all. then i washed them on 30 degree quick cycle and again they hardley shrank. its almost like their a completely different fit to my other 103. their almost verging on being baggy.

should i go for it and wash 40 degree's and see what happens or cut my loses and sell em?

I've been wearing my dry APC rescues a solid week now, and I have every intention of wearing them for the next year+ without break; are there any benefits to the longevity or fade by giving them a cold soak now?

Not really. They'll be a bit softer and loose some sheen if you soak them, but there's no real benefit in soaking unless your jeans are unsanforized and you want to get some shrinking out of the way (APC's are sanforized).

ive recently purchased my second pair of SDA103 and had them chainstiched. ive warm soaked them and they barely shrank at all. then i washed them on 30 degree quick cycle and again they hardley shrank. its almost like their a completely different fit to my other 103. their almost verging on being baggy.

should i go for it and wash 40 degree's and see what happens or cut my loses and sell em?

That's unusual? Where did you buy them? I don't think they're available in one wash, but maybe the store you purchased them from did it?

Does soaking kill your honeycombs and other creases if the creases arent completely set in yet? I'm asking because I've only wore my S5000Bks for 3 weeks but they've stretched an insane amount.

Also, what a good pair of indigo jeans that's heavy, fast bleeding, and will eventually end up very conrast-y?

That's unusual? Where did you buy them? I don't think they're available in one wash, but maybe the store you purchased them from did it?

it was from BiG and they didnt one wash. its weird, it's like their a different fit entirely to my other pair. if possible i'd like to shrink them but its always a hard thing to control

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic