SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Looking for some more info on the stretching/sizing of Earnest Sewn Fulton Patriot #53. Chicken, you said that they didn't stretch much, but I've read other posters who say they do. I bought a 32 in my RRDS which are now really stretched out, partially because I'm losing some weight. But I've also read that the Fulton's fit really slim. Would I go 32 or 31 in the Fulton Patriot? Leaning toward the 32 since Chicken said they don't stretch much

i'm wearing a pair of fulton patriot's right now. i've only had them for a few weeks and they've stretched about a half inch in the waist so far.

i posted this in supershopper, but i realized it should probably go here

i've been stalking these PBH XX-005 sz 29 for a while: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=19584

but i'm not sure if they'll fit. i wear a 30 nudies. and i don't want a really tight fit in the thighs so i dont think sizing down for these XX-005s would be a good idea. can anyone help me out?

I have a pair of Nudie RRDS tagged 32x32 worn straight off the rack, never soaked. These fit perfect, although i could have sized down one. I want a pair of '06 Levis 1947 lVC 501 that will fit like my RRDS in the waist AFTER a warm soak. should i get a 34x32 or 32x32 and hope for some stretching? thanks in advance

I have a pair of Nudie RRDS tagged 32x32 worn straight off the rack, never soaked. These fit perfect, although i could have sized down one. I want a pair of '06 Levis 1947 lVC 501 that will fit like my RRDS in the waist AFTER a warm soak. should i get a 34x32 or 32x32 and hope for some stretching? thanks in advance

What the final waist measurement of your RRDS? LVC normally shrink, once you've accounted for stretching, about an inch. Most of the 47s, including this season's, have a slightly undersize waist, so the 34w will actually measure more like 33, and will shrink to 31 before stretching back to 32.

Where can i find some denime 66xx for cheap?

everyone brags about how denime can be had for cheap

where is this?

probably on jp. auctions and not available to US :(

correcto. if you'd want them cheap, you probably have to go through yahoo!auction in japan.

but the 66xx's aren't really cheap to begin with. i think you have them confused with the 66s. denime xx's are their more traditional repro model, more anti-fit but they come with their higher-end denim. therefore, they aren't cheap. the 66s use their cheaper denim and is also slimmer fitting and are cheap. the 66xx's have the same fit as the 66s, but they use the same denim as in the xx's. therefore, they aren't cheap either. little confusing?

yeah, already tried the masking tape thing but for unknown reason, the goddamn thing won't stick for more than like 10 min and will fall off. i was more looking into getting rid of the stains than preventing then. but thanks anyway.

I've always used plain, clear Sellotape around the bottom of all my raw jeans and it stays on fine for me. Saves murdering all my boxfresh white adidas.

ok so i tried to re-cuff my jeans a few centimeters higher (above the current cuff rip) by spray starching them and they just reverted back

should i spray starch on them and then iron the crease?

i wouldn't iron a crease into your jeans.

try ironing flat the area above the hem where you've been cuffing (this will reactivate the starch you've already put in there), then cuff at your desired level.

or, just hem them now;

or, stack in lieu of cuffing...

What the final waist measurement of your RRDS? LVC normally shrink, once you've accounted for stretching, about an inch. Most of the 47s, including this season's, have a slightly undersize waist, so the 34w will actually measure more like 33, and will shrink to 31 before stretching back to 32.

thank you very much, I received similar advice from Dejan

i really want to personalize a pair of raw jeans and i've found a relatively cheap pair ($100 j. lindenburg), are these a good pair and what do i do if i get them???

The one's that I've seen look really baggy. If that's the look you're going for, by all means. If you do buy them, wear the fuck out of them for at least 6 months, piss on them, spill butter on them, put chewing gum in the crotch, drag them through horse shit, bury them for 3 months, and then wash them with melted snow from the top of Mt. Everest and Tide.

That's about it. :P

I breakdance and sweat alot when I practice. I wanna practice in my selvage to break em in faster. is this a bad idea? Also how does sweat effect the jeans and the wear? Sweat is mostly water so i know thats not a big deal, but will the other chemicals in sweat do anything bad to my jeans?

you may have corrosion on the fly buttons, and youll have to wash more than once every 6 months.

but they will reflect your life, so its good.

i think the button corrosions are really cool. as a matter of fact, i've read of numbers of japanese manufacturers using steel buttons that are designed to rust on purpose. so yes, sweating in your jeans can be positive. just make sure you wash them (not just soak) every so often so that you won't end up damaging the denim itself.

I breakdance and sweat alot when I practice. I wanna practice in my selvage to break em in faster. is this a bad idea? Also how does sweat effect the jeans and the wear? Sweat is mostly water so i know thats not a big deal, but will the other chemicals in sweat do anything bad to my jeans?

sweat consist of salt, water and two chemicals (odourchemicals) 4-metylfenol and 2-metylfenol... as far as i am concerned none of these things will do anything to the denim, or at least not more than regular water would do...

EDIT: of course your jeans are prolly gonna reek rat ass after a while.. but you'll be fine...

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic