SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I'm have a size 34 waist, and I bought a pair of Deep Indigo Selvedge Skinny Guys from a private seller that's a size 33.

I just got them in the mail today, and they're SUPER tight. Like my-thighs-are-dying-from-restricted-blood-flow-and-I-can't-pull-them-above-my-ass-tight.

Any suggestions on how I can stretch them out or even get them big enough to comfortably wear? Or should I just sell it to someone else and buy a bigger size/model.

If so, which size and model? I thought the skinny guys would be fine, but they seem to big, so maybe a WG 32 or 33?

If you guys want some pics, I can take some. Just so you can see how tight they are.

Guest jas010100

sleep in them with a few buttons undone. Make sure you have flannel sheets and a thick comforter and or plenty of blankets. Do this for @least a week,you wouldn't believe how much they stretch. The backs of my unbranded knees got so sweaty, dude. Honeycomb accordian.

Typically no. The reasons vary but the first is that quite a lot of jackets have some taper in them through the sleeves, so when they shorten in the sleeve would now not fit properly into the seam. They are also supposedly quite a pain to work with because there is so much structure in that area and one needs to properly align the new sleeve. On top of this there is the added difficulty of perfectly matching each sleeve. I suppose it is possible if the sleeve is a tube for the area in which it needs to be taken in - but it will probably cost you quite a bit of money (and time in order to find someone willing to do it).

Fuck me you're right. Thanks for the common sense-- I mean... insight. Guess I'll have to go from the sleeves and hope for a natural looking new seam.

OK this seems like the right place to have a discussion of the whole freezing issue. It would be nice if we can conduct this in a non-rancorous way: just exchanging information and evidence.

So here is the background: I live in a city that has a hot, humid summer. Sweat is a problem, stale sweat more so. Public transport from 5--7 pm is known to be hazardous in this respect. For most city office workers who don't own a whole lot of suits the problem must be acute and expensive.

For a good while now I have taken Nudies advice to heart that putting smelly clothes in the freezer overnight can take the smell away. I've done it and it has worked spectacularly well. I sometimes combine it with hanging them on the line to air for the day, but the frequent rain has made that tricky. So often it is just the freezer. Clothes come out of this smelling particularly good — to one who does not particularly like the smell of detergent on clothes.

I have done this with shirts, tee shirts, jackets, and of course jeans (though the latter rarely ever have much of a smell anyway). The smell does not return with ordinary wearing, though it will if they are just aired.

So — it loos as though the bacteria that are responsible for the smell are killed in the process of freezing. (My freezer goes down well below zero degrees Celcius.)

Does anyone have any evidence that these particular bacteria are not being killed by freezing? Just to be clear I am aware that freezing does not kill all bacteria. Nor for that matter does boiling. There are some bacteria that can thrive in even the toughest conditions. But what about these common bacteria that are responsible for making clothes smell? Is there evidence that they are not killed and if so what is that evidence?

Civilized discussion, then.

Is it normal that after soaking my new lvc 47 the water in the sink is orange? (I used hot water from the tap, and that came out milky-white ish. and the sink is made of white plastic.) Initially at the 30 minute mark the water had a blue tint. after I went back at 1:20 the water was orange...wtf? (I did use a white/red targets shopping bag to seal the drain...but I didn't notice color loss form the bag)

PS:Some people told me few posts prior to use the washing machine on hot and take it out before the rinse cycle, but none of the laundromat around me has machines that don't lock the door lol

Edited by divinebaboon

I need a 18oz + heavy denim pair of pants with thighs that are larger than 13", preferably 13,5"-13,7", tapered fit from the knees down and in indigo... Anyone else than IH got something like that?

Is it normal that after soaking my new lvc 47 the water in the sink is orange? (I used hot water from the tap, and that came out milky-white ish. and the sink is made of white plastic.) Initially at the 30 minute mark the water had a blue tint. after I went back at 1:20 the water was orange...wtf? (I did use a white/red targets shopping bag to seal the drain...but I didn't notice color loss form the bag)

PS:Some people told me few posts prior to use the washing machine on hot and take it out before the rinse cycle, but none of the laundromat around me has machines that don't lock the door lol

Yes, it's pretty normal, don't worry. The colour - which I'd normally think of as yellow - is the size-ing or starch from the denim.

about what waist size do we talk? Samurai 710XX19oz maybe?

Ah, i forgot the most important part: I need it to be 38" (I usually use vanity sized 36" (aka, WG 36" and unbranded 36" fit me good, IH 38 also fit me good, maybe a bit big).

Do the Samurais run that big?

yes the s710xx19oz goes up to tag size 40. if you afraid the cut might be too slim for you, samurai offers in the 510 (a more regular cut) denim in 19, 21 and 24 oz

Thanks!

Not really a question...but have you guys seen the Modern Marvels episode about random things people carry in their pockets? It just started but seems a little interesting.

Also we all know or seen josh's test with the bacteria on the denim, on the show they were doing test on the lint inside the pockets. While the clean and one day old jeans didn't have any bacteria the several day old pair had tons of bacteria like staph and some other crap I can't spell. They explained one of the bacteria was caused from either touching or picking your nose and then putting your hands into your pockets and that's how like staph could be chilling in your pockets. Also like myself I like to put my coins in my pockets and there's got to be tons of bacteria on them!

What's your guy's take on this? Feel pretty much the same as bacteria on other parts of the denim? Would you actually wash your pockets with out washing the rest of the denim more often or just not even bother?

Edited by LckyChrmsBBoy

Has anybody in the chicago area (city or nearby suburbs) found a tailor who can do a chainstitch? I tried a search and nothing recent came up.

I found several who offered an "original hem". I wasn't quite clear what this meant, but it sounds like they cut off the hem, trim the inseam, and then sew the original hem back on. Sounds kinda sketchy, and I think a lockstitch would be better.

Thanks in advance,

Marcus

I just try order from 2nd for the first time...they reply that i cannot use credit card for first time order, which is the payment have to be pay by paypall or bank transfer.Is this normal?And the shop personal reply my email in square type symbols ,

Any idea how to settle this matter.Many thanks in advance.

The reason i want to try buy direct from Japan is..Samurai jeans available in my place(Malaysia) is so expensive.It cost me usd600.00 for s5000vx 21oz. Now i want to go for s7000vx-rr.

Edited by spidereye

I was thinking of following in the footsteps of a number of celebrities and having a hair transplant. Initially I was going to use hair from the back of my head like everyone else but the possibility of replacing my thinning thatch with a new denim barnet is becoming more appealing.

Consider the possibilities: left hand or right hand parting - yesterday's news! I'm thinking left hand or right hand twill!

First there's the cotton - long or short staple? Smooth and sleek Zimbabwe or rough, slubby Texas?

Then there's the colour. I could go for 30xdipped hank dyed natural indigo or a more wallet friendly synthetic indigo (with no sulphur base). How about a dramatic jet black, although sometimes that's too obvious for a man of my maturity.

Stylewise, I could leave my "sushi ears" exposed or cover them up; I could have a taper towards the back and top it all with a Union Special combstitch.

This could give a new meaning to the term "denim head" although I'd have to keep out of the rain for a while as I'm still too young for a "blue rinse".

What do you think?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic