SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Is there a thread in Superdenim about baggage?

Not necessarily all denim bags, but there are so many nice bags that have a broad sort of denimesque appeal. Duluth Pack, Frost River, Filson, Archival, etc.

Thinking about starting a thread, but I don't want to make something redundant or unwanted.

could i get some some pbj fit recommendations? (i'm 5'0 around 100lbs)

sorry for the huge and crappy picture, but these are my nudies tlj in denim stretch (24x32). i love the way it fits and how tight they are. However, i'm looking into buying some pbjs and i was wondering if pbj 1069 are similar to my tight long johns. how heavy are the 1069s? how's the quality of pbj? i find that nudies.. aren't worth the money in terms of quality imo..

mms_picture.jpg

http://blueingreenso...emart&Itemid=62

^these are the pair i was looking at and would size 0 lot W fit alright? or should i size up?

^ freeze them

thanks, but will it really remove the odour for good? I imagine it would remove it while it is frozen, but once it warms up the smell would come back, as low temperature doesn't kill the bacteria but only makes them sleep. either way, they are in my freezer as of right now, so we'll see. would steam ironing be any good?

Does anyone have experience in FH1001s? looking to see whether a size 28 or 29 would be better for me. Currently comfortably wearing a 27 APC NS and Nudies size 26 but that are too tight for me. I think my true waist is between 28-29 but probably closer to 29

Does anyone have experience in FH1001s? looking to see whether a size 28 or 29 would be better for me. Currently comfortably wearing a 27 APC NS and Nudies size 26 but that are too tight for me. I think my true waist is between 28-29 but probably closer to 29

measure 2 inches below your belly button and go tts. if you have skinny thighs, you can size down as the waist on these stretch back out a lot. depends on the look you like...

I went tts with my first pair of 1001, and I wish I went down a size as I have skinnier legs

just my opinion

I'm thinking about buying a pair of samurais. I'm looking at the s0500xx and the s710xx but I'm not sure which will fit me better.

I'm 5'7, 148lbs and my waist measures 29.5 in. I have pretty athletic/larger thighs measuring at 21.5 in, but a slim upper body which is what makes sizing for jeans a bit difficult. I'm looking for a slim fit, not too tight, not too loose.

Looking at BiG's sizing charts, the size 29 in the 0500xx is similar to the size 30 for s710xx except that it is 11.75in vs 12.25in in the thigh. I'm leaning a bit more towards the 710xx since based on pictures around the forum, I like the way it fades better. What do you guys think will be a better fit for me?

This is how a size 29 one month old pair of Levi 501 STFs fits on me. I'm not quite sure if I like the way this fits either. So I guess opinions on this too? Thanks

th_Levi501xxSTFindigo1monthfront1.jpg

Edited by JHeritage

i posted a similar thing to this about a year ago, but can't find it.

every single pair of jeans that i have owned - whether they painted on april 77's or loose 19oz iron hearts; any of them will have a crotch blowout anytime between the 4-10 month period. this doesn't ever happen with any other trousers, just denim.

if they are something like the pair i am wearing currently (momotoro vintage 0701's) they get an initial soak like all raw denim does and then i usually wash them every 3 months or so as i am not anal about fading and shit. this pair is only 4 months old and is going to blow out any day now.

does denim hate me? as mentioned, i wash and do not size down too much (don't sag whatsoever either). i'm 6'1/75kg and generally wear a 30-31 so i am not some huge dude either.

Edited by conqueror

i really want to pick up a pair of LVCs, i have a pair of STF 501s right now that i really like the fit on. So which LVC model would be closest to a modern STF 501? I basically need something with a roomier thigh and some taper to the hem but doesnt have to be extreme im trying to slowly break away from tight jeans finally.

hi all

glad to have found this community. seems like there are some very knowledgable people here.

i was wondering if someone could please recommend a pair of jeans similar to nudie easy emil organic deep shade. i have bigger quads and prefer to not wear tight jeans. i like a straight fit and not too many complicated patterns, etc on my jeans (simpler the better). also, i do not prefer raw since i dont get a chance to wear jeans all the time (formal work wear etc) so something dark washed like the above mentioned easy emil deep shades is perfect. the problem is i think nudie discontinued this model. any other recommendations?

here is a link if you are not familiar with it

http://insiderainbow.com/v02/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/nudieeasyemildeepshades.jpg

thanks!

• rep_up.png
  • rep_down.png

What are some cool boots in the 250-300$ range? Need help finding ways to blow my tax returns

I think that some redwings GT or Iron Rangers would be a good choice. Maybe some Wolverine 1000 mile boots if they fall in that range.

Anyone know why Self Edge doesn't carry Samurai jeans anymore?

It was because BiG was carrying them and I think kiya wanted to be unique from BiG, which is also why skulls were discontinued at self edge.

Anyone have any reccomendation for a tailor that'll do a good job hemming a pair of jeans in NYC? I'd rather go to a tailor with some reputation from SuFu than a random one.

Do Edwin Jeans Run similar in terms of waist sizing to Nudie Jeans?... Cuz i tend to be a 30-31 in Nudie Thin Finn but 31-32 in Levi, and 29 in True Religion... So i want too know if they run similar to any of those brands that i just mentioned,,, Please help... Sooner the better

Do Edwin Jeans Run similar in terms of waist sizing to Nudie Jeans?... Cuz i tend to be a 30-31 in Nudie Thin Finn but 31-32 in Levi, and 29 in True Religion... So i want too know if they run similar to any of those brands that i just mentioned,,, Please help... Sooner the better

I can only speak for the unwashed ED-32, ED-39 and ED-47 models, but those three are vanity sized. They are sanforized and the waist did not shrink while rinsing in warm water, yet they can stretch quite a bit with wear. So you will have to size down 2 inches from your natural waistline to account for the vanity sizing and the stretching. For the loose fit models it might be even 3 inches.

I do not own any Nudies, but I am a 30 in Levi's, and a 29 in Edwin is too large for me, 28 is about right.

I can only speak for the unwashed ED-32, ED-39 and ED-47 models, but those three are vanity sized. They are sanforized and the waist did not shrink while rinsing in warm water, yet they can stretch quite a bit with wear. So you will have to size down 2 inches from your natural waistline to account for the vanity sizing and the stretching. For the loose fit models it might be even 3 inches.

I do not own any Nudies, but I am a 30 in Levi's, and a 29 in Edwin is too large for me, 28 is about right.

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/edwin-mid-rise-slim-fit-jean-item-10126216.aspx

http://www.mrporter.com/am/product/186781?cm_mmc=LinkshareUS-_-ProductFeed-_-Edwin-_-Jeans&siteID=J84DHJLQkR4-n2m9ea6AvBjbVwreknk6_w

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/edwin-selvage-denim-jean-item-10126219.aspx

These kinds of models/types are the ones i'm talking about... Like the slimmer ones... i should always size down to a 28?

I really would like the last and 1st ones... 29 wouldn't fit? :/

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/edwin-mid-rise-slim-fit-jean-item-10126216.aspx

http://www.mrporter....AvBjbVwreknk6_w

http://www.farfetch....m-10126219.aspx

These kinds of models/types are the ones i'm talking about... Like the slimmer ones... i should always size down to a 28?

I really would like the last and 1st ones... 29 wouldn't fit? :/

Given that I am a 30 in Levi's (and usually Edwin size 28 works for me) and you are a 31 or 32 in Levi's means that either Edwin size 29 or 30 should be alright for you. Your shop, Farfetch, seems to offer free returns so you could simply order both and see which one fits better (if they offer the free returns for sale items as well, that is).

Given that I am a 30 in Levi's (and usually Edwin size 28 works for me) and you are a 31 or 32 in Levi's means that either Edwin size 29 or 30 should be alright for you. Your shop, Farfetch, seems to offer free returns so you could simply order both and see which one fits better (if they offer the free returns for sale items as well, that is).

I appreciate all of your help... i believe i will do that

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic