SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

^Thanks for the advice. Doing it in NYC so I guess I could run over the BIG or SE and see what they have to say. I was hoping some new stuff had come out since I last frequented the forum. Can't quit skating...It's my job these days and is much more a part of my style than my clothes are. Hopefully I can find a decent substitute. I've got some friends making skate-wear, and they put these really awesome stretch panels in the crotch...saves the whole rest of the pant from having to stretch, but unfortunately their heavy canvas is nowhere near as durable as my denim has been in the past. Might see if I can get them to put some stretch panels in my 811s. The crotch is blown out anyway...

Hey guys, this might be a really dumb question, but what exactly is "true to size"? I get kind of confused with all the measuring and stuff.

For example, I measured the highest point of my waist and it is about 29". I never wear any of my jeans that high, only dress pants. I measured my waist where I usually wear my jeans and it measured around 32". But the most comfortable pair of jeans I have is a sz 30 with a measured waist line of 30". So for me, what is my tts? Is 30" my tts since my most comfortable pair is measured at 30"?

Sorry for be dumb about it, but I was just wondering for sizing purposes on future pairs.

Measure your favorite-fitting pair of pants and use the measurement, not the tag, as your true waist size.

That's entirely dependent on possessing a pair of pants that fit right in the waist to begin with, though. Without any good reference point, it may be tough to guess.

Edited by Cold Summer

Does anyone know the approximate shipping weight of a 14.5oz pair of jeans (size 32)?

Is it over 1 kg?

M.F, can't tell if you're serious but from my experience they seldom hit the 1kg mark. usually approx 800-900g. they have on occasion reached 1kg though, but that depends on how you pack them.

I post loads of eBay jeans, and they nearly always come in around 800g (but hey, they're often Levi's and everyone knows they're made of tissue paper). I use the plastic mailers, which cut down the weight bigtime.

seems like it would be around 1kg/2.2lbs

seeing how 32oz (N&F) claims to be ~5lbs so if it converts out proportionally 14.5oz = ~2.2lbs or 1kg

i know this question has probably been asked before, but is there any way to fix small fraying on jeans? my APCs are fraying on the seams (i think it came from biking in them) and it’s been bothering me. i was thinking about using a small scissor to cut the fraying strings off or maybe using a match to melt them down… thanks

^Cotton doesn't melt, burning it won't really solve the problem in the long term so you should get a needle and thread and just loop the thread around the inseam wherever it's frayed.

What causes the puckering on the yoke and back pockets of some jeans when some 100% cotton thread jeans don't have it?

Is it from certain machines being used or thread tensions or something else?

Thanks

^Sorry to requote this but is there anyone that could educate me?

Thanks

Searched and couldn't find much info. Whats the deal with ONI denim? Looking at the ONI natural indigo's

so I have two questions...

I'm looking for a new pair of raw (selvedge if possible but not a deal breaker) indigo but my main concern is cut. My first inkling was to go with APC but after reading back in this thread I saw someone with a similar concern and people said to go with 3sixteen, I also know APC isn't the best denim of all time. This was a good ways back in the thread so I was just wondering what your opinions are now, is there any other brands I should be looking into? I'm rail thing and looking for something with a nice tapered cut. I'm assuming my best bet would be Dior 19 cm MIJ but 600 bones is a lot for me. That said I would like to hear my options in a couple different price ranges as I don't mind saving up if it's something I really like. I went through the evo of denim thread and I was liking the fades on the PBJ but like I said I'm about cuts first and foremost we can talk fades later.

edit: After more research on this I'm looking mostly at Self Edge x Imperial=sexi04 what do you gurus say?

Also I'm looking for a pair of black skinny jeans, I was thinking non-raw just clean and black that will stay that way. And on my search I've found a few different compositions some with 2% elastane, some with 5%, some with polyeurethane (if I recall correctly, not even sure if that's the same thing...I'm a physicist not a chemist after all) and I was curious if there's any added benefits/drawbacks to the compositions. For the most part the high end and low end jeans I've come across have been quite similar in measurements and composition. Is this something I can pick up on the cheap and not face much consequence?

tl;dr

What are some really nice tapered cut jeans?

Which black skinny jeans should I buy, non-raw, 34'' inseam?

thank you for your time.

Edited by Sean9

After loosening up my samurai's so they dont appear to flare out i decide to cuff differently, but from having it cuffed soo high before there are lots of random creases and it doesnt seem to fall to nicely at the bottom any more, any tips? or should i just rock em and itll go away eventually?

i posted in the Warehouse thread, but no one responded back. I searched the thread for info on shrinkage, but came up with mixed results. I'm planning on picking up a pair of 660's from BIG, but am stuck between a 32 and 33. If I soak them in really hot water for about an hour, would they shrink anymore than BIG says they will in the post soak measurement chart?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic