SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

A friend of mine managed to get this pair of Lady Lee Riders.

I think Lee only produced very low amounts of jeans for women in the 50's.

The previous european Lee agent said it's quite a rare pair and it's a pair with museum-status. What do you guys think?

I have never seen one of these pairs in a denim catalogue.

I have seen them before, both in the Lee archives and in a London retailer; women's jeans don't fetch anything like as much as men's so I don't think they will have a massive value. I know the last pair of 50s Lady Levi's I saw in London were around £200, where a men's pair in comparable condition would have been five times the price. I didn't know about them being comparatively rarer than Lady Levi's, so this might affect it.

Lovely jeans, though.

Pulled a new pair of 47s out of the washer just a moment too late (the spin cycle had just started) and I noticed some really huge creases going down the front of each leg. How fucked am I? I tried soaking them and they're still there. Can I expect these to go away, or am I destined to have huge faded creases down my thigh?

EDIT: they're below the shin. Annoying as hell, but I should have seen this coming.

Just iron them out. I usually just leave em there. Wabi-sabi.

Anyone?

It's not the crease that bothers me as much as the potential for a giant vertical line running down my shin. I'll give ironing a shot, though I don't think it'll remove it. Fuck the spin cycle.

It's not the crease that bothers me as much as the potential for a giant vertical line running down my shin. I'll give ironing a shot, though I don't think it'll remove it. Fuck the spin cycle.

Just get an indigo felt tip and colour it in. :)

Anybody here got the complete size chart (Including Front/Back Rise, Thigh. and Knee) of 1966 Cut? Google only led me to Sugarcane's but it's still missing the Back Rise and Knee. Thanks before!

If the sc measurements are ok you can find them on blueingreensoho.com

Marty-McFly-Power-Laces-2-SampleSaleShop.jpg

marty-halloween-lg-38098877.jpg

Short guy here trying to find the perfect jeans.

Any recommendations of jeans that fit like Marty Mcfly's jeans who is also a short guy

Lee Zed or really any tapered fit should do the trick. I guess Levi's 505's in the 1967 cut can even make you look taller, since they have a rather high rise.

most likely it catches fire and then explodes...do you really want that to happen?

it's possible that you yoke rips and why wait till the damage is too big? better repair now. safes you a lot of hassle.

there was some pair of Imperials which also were totally destroyed and ripped in that area

Has anybody washed raw denim multiple times to get a lighter color? Would they still stretch and crease the same way raw denim normally does? I'd like a lighter pair that still creases/molds the way that raw denim does and I'd be willing to go the self-washed route to get the fit that I want.

I'd say that it has to be earned. If it was easy to get the Samurai-esque fades that we desire then there would probably be more convincing examples of "distressed" denim on the market. I mean, if you wash jeans 10 times or something you'll obviously have indigo loss, but I don't think it would be the same.

^^^The N&F look good, but i'd just like to see if it was possible to wash raws so as to have more selection of cuts/quality.

^I'm not talking the high contrast fades that raw denim gets (that's what my APC's are for) I'm just talking about the creasing and stretching that contribute to an awesome fit, but in lighter colors (for spring/summer)

Has anybody washed raw denim multiple times to get a lighter color? Would they still stretch and crease the same way raw denim normally does? I'd like a lighter pair that still creases/molds the way that raw denim does and I'd be willing to go the self-washed route to get the fit that I want.

Why on earth would you want to do that? Raw denim will fade by itself to a lighter color, the more you wear and wash, that's the whole point...

I've had a very funny thing happen today. I washed a pair of Lee GL 101B's for the first time this morning and hung them to dry. They are dry now and seem to have shrunk A LOT, I mean we're talking at least two W sizes and three L sizes. Now, good thing is I've lost a lot of weight since I bought them, so the still fit me...

But: the label definitely said 'preshrunk'. What's up with that? A lot of owners must be in for a rather unpleasant surprise?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic