SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

So, I got a pair of these Somet jeans of yoox, cause they just costed me 25 euro, and even if the color was as bad as in the pic I could overdye them. I got them, and the color they have now is not that bad at all. It's a raw denim underneath I think because around the selvedge line and around some part of the inside I can see the dark blue.

Now I was curious, would anybody maybe know what kind of dye these might be?

nieuweafbeeldingeg1.png

Rain is approaching, is it not wise to wear your raw's in the rain and leave them at home? I would hate to come home to bleeding blue denim legs

You will be okay. If it worries you, don't wear them, but cowboys didn't go home to change when a squall came rolling in.

I'm ordering some some Samurai S0500XX's (one-wash) and I am a size 30 in my natural waist (measured around belly button).

I am buying from Yuichi at Pirates and I have been told these are the sizes for the one-wash model:

size 30 ... waist 74 cm

size 31 ... waist 76 cm

size 32 ... waist 78 cm

size 33 ... waist 80 cm

size 34 ... waist 82 cm

This seems a little small as 74cm is only about 29 inches. I am also told they sit a little low on the waist too so I am torn between which size to get. When measured around the top of the hips I measure more like a 32. Can anyone with any experience with these jeans help me out?

Thanks.

I'm ordering some some Samurai S0500XX's (one-wash) and I am a size 30 in my natural waist (measured around belly button).

I am buying from Yuichi at Pirates and I have been told these are the sizes for the one-wash model:

size 30 ... waist 74 cm

size 31 ... waist 76 cm

size 32 ... waist 78 cm

size 33 ... waist 80 cm

size 34 ... waist 82 cm

This seems a little small as 74cm is only about 29 inches. I am also told they sit a little low on the waist too so I am torn between which size to get. When measured around the top of the hips I measure more like a 32. Can anyone with any experience with these jeans help me out?

Thanks.

That chart cant be right... According to the chart at samurai-j.com all measurements are 3-4 cm bigger.. (http://samurai-j.com/samurai/detail/s0500xx_shopping.htm far bottom).

I hope your chart is wrong otherwise Ill be in big trouble hehe, just ordered a pair.

That chart cant be right... According to the chart at samurai-j.com all measurements are 3-4 cm bigger.. (http://samurai-j.com/samurai/detail/s0500xx_shopping.htm far bottom).

I hope your chart is wrong otherwise Ill be in big trouble hehe, just ordered a pair.

i was under the impression that measurements at Pirates were given in a shrunken state. maybe i'm wrong though

I am sure you are all aware of the rumor that levis sued evisu regarding the profile stitch on the back pocket, which resulted in the painted brush stroke on evisu jeans. Is this true and if so is there any source could anybody point me in the direction of that proves this?

Hey guys, just need to confirm a few things.

What are lee's and wrangler's denim quality like? I've never owned lee's and from what I've felt and seen lee are pretty average and I think wrangler's are worse... And it disgusts me when I see people pay $150aus for a pair. Anyway... Some people swear by lee's... So what's the go?

And can you please put these brands in order from best quality to least... If you arnt familiar with the brand please leave it out.

Imperial, evisu, nudie, ksubi, Levi, wrangler, lee, april 77, chip and pepper, sling and stone, cheap mondays.

Thanks guys, I love this thread

I am sure you are all aware of the rumor that levis sued evisu regarding the profile stitch on the back pocket, which resulted in the painted brush stroke on evisu jeans. Is this true and if so is there any source could anybody point me in the direction of that proves this?

Evisu started off as Evis, which I believe sparked a lawsuit from Levis. There have been numerous discussions throughout the board on Levi's lawsuits, but I can't recall if there was something specifically targeted towards Evisu's backpocket design.

Looking for a straight leg jean like the lvc 47's but with a slightly shorter rise and no baggy ass. Tried apc ns but found them too tapered. Have also ruled out samurai and nudie as i don't like them. Any suggestions ?

Take a look at Studio D'Artisan 103's.

Looking for a good pair of ripped slim jeans that is similar to dior destroyed but without the crazy price. What can I get? Hysteric Glamour?

I know this is the denim forum, but you might have better luck in the Supershopper SQT for fashion-related/distressed denim.

are most japanese brand denim rope-dyed? e.g. samurai, somet, pbj, eternal etc

Not necessarily.

Hi guys, just wondering is F380 is similar to Eternal 811 (in terms of slimness), I'm trying to find something similar to 811 or Sammies 0500 *liking the fit on these 2* (thinking of grabbing 710XX but might be too hot for summer), any suggestion?

I would think that the F310 would be closer to the 811, but I think it might fall in between the 380 & 310. Take a look at the sizing charts on BIG & SelfEdge's websites to compare. For something lighter weight, I'd look for something 14.5oz & below. Maybe Sorahiko Slims or something from PBJ?

Hey guys, just need to confirm a few things.

What are lee's and wrangler's denim quality like? I've never owned lee's and from what I've felt and seen lee are pretty average and I think wrangler's are worse... And it disgusts me when I see people pay $150aus for a pair. Anyway... Some people swear by lee's... So what's the go?

And can you please put these brands in order from best quality to least... If you arnt familiar with the brand please leave it out.

Imperial, evisu, nudie, ksubi, Levi, wrangler, lee, april 77, chip and pepper, sling and stone, cheap mondays.

Thanks guys, I love this thread

Lee & Wrangler's standard lines are your typical quality denim. I wouldn't say they're any worse than Levi's or anything else you buy at the mall. With companies like Chip & Pepper, you're paying for name over quality. Cheap Monday isn't great quality, but it's cheap. Evisu has too many lines to comment, but they make both great quality and not-so-great quality stuff. Imperial is good quality, Slings & Stones is good quality (but for girls), Ksubi is okay from what I've seen, but nothing special, and I have no comment on Nudie.

I'm not going to make you a chart...these things are solid like that.

^^Thanks Gimmie for all those answers.

Speaking of which, any good quality brand will have something cheaper and something crazy and unique. Sugar Cane comes to mind. Not necessary in cuts, but some of the fabrics and dyes they used were pretty crazy.

Note on the 811's, the rise on those are truly epic. I don't think I own another pair with a rise higher than that. Might be my imagination.

^^Thanks Gimmie for all those answers.

Speaking of which, any good quality brand will have something cheaper and something crazy and unique. Sugar Cane comes to mind. Not necessary in cuts, but some of the fabrics and dyes they used were pretty crazy.

Note on the 811's, the rise on those are truly epic. I don't think I own another pair with a rise higher than that. Might be my imagination.

The new pbj 010's wih the purple weft might be up your alley. Not sure about other stuff though. Aprils and cheap mondays can always be kind of interesting.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic