SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Hey!

I'm new to this board and relatively new to the world of denim. It's nice to meet you all! I'm looking for some rockabilly style jeans similar, or the same as the guy in the center of this pic is wearing. Also, does anyone have any pics of themselves wearing Levis 1955 rigid? I'm thinking of getting a pair online but would like to see how they fit. anyway, here's the pic. many thanks!!:)

Chris

http://bp0.blogger.com/_UsPYU-tExRA/RpaDlhUiO_I/AAAAAAAAA_g/zYKuiwRQw5c/s1600-h/303729739_l.jpg

I think those dudes are actually in a pyschobilly band, but that's neither here nor there.

Those are probably a pre 1900s Levi's because of the suspender buttons and lack of belt loops. If you had a rear shot you'd probably only see one pocket. Can you get down with that look or do you need both back pockets?

Check cultizm.com, they'll have the Levi's you're looking for.

Looking to get a pair of slim fitting gray jeans that are under $100. Any recommendation? I've seen people with some gray levis 511's I think, but I can never find them anywhere. I know the 511's are around $40, but I don't mind spending more for a better quality of denim.

Looking to get a pair of slim fitting gray jeans that are under $100. Any recommendation? I've seen people with some gray levis 511's I think, but I can never find them anywhere. I know the 511's are around $40, but I don't mind spending more for a better quality of denim.

Uniqlo has decent gray jeans. Prewashed though.

?

im just wanting to know what are some good ways to wash my imperials?

just stick them in the washer? wear them in the shower (using deinm soap)? or should i just bubble soak them with agitation?...

thanks

What are you looking to do with them? And how dirty are they?

Hopefully I'm not the only one with this problem,

but I got my pair of APC NS, and put my wallet in the back pocket, it stretches out the butt part, especially when I sit down. So it makes the back pockets really far apart. So much so, it makes me want to sag, but sometimes I have a diaper.

Any tips? Maybe a new wallet?

sup sufu. couple quick q's:

first, i recall reading something along the lines that the apc hipsters and ns are essentially the same cut, just with differing rises. is this so? if not, how do they differ?

on that vein is it unheard of to size down 3 on a pair of these? has anyone done it and have fit pics to show for it perhaps?

Guest patchmb
how do samurai shirts fit compared to flathead shirts? like is an xl in samurai, like a 44 in flathead or am i out of luck.

I have a samurai denim shirt in large & i wear a 44 flat head. wish i had got the sam shirt in xl although the large fits ok , i would like it to have a bit more room.

You should be fine with an xl

so I haven't owned a pair of nudie's going on 2 years now. The pair I own are lost somewhere in the ether, so I can't really compare considering I don't even remember them (slim jims, didn't fit well). anyways, I'm looking into a pair of Thin Finn Dry Coated Black - but since they go by standard sizing now (the SJ's I had back in the day were just a 36 waist, no tagged length, probably about 35" inseam) is a 36x34 really a 36x34? am I really in store for a 34" inseam, or is there some extra length there? Just wondering.

I'm looking to get my first pair of raw denim because I don't have to wear a uniform at college and will be able to get a good amount of wear out of them :) There just seems to be so many different options of what to get and I don't really have a clue. I would like to spend around £100 GBP max. I'm looking for a slim but not too tight fitting jean, i'm 5'7, 130 lbs and my true waist is 30". Do I need selvage jeans or not? I'm just looking for some recommendations on what jeans to get!

Thanks!

i'm thinking of getting nudies, but theres so many cuts that i dont know what to get. ive already read the descriptions and looked at pics, but to be honest, i dont really see or understand that much difference. so my question is, what cut and size should i get?

i'm about 5'4", weigh around 115 lbs (yes, im short and skinny). i dont want very tight jeans though. i'd rather have it a bit loose than too tight. i have 501 STFs that are size 30x32 and im happy with those although the waist is a bit big so i just wear a belt. i wouldnt mind wearing a belt with my nudies though. so what cuts are the most similar to 501 STFs and what size should i buy?

i'm thinking of getting nudies, but theres so many cuts that i dont know what to get. ive already read the descriptions and looked at pics, but to be honest, i dont really see or understand that much difference. so my question is, what cut and size should i get?

i'm about 5'4", weigh around 115 lbs (yes, im short and skinny). i dont want very tight jeans though. i'd rather have it a bit loose than too tight. i have 501 STFs that are size 30x32 and im happy with those although the waist is a bit big so i just wear a belt. i wouldnt mind wearing a belt with my nudies though. so what cuts are the most similar to 501 STFs and what size should i buy?

You might wanna try www.mynudies.com. They'll have better insight.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic