SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Got a pair of levis 501 stf's. I'm planning on doing a hot soak for 3 hours in the tub. I've never done this before, and the encyclopedia was rather vague on shrinking.

Should I fill the tub with the hottest water out, and let it soak for three hours?

or

Should I fill the tub once each hour with hot water to keep the temperature up?

No need to worry about this too much, either method will work, personally I'd fill the tub with hot water, then top up as it cools. You only need worry about the water being very hot if you need them to shrink a lot. It's worth putting them on before you hang them to dry; kneel down in them, squat etc, then hang them on the line, this will help set the creases.

will folding my diors in 3rds (in half and then hem up to knee, knee + hem up to waist) and keeping them in a luggage for about 8 hours make weird creases?

it didnt mess up my apcs.. theyre only like 1.5 months on. still take creases easily. just make sure you dont try to crease them. should be okay

I've worn my Flat Head F310s for about 4 months straight now, but I dislike how big the leg opening is, and would prefer it slightly tapered/slimmer. When I wear the F310s with flat shoes, the hems get massively torn up.

I'm thinking of getting them hemmed up past the chewing and taken in a bit (they're currently 8" flat, I'd like about 7.5")

Anyone done this to a pair of raws they've worn? Anything in specific I should tell the tailor to minimize fucking up the fades?

How small are your feet ???

I'm looking for a place to get my crotch repaired and hemmed (chainstitched) in nyc anyone know any good places?

dont' say blue in green they said it take at a minimum a month or 45rpm they'll only work on 45rpm jeans.

i wonder if getting the crotch chainstitched on the ol' US will help prevent a blowout...

honestly, i know of several men who have gotten the foreskin snipped well after 25, and they all say it was beneficial.

Do you mean circumcised? I've heard it's pretty unsatisfactory when done later in life.

you beat me to it.... hhahahaha

quick sizing question:

I did read the long thread but just wanted to double check:

I'm 5'11 and 136 pounds with a true waist 29. Would a 29 in raw diors fit me? And is there THAT much of a diff between 21cm and 19cm?

(I'm a 29 in nudies by the way)

thanks

-matt

Grey jeans? I am aware of Skull, NDG, Hoboken Asphalt. I am looking for something with a button fly, darkish grey raw or overdyed. Not really interested in anything as tight as Aprils. Also I'm in London area around now and would like to grab, moving to mainland Europe soon.

I just need new pants man.

Ok, I've got some pretty decent jeans in W36 L34, no idea whether they're sanforised or not. All the blurb says is that I can expect up to 1.5" shrinkage on the waist. I'm happy with that as they're a bit large on the waist, but I need the leg length as otherwise I'll be showing off my ankles to the world.

I've just soaked them for an hour in warm water and there's been little shrinkage. If I were to hot soak (VERY hot soak!) the body of the jean (i.e. from waist to crotch), would it be possible to shrink the waist some more without wrecking the other proportions of the jeans?

And does this make sense?

Thanks in advance again guys, this noob appreciates your help!

:)

hello has anyone on here orderd from g-a-r-d-e-n i placed my order for pair of samuria 4weeks ago still haven't got them i did ask them to hemm them should it take this long.i email them to see if they sent them because i haven't got a tracking number yet and they haven't sent them yet what would you do

Grey jeans? I am aware of Skull, NDG, Hoboken Asphalt. I am looking for something with a button fly, darkish grey raw or overdyed. Not really interested in anything as tight as Aprils. Also I'm in London area around now and would like to grab, moving to mainland Europe soon.

I have a pair of S2A that I love. Yoox has pairs very similar on occassion.

Also, anyone know where the cheapest place to buy apcs is right now?

hello has anyone on here orderd from g-a-r-d-e-n i placed my order for pair of samuria 4weeks ago still haven't got them i did ask them to hemm them should it take this long.i email them to see if they sent them because i haven't got a tracking number yet and they haven't sent them yet what would you do

never heard of them. why did you choose them over like 2nd or a proxy?

I see that there's a japanese denim proxy service, but is there one for the brands found at UO (Academi, specifically)? I've heard UO always has Academi's for $20 and I'd like to get a pair but I don't live anywhere NEAR a UO, and I don't wanna pay $80 for a pair when I've never tried out the raw denim thing before.

Ok, I've got some pretty decent jeans in W36 L34, no idea whether they're sanforised or not. All the blurb says is that I can expect up to 1.5" shrinkage on the waist. I'm happy with that as they're a bit large on the waist, but I need the leg length as otherwise I'll be showing off my ankles to the world.

I've just soaked them for an hour in warm water and there's been little shrinkage. If I were to hot soak (VERY hot soak!) the body of the jean (i.e. from waist to crotch), would it be possible to shrink the waist some more without wrecking the other proportions of the jeans?

And does this make sense?

Thanks in advance again guys, this noob appreciates your help!

:)

What brand are we talking about? If it says they'll shrink that much, they're probably not sanforized. Hot soaking is the best way to get the shrinking out of the way (actually, hot washing is)...but the rest of the jeans will shrink too. The general rule - if they fit before you've soaked them, you bought them too small.

What brand are we talking about? If it says they'll shrink that much, they're probably not sanforized. Hot soaking is the best way to get the shrinking out of the way (actually, hot washing is)...but the rest of the jeans will shrink too. The general rule - if they fit before you've soaked them, you bought them too small.

Evisu Deluxe 17oz, and the waist still needs to lose another inch, I reckon...

Just a thought

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/MensBrowse/Men_Shop_By_Category/denim/vintageslim/PRDOVR~93092/93092.jsp

Thanks guys, can't seem to find any S2A other than the waxed cotton or whatever in grey. I wish Grey Skulls weren't so bloody short. Also that a pair were out there in my size. Thanks beatle too but those are too light for my liking.

hi, can anyone tell me how tight the LVC 505 are ? should i go for a 36w if i normally am a 34w in dior MII

tnkx

Depends which ones you're talking. Same as 501 but with a zip you know.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic