SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

There are a lot of options. My suggestion is Nom de Guerre... although I'm sure there are way better, just that my only experience lies with these.

They are raw (non-selvedge), 14.5oz (my estimate), and very slim without being skinny. They're not really meant to fade well, but I wore mine for 5 months and they showed a lot of promise (past-tense "showed" because I had to prematurely retire them due to a devastatingly severe dog attack, as well as spilling an entire can of blue paint on to them). They were absolutely perfect in my opinion (EXCEPT) they have a prettty steep back rise. Anyway, good luck with your search. And props to your choice of color. Gray is a very underrated one in my opinion.

i sized down two on the ns but they don't fit tight, they look like a normal straight leg (which is ok but for my next pair i want something a little bit tighter)

Get the same size in NC as you have currently in NS, they should be suitably tighter.

i dont know it will works or not...compare the situation with chewing gum on shoe. What people do is to put the shoe in the refrigerator and so the gum will easily peel off.

So, i guess it might work for your jeans too...put it in the refrigerator for a day or so and hopefully it will freeze the glue. Then you might try to peel it out. Hope this help.

my janitors do this at school, they use keyboard cleaners and freeze the glue till it cracks and eventually crumbles off.

not sure if this will work but use it as a last resort!

I've looked endlessly for LEE especially the 101B 1936 (Hair On Hide) dry denim in my size W40 or even W42 - but not been successful in my hunt.

Are they made in this size and should I give up the search or does anyone know of where they can be found - links etc would be great if they are available.

I think they are my favourite looking denim of all time but unless I shed a ton of weight lets face it it is the best thing to do but not the easiest, what are the options ?

I'll also go for a Leepro but have not found any to suit either.

Thanx

Hey guys my thighs measure about 12 inches across in the largest place - Could i get away with 31 new standards - or should I really be looking at rescues. Also does anybody have any fit pics of rescues - I can't really picture how they'd look.

I have been wearing 514s for a while and love the fit, but am interested in getting something nicer. Does anybody have any recommendations for a similar fit?
You could try Imperial dukes http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=184

Or Iron Heart 634S

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=205

Or Apc New Standards http://www.contextclothing.com/brands/apc/new_standard.php

There's a ton of stuff out there. Nudie makes a lot of similar cuts, but from my own experience I'd say forget them and buy something worthwhile.

What are tram-lines? I was looking at Ironhearts' page and in their FAQs is a reference to these, and they recommend washing jeans inside out to avoid them. Just curious what they are. Are they discolorations/creases of some sort?

It's probably what's frequently called train tracks. Over time the seams on the outside of your legs begin to fade, and the vertical two lines look like train tracks due to the slight separation in spacing consistently down the side of the leg

I heard a rumor the Denim Bar in Arlington does chainstitching. Can anyone confirm?

Call them or check Style Forum. Denim bar has been banned from here. But I've never heard of them doing chainstitching.

Are there enough makers of Black coated jeans to justify a thread dedicated to them. I know we have, nudie thinn finn, average joe, and slim jim. Would be specifically for jeans that produce that leathery effect after wear. I've seen some evisu black coated for sale on style forum. What other companies offer them. What are they coated with? Do resin coated jeans give similar shine? (Or am I an idiot and the nudies mentioned are resin coated, and not coated with something else?)

quick question. will hot soaking a pair of sanforized denim such as dry bones have an effect on the outcome of the eventual fading proporties? looking for as much input as possible

Why are you soaking them?

It will make a small difference, not none, more to do with the loss of sizing and starch than due to loss of indigo. They look and feel different when soaked. I happen to like the crispness of Sanforized jeans; once soaked, they'll be softer, less stiff, less glossy. In turn, this will slightly affect the look of the fading, which will perhaps be slightly less high-contrast.

Hey guys my thighs measure about 12 inches across in the largest place - Could i get away with 31 new standards - or should I really be looking at rescues. Also does anybody have any fit pics of rescues - I can't really picture how they'd look.

yes you can get away with them. i have 24" thighs and i wear size 30 in the indigos. they're good and slim but not quite skin tight. i have the black ones in 31 and i enjoy that fit. i sag a little bit though.

will soaking after 5 months of wear unsettle my combs/creases?
no.

Unless they were raw when you wore them in which case you fucked up

like the others said, if they were raw and this is the first time they're hitting water, then yes, combs/creases will be disproportional...

these responses are kind of misleading. if the jeans were sanforized then you don't have anything to worry about. honestly, don't worry about it. wabi sabi

these responses are kind of misleading. if the jeans were sanforized then you don't have anything to worry about. honestly, don't worry about it. wabi sabi

Agreed. In fact, some of my Lee jeans were supposedly Sanforized, I wore them raw for 6 months, and it turned out, when I washed them, they had changed to a non-Sanforized denim. Although they shrank 10 per cent or so they were fine; the creases didn't move to a noticeable extent, and the fade on them is absolutely classic.

Agreed. In fact, some of my Lee jeans were supposedly Sanforized, I wore them raw for 6 months, and it turned out, when I washed them, they had changed to a non-Sanforized denim. Although they shrank 10 per cent or so they were fine; the creases didn't move to a noticeable extent, and the fade on them is absolutely classic.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic