SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I guess I will try one more time. I have a pair of Corpus raw jeans (thankfully a pair without crazy back pockets) and was wondering if there is anywhere I can find info on the denim they use. I was thinking of doing a soak, but I wasn't sure if it would do anything as far as shrinking.

Thanks.

Anyone? I can't seem to find any info on these jeans anywhere.

i figure it's time i got help.. i'm havin problems finding nice grey denim that fit pretty much the way i want.. instead of goin into lengthy detail (SMALL QUESTIONS thread), for now, i'm just REALLY hoping you guys could point out to me some grey denim that's NOT too dark.. probably grey coated or overdyed i would think.. lots of greys i find are dark they appear light black or even worn indigo if ye ask me.. hah.. thanks... :o

well.. thanks for the suggestion man, but the skulls are a good example of gray denim that doesn't really look grey.. haah

the House of Cassete's from barneys are close to what i'm lookin for in colour and cut (though i'd wear them slimmer than the dude in the pic).. again it's one of those low profile label and designs though that there's very little info about (well at least in my parts).. kind of a dangerous buy..

thanks again dude

anymore suggestions?

Does anyone know where I can find the Capital E York Jean in ice blue wash? LIke the one in the "cool acid wash" spread in the march issue of GQ? I CANNOT find a pair. I found one at Barney's but it wasn't my size (I need a 33'' or 34'') and they're gone now anyway. I spoke to Levi's and they said that their shipping program is being updated so they haven't been able to replenish anything, and that's why they're not in any of their stores or online store. ANd they said when they do replenish they're not sure they will replenish THAT jean.

So has anyone seen a pair? Know where I can get a pair? Preferably somewhere that ships or online, because I don't live close to a big city. Any suggestions would be apprecieted! Also, is the Capital E line raw denim? And if so, does that mean I should buy them a bit on the snug side? Sorry, I'm pretty new at this. Thanks in advance!

Can anyone recommend some decent skinny Raw Denim? I really like Nudie's Tight Long John and I would probably like their High Kai fit too, just never tried it on. Right now my favourite cut is April 77 Joey, but I'd like to see if there's anything else out there, so maybe I won't have to buy a third pair of the same cut ;). Keep it under $250.

I got a pair of SExI04's in size 30, but they're way too big and I'm having trouble finding a pair in size 28.

Would it be worth taking the size 30s to a tailor and having him take in the waist and upper leg such that they fit like 28s? Or would that too drastically alter the shape of them and reduce their lifespan?

is it generally considered bad to switch between two pairs of jeans when one of them is new?

since march, i've been wearing a pair of apc ns pretty much everyday, but i just came back from new york with a pair of pbj 005BK. i got them in black since i'm really curious to see how bk's fade first-hand, and also because my work doesn't allow blue jeans (i still wear the apc's... just with a loose pair of pants over them). anyway, i'm really tempted to start wearing the pbj's now, but i've had the apc's for 2 months already and don't want to ditch them all of a sudden. should i...

1) continue wearing only the apc's until after their first wash, thus giving them some closure...

2) wear the pbj's on work days (4-5 days a week) and wear the apc's the rest of the time...

3) drop the apc's altogether...?

So I came over to pick up my jeans from my cousin today and it turns out his mom washed them for me. They were Nudie Dry Slim Jim blacks with at most 1.5-2 weeks of wear. I'm pretty dam pissed to say the least, and the jeans just look horrible now imo. Loss of all sheen, its just dull and like that cheap shit you can just get for $20. It shrank a good deal, no honeycombs, whiskers, nothing, and its all furry. These seem pretty much destroyed and I threw like $160 at these.

Is there anything I can do? or is it time to move on to some other jeans...

what brands make j-shaped jeans?

ccp has a pair as well.

Little bit curious. Where does everyone keep their phone? I can tell most people don't put it in their front pocket because there's no fades or anything from it..

i keep my phone in my back left pocket, and my wallet in the right. the phone rarely ever gets sat on, if youre wondering. when i sit it kind of moves to the furthest side of the pocket and avoids any ass and seat sandwiching.

i figure it's time i got help.. i'm havin problems finding nice grey denim that fit pretty much the way i want.. instead of goin into lengthy detail (SMALL QUESTIONS thread), for now, i'm just REALLY hoping you guys could point out to me some grey denim that's NOT too dark.. probably grey coated or overdyed i would think.. lots of greys i find are dark they appear light black or even worn indigo if ye ask me.. hah.. thanks... :o

thin finn/slim jim dry grey coated. imo they look pretty grey, but i would say they are on the darker, more than lighter side. you could get a pair of the dior grey waxed-cotton model. i have them and theyre a nice, light shade of grey.

Can anyone recommend some decent skinny Raw Denim? I really like Nudie's Tight Long John and I would probably like their High Kai fit too, just never tried it on. Right now my favourite cut is April 77 Joey, but I'd like to see if there's anything else out there, so maybe I won't have to buy a third pair of the same cut ;). Keep it under $250.

nudie thin finn dry comfort - 185

dior 19cm mij - upwards of 300 :|

I got a pair of SExI04's in size 30, but they're way too big and I'm having trouble finding a pair in size 28.

Would it be worth taking the size 30s to a tailor and having him take in the waist and upper leg such that they fit like 28s? Or would that too drastically alter the shape of them and reduce their lifespan?

honestly i find that most people who greatly alter their jeans regret it. even people who do as little as hem their jeans wish (in time) that they didnt. if i were you i woudl bite the bullet and try to sell the 30s, and maybe get a pair of 28s at another time. taking in the waist is a hugee alteration, and yes can lose their lifespan and proabbly will lose their shape. ive had things altered and they fit horribly. just my .02

is it generally considered bad to switch between two pairs of jeans when one of them is new?

since march, i've been wearing a pair of apc ns pretty much everyday, but i just came back from new york with a pair of pbj 005BK. i got them in black since i'm really curious to see how bk's fade first-hand, and also because my work doesn't allow blue jeans (i still wear the apc's... just with a loose pair of pants over them). anyway, i'm really tempted to start wearing the pbj's now, but i've had the apc's for 2 months already and don't want to ditch them all of a sudden. should i...

1) continue wearing only the apc's until after their first wash, thus giving them some closure...

2) wear the pbj's on work days (4-5 days a week) and wear the apc's the rest of the time...

3) drop the apc's altogether...?

it's not bad at all to switch b/w pairs of jeans. if you wanna get some crazy fades fast however, then you should stick to one pair. my work doesnt allow me to wear jeans at all, i went from wearing slacks to black jeans to my SExFH05 everyday at work, haha. i just wear whichever jeans i feel like waering at the time, unless im working on a particular pair, like right now.

So I came over to pick up my jeans from my cousin today and it turns out his mom washed them for me. They were Nudie Dry Slim Jim blacks with at most 1.5-2 weeks of wear. I'm pretty dam pissed to say the least, and the jeans just look horrible now imo. Loss of all sheen, its just dull and like that cheap shit you can just get for $20. It shrank a good deal, no honeycombs, whiskers, nothing, and its all furry. These seem pretty much destroyed and I threw like $160 at these.

Is there anything I can do? or is it time to move on to some other jeans...

not much you can do since theyre already washed.. i have a pair of dry black thin finns and imho they wouldnt have faded that much anyways. black is hard to fade. you could overdye them yourself, or even coat them. there are threads of people who have done those types of things and have posted, search for it if it's something youre interested in. if not.. then take the loss and jump on another pair (:

need some new black jeans, was thinking about the ndg narrow fits..

anyone have any exprience with these? any other suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks.

nudie thin finn dry black coated//kmw 1980 black selvage

I'm looking for a pair of gray jeans for summer. I really like the NDGs but they don't make anything smaller than 30 (right?). What pair would you guys recommend me? I want a light gray.

same as above, nudie thin finn grey coated or dior grey waxed cotton.

APC New Standards fit me the best- can anyone recommend a jean, say, something found at www.blueingreensoho.com

with the fit of the new standards? any of the brands...

thanks.

pbj005 or 007 if they have your size. i own a pair of momotaro low-rise slim fits and love them, though the waist was a bitch the first ~15 wears.

I just got some pbj 005bk's from BiG and opted not to have them hemmed because I wanted some stacking. Unfortunately I'm getting a bit too much and the bottom is constantly getting dragged under my heels, even after I cuff them 2". So in order to stop this I've been cuffing them twice, but I don't like the look because of the color contrast. Any suggestions?

By the way, I also chose not to soak them. They would most likely be too tight if I did, so instead I'm going to wear them for a while to get them stretched out and then soak them, by which point they won't shrink passed where they started (according to the sales person at BiG). Should I wear them in a hot bath to narrow the lower leg without shrinking the top too much? (Everything above the stacking point is perfect right now.)

Great idea! You could get 4 crappy pairs for $250 instead of 1 good pair, and end up wearing them all out in the same amount of time you would've spent on the 1 good pair....

Well, I only recommend him to get the fit he want (tight fit)

What do you recommend anyway smarty? it seems that there are very few tight fit that has high quality.

Skulls is a good option.

I have a pair of 27 New Cures and I wan't to have a well fitting New Standards. My 27 New Cures are pretty restricting and because of that I'm thinking about a 27 New Standards. What I'm worried about is mostly the thighs because I'm a regular lifter and I have a very slim waist but a very muscular built leg. After stretching does anyone have experience with new cures thighs vs new standards? Thanks in advance

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic