SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

My dad is looking for a nice pair US made Levis. He wants a straight legged fit and doesn't want to pay what he sees as a crazy amount like $200. Can anyone point me in the right direction as I don't know too much about Levis.

im a tweener 30-31 and im gonna be picking up a pair of Lot 2000 no.1 evisus. size 2 up is what i hear but i don't know whether to go 32 or 33... my waist is probably 30.5 so is there a chance i wouldnt be able to fit in 32s at all? im willing to struggle if it ensures i dont get a nasty hip flare..

for the past 6 months, ive been wearing the SC okinawas. the crotch is about to blow out, so i would like to send them off for repairs and also rotate in a new pair.

for the new pair, i am looking for a more modern cut than the SC line... something with a lower back/front rise... something that doesnt bunch up so oddly in the seat. maybe something with a slim, but not skin-tight fit.

what recommendations do you all have?

Thanks for the quick reply. Now since I've failed to understand the APC threads sizing recommendations somehow. I guess i need to ask for your help again.

I brought out my tape measure:

Directly across the bellybutton pulled as TIGHT as I can: slightly over 25

Directly across the bellybutton loose: 28

Directly across the hip bone as TIGHT as possible: 28

Directly across the hip bone loose: 30

Now, From the reading i've done. I should buy the pair that fits tight (almost to the point of not being able to button) and they should stretch out to a looser fit. I plan to wear them on my hip so that would suggest I get a 28, which I did. I suppose I should have bought the size that MEASURES 28 instead. According to context this doesnt exist. Next best thing would be the size that measures 26.

Does this sound about right considering I can fit four fingers into the waist of the 28?

A slightly related question, I tried on slim jims in dry twill on sunday, the 29 fit quite snug, I've read slim jims don't stretch much, would buying the 29 be safe considering how this APC buy turned out, or should I go with a 28?

for the past 6 months, ive been wearing the SC okinawas. the crotch is about to blow out, so i would like to send them off for repairs and also rotate in a new pair.

for the new pair, i am looking for a more modern cut than the SC line... something with a lower back/front rise... something that doesnt bunch up so oddly in the seat. maybe something with a slim, but not skin-tight fit.

what recommendations do you all have?

1. denime 805

2. flathead 3001

3. skull 5010

^^Somet. Skulls. RRL. there's a lot out there. Just stay away from the repro companies like Denime, SDA, pure blue, Warehouse, etc.

agreed on SDA and warehouse, but denime 805 is a killer slim jean. couldnt be happier with mine. the fit is quite similar to skull 5010 but the denim is ten times better.

im 6"0" 135lbs. and my true to waist is 28. what size should i get for s5000vx 21oz? cause some guy has a size 29 up on supermarket and im contemplating if i should cop them or not. would 29 be regular fit on me? or slim straight?

caveat: mine were the 17oz and not the 21oz:

i wouldnt if i were you. my true waist is a 32 and i got a 33 in the 5000vx because it was the last pair BiG had at the time. you should really size DOWN on these instead of up. for someone as slim as you are, it will be a baggy fit with a huge high-rise waist that will stretch even larger. expect 1-2" stretching on the waist, even with a belt.

i wore mine for about 3 weeks and theyve been sitting in my closet since. expect them on the supermarket soon.

What should I do? My nudie thin finn's are slowly seperating on the outer seam right around my knees.

Take them to the tailor down the street. They will fix them for you. My hobokens did this around the crotch. It's an easy fix even if you're novice with a needle and thread.

How best to dry denim?

I've got some year old slim jims that i need to wash/dry and some flatheads coming that i will soak and dry.. i'm in england where the weather has just gone cold, wet and miserable... so drying them outside is not an option??

i got glue all over the butt of my jeans. it is a real nasty glue, black and super-adhesive. (i was sitting on the tailgate of someone's car, it was hot, the glue that holds the weather stripping came off..) i have about 2 months wear and don't want to wash. don't know if a wash would help anyway. any methods out there for removing glue? i already tried rubbing with a damp cloth and it didn't help.

i got glue all over the butt of my jeans. it is a real nasty glue, black and super-adhesive. (i was sitting on the tailgate of someone's car, it was hot, the glue that holds the weather stripping came off..) i have about 2 months wear and don't want to wash. don't know if a wash would help anyway. any methods out there for removing glue? i already tried rubbing with a damp cloth and it didn't help.

i dont know it will works or not...compare the situation with chewing gum on shoe. What people do is to put the shoe in the refrigerator and so the gum will easily peel off.

So, i guess it might work for your jeans too...put it in the refrigerator for a day or so and hopefully it will freeze the glue. Then you might try to peel it out. Hope this help.

Hey,

been wearing my dior mij's for a little less than three months now.. but i'm already afraid that the crotch could blow out any time soon (i've never been biking in those jeans or done any other special activity)

would soaking help the fabric strengthen again and make the crotch way stronger ?

thanks

Hey,

been wearing my dior mij's for a little less than three months now.. but i'm already afraid that the crotch could blow out any time soon (i've never been biking in those jeans or done any other special activity)

would soaking help the fabric strengthen again and make the crotch way stronger ?

thanks

yes, washing strengthens the fabric. 3 months do sound a little early though..

I need some repair advice.

I've worn my Nudies for everyday for almost exactly 1 year now and the denim is getting threadbare in a few places. If I continue wearing the jeans I'm positive the fabric would bust through within 1 months time.

Here's the weak areas:

Just under back left pocket

nudieback.JPG

Back right pocket

nudiepkt.jpg

Crotch that has ripped completely through and is being held by a patch on the interior

nudiecrotch.JPG

I like the wear but I don't want the fabric to bust through. I've taken the jeans to the local tailor for a few crotch repairs but I think what the pants need now is out of her league. Does anyone have any advice who I should go to or what can be done to maintain the structual integrity of the fabric while still maintaing the worn look?

Thanks,

Jacob

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic