SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

What's a good bike seat so that I won't put holes in my crotch and ass prematurely? Riding my bike destroyed my Skulls in the gooch region so I thought maybe a new seat could help.

Longterm a leather saddle...a pain to break in - but it will shape after ur ass...should prevent rubbing...

I need some repair advice.

Just under back left pocket

nudieback.JPG

Back right pocket

nudiepkt.jpg

Crotch that has ripped completely through and is being held by a patch on the interior

nudiecrotch.JPG

You can always reinforce with another piece of denim...on the inside - or just sew it on the outside...

How best to dry denim?

I've got some year old slim jims that i need to wash/dry and some flatheads coming that i will soak and dry.. i'm in england where the weather has just gone cold, wet and miserable... so drying them outside is not an option??

This question isn't even denim related man.

Ask your mom if she has experience with drying wet clothes in rainy weather (hint: she'll say no)

So my denimz crotch is getting pretty worn and I'm worried it's going to bust.

I've heard that you can handwash just the crotch area in order to strengthen the fabric. Is this a good idea or should I just take it to a tailor and get it reinforced?

Dumb question:

Dior 19cm Silver Selvedge Black - raw or not?

Also how much would they shrink if they ran through the dryer after a soak?

Also, do they really have to be dry cleaned?

They are raw.

They will shrink about a half inch from where they were originally before any stretch.

They won't really fade. Just wash them.

From what I have read, XX means texas denim is used

and vx means zero denim is used.

Not 100% sure though.....

i dont think so please do some research befre answering because the newbies might believe it and they might start a hype k thx bye

Is there a general rule about not hemming my jeans before a shrink?

Like.. a raw pair of jomons with an inseam of 36, and the O/W measures 34, but i want a 33?

If you know denim pretty well i always say it's better to hem BEFORE soaking because the most leg twist and the beginning of roping you're going to get is during the initial soak. So i you know how much it's going to shrink just hem it that much longer plus .5" just to be safe...

Thinking of washing my jeans today: Nudies @ 1 year w/ 1 wash. What temperature should I was them with? Holt/cold, warm/warm, warm/cold? The first wash was cold/cold and that didn't get as much of the brown undertones and crap out as I would have liked.

Thinking of washing my jeans today: Nudies @ 1 year w/ 1 wash. What temperature should I was them with? Holt/cold, warm/warm, warm/cold? The first wash was cold/cold and that didn't get as much of the brown undertones and crap out as I would have liked.

Wash them in warm/warm and then let them air dry.

i have a pair of levi's 510 jeans (http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp;jsessionid=EDF249AC4F58A52CCDB2AE8A46A03D8D.app13-node6?itemdescription=true&itemCount=10&id=13380704&parentid=M_APP_JEANS_SKINNY&sortProperties=price&navCount=84&navAction=poppushpushpush&color=91)

people here confirmed they were raw and should therefore wear/fade like regular raw denim. i bought them about 6 months ago and have never washed them and i am starting to see some denim fade.

anyway it's gotten to the point where i really want to wash as well as shrink the jeans. they've stretched out a lot and i've been wanting to shrink them since the day i bought them anyway. i also want to wash them because a) they're dirty and B) i really want to see some fading. i'd also like to starch them (i have liquid starch.. not the spraycan kind) because i really like the feel of rigid/raw denim, plus i heard it helps with fading and such.

how would i go about doing this? would i wash them in cold water/hot water? pour starch into hot water and just leave them soaking? throw them in the dryer? (doesn't the dryer make denim softer though?... that would contradict the whole starching deal) etc. i've never really done anything like this before so it'd be cool if someone could help me out.

thanks

^^

yeah i'm not expecting miracles. i also wanted to starch (i have liquid starch somewhere) and shrink them. so i was thinking something like a very hot wash with woolite dark and then a hot soak with the starch mixed in (since the starch bottle says not to mix the starch with detergent, soap, etc. all at the same time) I'm thinking in both the wash and soak the water should be hot... since i want them to shrink. i've never done anything like this before (i've asked.. but never done it). is that a really stupid combination?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic