SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

my levi 501 STF leg and leg opening are to big I already gave them one hot wash should i give them another right now they are 7 1/2 inches and I wan't to get them to 6 3/4"

I doubt you'll achieve this much shrinkage, especially if you already washed them hot. Most, if not all, shrinkage will be out and it's minimal on the hem anyway.

how do you size red wing boots? if im a 9 in chucks same size?
im a true 10.5 in nike, adidas, most things...

but a 9.5 in redwings

i'm a 10 in nike/vans etc, and a 9 in the red wing moc toe boot and iron ranger, but a 9,5 in the red wing chukka. they run a little smaller.

Didnt know where else to put this, so......

I'm looking to get a contest off the ground for 2011. I hoped this would be a good point to do it if anyone else was, as I am, looking for a new denim project for the year.

My idea for the contest is "Battle Of The Heavyweights", which would be a 12 month contest open to wearers of any brand of denim weighing in at 17oz and above.

I am going to be making my 2011 project denim purchase in the next 7 - 10days, if anyone else is interested in a competition like this drop me a PM. If there is enough interest I'll open up a thread.

First combatant has joined up, I think 6 would be the minimum to get this off the ground.

For anyone interested, a few guidelines...

1) Your jeans may be any brand, and model, so long as the denim weighs 17oz or more.

2) Your jeans must be unworn at the start of the contest.

3) Your contest jeans must be your main denim to be worn for the next 12 months.

4) We will expect one photo update per month on your progress.

Keeping it pretty simple on purpose, the focus should be on the beautiful heavy denim.

Do you guys keep a denim/clothing spreadsheet or word document? Lately I've been putting together a document with company and fit/size/purchase price/date of purchase/wash details and a second section as sort of an organized wishlist. If anyone has something going that works well I'd love to see. Mine feels a little disorganized.

Do you guys keep a denim/clothing spreadsheet or word document? Lately I've been putting together a document with company and fit/size/purchase price/date of purchase/wash details and a second section as sort of an organized wishlist. If anyone has something going that works well I'd love to see. Mine feels a little disorganized.

if i didnt remember wrongly i think dkatz had a spreadsheet that he kept including measurements pre-soak and post-soak. you might want to ask him about that...

if it is already snug when you put it on then just wear it. If you feel it will look better a little smaller, soak it in warm water. Rinsing IMO doesn't do much.

Just got a Lee 101 Storm Rider Jacket, raw. Should I rinse or soak or just start wearing?

IT should be Sanforized. The new denim sheen is part of the look; no need to soak. You might get marginal shrinkage when you finally wash, depending on the source of the denim, but none of the fading should move, so unless you don't like that crisp, new feel, leave as is.

IT should be Sanforized. The new denim sheen is part of the look; no need to soak. You might get marginal shrinkage when you finally wash, depending on the source of the denim, but none of the fading should move, so unless you don't like that crisp, new feel, leave as is.

Thing is, I have a pair of 101 B's in what looks like the same denim and are made in Poland just as the jacket. And the jeans shrunk, A LOT, although the label said 'preshrunk...

Also, any ideas/experience on how the wool will react to the indiog bleeding into it on the first wash?

Just got some nudies with elastane and they fit about right, right now. Will they stretch out a ton like a normal pair of nudies or be able to retain the size better due to the elastane? Trying to figure out if I should exchange for a size smaller. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

In my experience, jeans with elasthane in 'm don't shrink or stretch at all, no experience with nudies though...

Stratos, I guess you got the same jacket as i did from Lee shop? 50% off, unfortunately no discount on the archive collection ;-)

I'm thinking about giving them a soak as well, corduroy? collar has indigo rubbed on it so i guess this will still bleed

x-post from LVC thread

LVC were kind enough to eventually send me some spare rivets for my 1915s, as the pair I received from threebyone.com had a rivet missing on the cinch.

My question is, how do I attach these things securely - just by bashing the washer onto the rivet post until it feels secure?

The new rivet post seems much longer than the existing posts that are already on the jeans. Do I have to cut this down or hammer it down too?

I'm a little confused here and any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to New Zealand for 5 months next Monday and want these to be my main jeans out there so I need to sort it out quickly.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic