SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Hey!

okay.. I know nothingg about denim at all

& yet for the past 2 years I have been living by the "no wash" rule

(I read it in gq) ahah, but! about twoish.. months ago I bought a pair of

slim straight.. "raw" ? denim from Club Monaco

& they are STILLLL kind of bleeding on stuff

at first I was like.. ehn it doesn't matter it'll stop eventually

but now I don't know!, also.. the rear crotch area is kinda of bagging out a bit.. soo! my question is ONE.. is this even quality denim (just if anyone knows about these jeans) & TWO. is there any way I can set the colour/wash them WITHOUT losing colour??? because they are a beautiful shade of indigo & I'd rather not lose it..

u have been wearing ur jean for 2 yrs without wash? Dang wash it ASAP

Just use some gentle soap (Dr. Bonner)

personally I'll just use woolite dark.

i thought i'd try out cuffing these jeans to see if it alleviated kneebagging, which it really didn't. however, i'd like your opinions on cuffing. it's new to me so i don't know how i feel about it. basically, the stacking is just too much unless i'm wearing real low profile shoes (i.e. not the half cabs pictured in the cuffed image.) too lazy to get them hemmed, and not interested in losing the chain stitch.

uncuffed:

fit2.jpg

cuffed:

cuffed.jpg

no no no. mad stack is hypebeast style, alternatively, always a lil weezy concept style. hemmed or tiny stack is sufu style. these things concern me not. i've decided to ditch the cuffs and let them fall as they may. the butterfly effect as it were.

no no no. mad stack is hypebeast style, alternatively, always a lil weezy concept style. hemmed or tiny stack is sufu style. these things concern me not. i've decided to ditch the cuffs and let them fall as they may. the butterfly effect as it were.

lolz. mine arent turning out so well with the butterfly effect :(. my left stacks look terrible, all lopsided, etc... anyone know how to fix it?? or will it start stacking regular after softening up a bit more??

it would be helpful if we could see your feet in the unstacked picture. So right now I think the cuff looks better.

besides that i'm all for cuffing and against stacking. either hem them to your appropriate length or cuff them imho.

u have been wearing ur jean for 2 yrs without wash? Dang wash it ASAP

Just use some gentle soap (Dr. Bonner)

personally I'll just use woolite dark.

no ahaha, I've had three pairs of jeans!

over the past two years

& with this "Dr. Bonner" work to keep my jeans dark?

but stop them from bleeding?

that is what I am trying to achieve..

no ahaha, I've had three pairs of jeans!

over the past two years

& with this "Dr. Bonner" work to keep my jeans dark?

but stop them from bleeding?

that is what I am trying to achieve..

For me, Dr bronners keeps em pretty dark, and they dont bleed much. i havnt used anything else, so i dont know if other things work a lot better or not though.

stupid question alert:

i have a pair of sammies, about 1.5 years old that need to be washed.

i have a pair of flat heads which have only been soaked (zero indigo loss) that are getting their first wash.

if i throw both pairs in the wash at the same time, will the sam's be "dyed" w/ the indigo that washes off the flat heads (which will be plenty - as i said, i've only soaked them so there's no indigo loss due to zero agitation)?

when you guys do hot soaks have any of you stained your bathtub with indigo? if you did how did you remove it?

somehow, all i had to do was scrubb it with a sponge... is it usually that easy??

i think indigo is water soluble so, yes it should be that easy. but its way easier with a cleaner, like if you sat in the tub with your jeans on to control the waist. when i did that i got a large spot of blue the size of my ass on the tub and I couldnt scrub it out. so the 409 got it out easy.

i think indigo is water soluble so, yes it should be that easy. but its way easier with a cleaner, like if you sat in the tub with your jeans on to control the waist. when i did that i got a large spot of blue the size of my ass on the tub and I couldnt scrub it out. so the 409 got it out easy.

i'm pretty sure indigo is NOT water soluble under normal conditions. i'd say leave ass-stain on the tub. it'd be an interesting story to share with guests staying the night.

Hey Denimheads,

I was wondering if it is possible to have a sort of hybrid of raw denim, I say this because I recently was given a pair of J.crew pre-washed jeans as a gift. So I have been wearing them quite a lot recently noticing that more so than any other pre-washed denim I have ever had they are starting to crease and have slight honeycombs. I'm assuming this is a stupid question but none the less would love to know more about this. Also is J.crew's denim any good? I haven't had a single problem yet with my jeans but was wondering how much the denim weighs?

spare ribs - they might have be coated denim or be starched or something. This is a bit more unusual on prewashed jeans though, so im not sure.

donuts - best way to let them dry is outside in the sun if possible, maybe hang them in the shower for an hour after the wash to let the excess water run off then just leave them to dry naturally.

donuts - best way to let them dry is outside in the sun if possible, maybe hang them in the shower for an hour after the wash to let the excess water run off then just leave them to dry naturally.

presoaking is just for unsanforized jeans, right? otherwise it'd just be to get rid of excess indigo and starch? will it lighten the jeans?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic