SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Need some sizing advice for new standards. I'm not sure whether to size down 2 or 3. I'm 5'7, my true waist (just below my belly button is 29") and my thigh at the thickest point is 18" around. I'm looking for slim-ish but NOT skinny fit, however I don't want to end up with a really baggy waist due to stretching. Should I buy the 26 or 27?

Hey all, so I'm probably going to be getting a pair of New Standards soon. They will be my first real pair of raw denim and I'm wary of the sizing. I usually wear a 30 waist with a 30-32 inseam and I would love to get these to fit similar to my 514s. I kinda hate stacking or cuffs that are too wide so I guess I'll have to get them hemmed, right? I'm wondering if anyone could give me some advice on sizing and how much it might cost to get them hemmed? Any recommendations on a place in NYC would be appreciated as well, as long as its not too pricey.

Size down 2 from your normal waist size. Normally size 30 fit's me fine but i tried on a pair of new standard 30's and they were absolutely huge. If they sold 27's in the uk i'd get them but i'll have to settle with size 28's.

Question

Just a small one about hand washing jeans, should i let the jeans soak inside-out in woolite before i hand scrub them? Or is it better to let them soak without turning them inside out?

I'm looking at buying these RRL slim black jeans. They're overdyed selvedge, quite cool. However they're a women's cut.

The measurements are all good. The only thing I'm worried about - do you think (because they're a women's cut) that they're going to look too 'girly'? I'm specifically worried about the cut in the hips...

What y'all reckon?

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=585778ℑ=235280710&images=235280698,235280710,235280806,235280830,235280775,235280734,235280752,235331681&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=585778ℑ=235280710&images=235280698,235280710,235280806,235280830,235280775,235280734,235280752,235331681&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0

I'd be a bit dubious about buying a women's cut, especially as it has to take into account a woman's hip shape. Also the rise may be too low for a man. Why not just get another black skinny jean? They aren't exactly hard to find.

Yeah as i said the hips are the thing I'm most hesitant about. The rise is actually fine. For me, these stand out because they are indigo jeans, overdyed with black. So they'll fade gradually into a blue/black, rather than into that dirty brown/black of most black jeans..

Ah i see.

Well unless you can physically try them on, you'll have to seek advice from somebody who does know how female cut jeans fit on males.

Hello, I've got a couple of questions I hope you may answer. Recenty I've run into a good oportunity of getting a pair Evisu Genes one-wash rinse sninny fit, for cheap just like these:

http://shop.evisu.com/products/mens-skim-rinse-jeans-denim

Are they any good? Selvage? Will they fade well? And more important, sizing... I'm a true 34, and there's sizing info for other jeans but not these, knowing that evisu usually runs large, should I get a 32?

Thanks!

Hello, I've got a couple of questions I hope you may answer. Recenty I've run into a good oportunity of getting a pair Evisu Genes one-wash rinse sninny fit, for cheap just like these:

http://shop.evisu.com/products/mens-skim-rinse-jeans-denim

Are they any good? Selvage? Will they fade well? And more important, sizing... I'm a true 34, and there's sizing info for other jeans but not these, knowing that evisu usually runs large, should I get a 32?

Thanks!

Most likely won't fade too well as they're one wash and as the description said "excess indigo faded", creasing will also be minimal on these jeans as all the starch has been washed out for the soft feel. These probably are selvedge jeans being Evisu and all.

I'm looking for a '47/'66 501-style jean that fades to a more vintage look than something like FlatHead.

Right now I'm primarily looking at the Samurai S5000VX and the Warehouse 800. Love the fades on the 600 contest jeans and the lighter weight denim, so they're in the lead. But I can't find much info on them, much less fit pics, etc.. By my reading of the measurements, they're almost identical to the S5000VX, with a higher rise.

So, I guess the question is - good option for a slimmish repro cut?

BiG pages for both:

Warehouse800

Samurai S5000VX

Is the TFH F310/3001 tapered? I know it is a "slim" fit, but does anyone know exactly what "slim" is?

nope. its not tapered. "slim fit" just means that the overall cut is slim. so the thigh, leg, etc is a smaller measurement all the way down.

Does anyone have any fit pictures of slim fit jeans (perferably flat head 1001,3001) with chucks? im trying to decide if i should get high or low tops, or if they even look good with slim fit jeans

You are kidding right...you haven't ever seen chucks with slim jeans?

Self Edge site has a couple pics of slim nudies with chucks, and I would guess that basically any Flat Head thread with any pics on here would have at least one picture of someone wearing chucks. High and lows both look good with slim (or not so slim) jeans, and which you should get is totally a matter of personal preference...

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic