SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I wan those 50% Cotton, 50% sugarcane fibers denim... in skinny.... is the new collab gonna be using that?

http://www.hyrcollective.com/daily-blog/2008/04/exclusive-preview-sexsc06/

dont get them tailored... its ruining perfection. why do you need the 50/50? if its slubbiness youre after, there are other brands out there with slim cuts

isnt most of sugarcane's denimz made from cotton/sugarcane? i could be wrong....... im not a sugarcane aficionado......................

i would say half are.

check this out for a full description:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=35968

im looking to purchase some sexsc02's. i want to get a similar fit to my slim kim's that are in a size 28. I was thinking of just going with a 28 in sexsc02's. Is there anything else i should take into account or does anybody else suggest otherwise?

measurementcompare.jpg[/img]

anyone ever cop some of thos persimmon dyed jinz? im dying to see a picture of some worn ones. dont they hover around 500 bucks generally?

thinkin of starting a thread, but i prolly get shot dowwwn cos i dont gots the posts.

I know BiG hems for free if you purchased from there, but does BiG also taper for free?

Yeah, I could email Gordon and ask him, but I feel like I've bothered him enough with my questions. Thanks in advance.

who makes some really light denim like 8 or 10 oz?

Good question.

LVCs 1890 and 1901 jeans have lovely, light 9oz denim, perfect for the summer. (the 1933 are a tiny bit heavier, at arund 10.5, haven't checked, but still feel very light-weight). I've seen nothing else at that weight, other companies repros of that era, like Sugarcane, are more like 14oz, which looks and feels entirely different.

go to the bottom of the email, there should be a link to unsubscribe/deselect all the spam.

yes but that takes me to a site thats in japanese which doesnt really help me even through translation.

ive tried replying to the email saying unsubscribe and even translated it in japanese. its taken away some of the emails, but ill still get some

Does anyone know of any companies making red jeans? I don't know what specific type of dye would be used to allow for good fading, but I can just imagine a lot of depth and different levels of fading, similar to indigo, coming from dark red.

I remember a few years ago seeing a monotone dark-red pair from armani exchange, and I always regretted not getting them (not anymore now that I know about raw denim, since I'm sure a/x's quality is crap), but I just think it's a pity there doesn't seem to be anythig like that.

^Actually, you have to check on your state. Washington, for example, will be charging sales tax soon for online sales even if ordering from another state.

http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=latestnews&id=2066

thank you for the update, i would have never even known about this and i live in washington. this bitch governor of ours has been quite a tyrant when it comes to signing bills into law that go against the popular vote (just look at our gas prices, thanks to a tax that was voted down by the public....).

damn i better stop before a go an a long rant as this has me pretty hot, i cant even remember the questions a was going to ask.

Does anyone know of any companies making red jeans? I don't know what specific type of dye would be used to allow for good fading, but I can just imagine a lot of depth and different levels of fading, similar to indigo, coming from dark red.

I remember a few years ago seeing a monotone dark-red pair from armani exchange, and I always regretted not getting them (not anymore now that I know about raw denim, since I'm sure a/x's quality is crap), but I just think it's a pity there doesn't seem to be anythig like that.

i think not getting them was the right move

iirc cheap monday and april 77 do red jawnz; julian red does/did a ladies' pair

and i get the feeling they wouldn't fade the way a well-dyed indigo pair would (color aside)

you could always try making your own pair using white 501s and dye or something

i think not getting them was the right move

iirc cheap monday and april 77 do red jawnz; julian red does/did a ladies' pair

and i get the feeling they wouldn't fade the way a well-dyed indigo pair would (color aside)

you could always try making your own pair using white 501s and dye or something

Agreed that on the A|X was a good move. I think the main reason why red isn't used a primary dye for denim is because it would fade to pink...and the red/pink combo comes across as a bit "valentine's day". :eek:

So I just got my APC ncs in size 31. They are snug in the waist, uncomfortably so, but i can button them all the way up, and they seem to have a perfect fit now. Should I wait send them back and size down to a 30 because of the inevitable stretch, or should I stick with them. Help!

depends - if you want a nice slimmish regular fit, with just a little bit of slack, you're probably good

if you want a ridiculous sufu fit, you might want to look into a 30, or new cures

since you already have the 31s, i'd stick with them, but that's just me; it's up to you

depends - if you want a nice slimmish regular fit, with just a little bit of slack, you're probably good

if you want a ridiculous sufu fit, you might want to look into a 30, or new cures

since you already have the 31s, i'd stick with them, but that's just me; it's up to you

Thank you for the help. Would the waist on a 30 stretch enough to not be uncomfortable though... oh, and they are new cures. It will be so hard to let go of a pair that already fit so well.

oh, my bad - i misread that

in that case, forget what i said

i think you're fine

again, the ultimate decision is yours, but no, new cures that you're just barely able to button out of the box will not stretch to wack proportions

Thank you! The new cures are ok then.. ahhaah I mean I can get them buttoned fine, but they are tight, like...overly snug around the waist.

p.s. thank you for all your help

Does .25 make a big difference in the thighs? And instead of messing with all that NS sizing crap couldn't I just get new cures true to size?

New Standard 28 sizing. These would stretch out to 30.

10.25 10.75 7.75 7.25

New Cure Size 30. Prob stretch to 31 but I don't mind.

9.75 11 8 7.5

Isn't the new cure basically just what the NS would stretch to?

im probably opening pandoras box here, but this time last year everyone was waiting for the pre-orders of the sufu660 jean and this year i havent heard anything about a contest. is there anything in the works?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic