Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Do I correctly recall you're also getting in a gima cotton shirt in from Stevenson? If so am intrigued...

We got the hoodies in two colors which you saw at the SENY part a week ago and we're getting sailor stripe tees June 1st in white/blue and white/red.

Roy Buck-Tite Slim Tapered Jeans

After years of producing jeans Roy has now made his first slim tapered cut. 

Roy has taken it upon himself to rework the details in his standard 5-pocket jean model.  Nearly every aspect of the jean has been tweaked similar to the SF01 jean which was released earlier this year.

The belt loops are now thinner and made on a 1920's Union Special belt loop making machine, the leather patch design is different and on a smaller patch, and even the front pocket openings are shaped differently.  We personally love the bump on the rear pocket welts which resemble the exaggerated bump on the belt loops from many Japanese brands.

Roy is calling this the "Buck-Tite", it is a true slim tapered jean.

This long overdue set of jeans is made up of a custom fabric from Cone Mills made exactly to Roy's specs. This is the first time in over three decades that Cone has produced a loomstate unsanforized fabric for anybody.

The denim is a loomstate unsanforized indigo denim that clocks in at 14.5oz per square yard in it's raw state. The denim is made of American cotton and is 100% pure indigo dyed in the darkest shade Cone produces.

Technically, the construction of the denim.. the warp has multiple sized (engineered) slub yarns and the weft has large rough spun (non-engineered) yarn. It weighs 14.5 in loomstate and approximately 16.25oz after a hot water soak.

The fabric hand is smooth and tight.  Roy had Cone pack as many picks per inch (46 in 6.4 gauge yarn) as could be done without the loom blowing out and therefore achieved the tight weave he was after. There is a sound to the denim, after its been worn a few weeks - when you rustle it, that's somewhere between suede and oil cloth. This is tough fabric.

The look is streaky and it appears grey-ish at first. After rinsing and a few weeks of wear, it starts to change character as the white hairs formed by the fill yarns wear off leaving the streakiness to mellow and the shade to become a more rich, classic indigo.

Jeans from Roy don't come often and we can't keep them in stock as long as we'd like, so if you've been waiting for a pair, now is the time.

Check the product pages in our online store for more photos, measurements, and far far more specifications than you can possibly need for a pair of jeans.

The Roy Buck-Tite Jean will be available at all Self Edge stores at noon (local time) on Saturday May 11 and in our online store at 11am (PDT) the same day.

ROY_BT_01.jpg

ROY_BT_03.jpg

ROY_BT_04.jpg

ROY_BT_05.jpg

ROY_BT_06.jpg

ROY_BT_07.jpg

ROY_BT_08.jpg

Gad damn those measurements are perfect for me. I might have to pick up a pair to hang up until the end of the HWDC (or more realistically to cheat on my MBBs a bit with), because I do not want to miss out on these.

Looks like they sold out online already. That's was quick

Looks like they sold out online already. That's was quick

They haven't sold out yet, they go on sale Saturday morning.

Sweet! I know what I'm buying Saturday morning.  If I want these to end up at a 33.5" inseam what should I get them hemmed at?

36.5"

Same tag size in Buck-Tite as SF01 in order to achieve intended fit?

Yes, definitely.

Hi my true size is 32" at the waist which seems to be between the 30 and 31, which would you recommended are the buck-tite likely to stretch (1) or shrink (1.75) more then which you posted, sorry to be annoying my last pair of raw denim (my first) i bought too big :(

thanks!

Hi my true size is 32" at the waist which seems to be between the 30 and 31, which would you recommended are the buck-tite likely to stretch (1) or shrink (1.75) more then which you posted, sorry to be annoying my last pair of raw denim (my first) i bought too big :(

thanks!

I would go for the 32, these are quite slim and they run true to size after a hot soak.

Hey kiya, I noticed that on the thigh measurement for the size 30 ST-100x is 10.7in and for the size 31 its 10.6in, are these measurements switched?

We recently remeasured the new run and these numbers got switched, it is fixed now.

Kiya, with regards to the Buck Tite, you mention it is a tight (or Tite?) weave. SG2109 / SExIH07BK tight weave?

Its hard to break down how tight a weave when comparing different types of fabrics.  I'd say its on par with the 2109 fabric in terms of how how tight the warp and weft and woven with each other.

How did the model size for the bucks?

He went true to size, he's wearing a 30 (raw).

kiya, any leads on a good repair for elbow tears?

8737145786_69ce050a54_z.jpg

My FH Houndstooth tore after 6 years of continuous wear...Honestly one of the most durable shirts I've ever owned, I want to wear it for life!

Damn, good work!

Take that into any decent tailor, they'll be able to fix it by just sewing it shut and going over the area pretty easily.

Hey Kiya,

just wondering when you guys are getting in some of the IH overdyed again, if ever... Dam beautiful pair of jeans if you ask me. Also, by any chance do you have any pics of the Black fade to grey IH's faded? those also seem awesome, i just can't think of what they would look liek faded.

Hey Kiya,

just wondering when you guys are getting in some of the IH overdyed again, if ever... Dam beautiful pair of jeans if you ask me. Also, by any chance do you have any pics of the Black fade to grey IH's faded? those also seem awesome, i just can't think of what they would look liek faded.

No new IH OD jeans on the horizon.  

I'll try and dig up some photos of faded SBG denim jeans, they look very good and not over the top considering they go from black to near white.

Thats so good, just emailed it to the couple that own the brand.