Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Do you guys happen to have any Kawatako brass key hooks in stock?

Nope, not till October when the new run is done.

I may just try to order one from Rakuten. Looks great BTW.

P.S. Have you ever had any issues with the hook falling off? I've never used a key hook that didn't somehow close at the end. That's my only concern.

Edited by sbasinger

Gnomes is correct, I basically always have it on my belt but I was in a hurry today so that had to do.  For the longest time I hooked it on my belt loop and it was falling off a decent amount of the time until I realized I was a dolt and using it wrong... with it on a thicker belt at least, you can bend it to make it fit like a glove.  It won't fall off.

We have another brass key hook coming in soon, it'll hit the online store June 5th.

Kiya, from the Loopwheeled T-shirts thread, it sounds like the FH THC t-shirts aren't loopwheeled (http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/105995-loopwheeledvintage-t-shirts/page-13), but they are listed as loopwheeled on the Self-Edge website (http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=880).  Are they incorrect in the thread, or is this an over-sight on the website?

Kiya, from the Loopwheeled T-shirts thread, it sounds like the FH THC t-shirts aren't loopwheeled (http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/105995-loopwheeledvintage-t-shirts/page-13), but they are listed as loopwheeled on the Self-Edge website (http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=880).  Are they incorrect in the thread, or is this an over-sight on the website?

Flat Head stopped making those as loopwheeled fabric to be able to meet demand recently, hence why the new Self Edge x Benders tee is stated as being heavyweight tubular knit.  I can barely tell the difference so far, the non-THC series are still loopwheeled but lighter in weight slightly.

Hi Kiya,

I've been having kind of a surreal experience at SESF, and I wanted to get your feedback. I brought a pair of jeans to SESF on April 29th for hemming. They were returned to me as quickly as always, but they were almost comically mis-hemmed (basically, just the very bottom was snipped off, and I had asked for about 4.5" off) . Naturally, your people immediately and graciously took them back to be corrected, but I somehow find myself still waiting for them to be completed! I've been promised at least four times that they will be done "tomorrow." While philosophically I agree that tomorrow never really comes, I was hoping an exception might be made with my jeans. Any ideas about where in the indigo vortex they might be hiding (well, okay, they're persimmon-dyed, so maybe that's the answer right there) would be appreciated. I've never had anything but OUTSTANDING customer service from SESF, so I'm left scratching my head about this one.

Thanks!

Hi Kiya,

I've been having kind of a surreal experience at SESF, and I wanted to get your feedback. I brought a pair of jeans to SESF on April 29th for hemming. They were returned to me as quickly as always, but they were almost comically mis-hemmed (basically, just the very bottom was snipped off, and I had asked for about 4.5" off) . Naturally, your people immediately and graciously took them back to be corrected, but I somehow find myself still waiting for them to be completed! I've been promised at least four times that they will be done "tomorrow." While philosophically I agree that tomorrow never really comes, I was hoping an exception might be made with my jeans. Any ideas about where in the indigo vortex they might be hiding (well, okay, they're persimmon-dyed, so maybe that's the answer right there) would be appreciated. I've never had anything but OUTSTANDING customer service from SESF, so I'm left scratching my head about this one.

Thanks!

Sorry about this, please email me at kiya @ selfedge.com and i'll get you an answer within 24 hours.  I don't know your name or invoice number and therefore know nothing about how this all went down.

Edited by kiya

Kiya,

Are those Stevenson chinos in the khaki colorway going to restock any time soon?

Restock is coming to the online store/SESF on June 5th at the latest or you can phone order a pair from SELA now during business hours.

@kiya,

any idea when a restock of IH or SG jeans will happen?

really looking into a pair of 666's or any of the SG products...

thanks

The 666 is only made twice a year, next run is in the fall.  But both SELA and SENY have great stock of both that jean and all Strike Gold jeans if you'd like to place a phone or email order with us.

Self Edge x Iron Heart Zippo Lighters, 12oz SBG Denim Shirts, and Full Restocks

We've done a special run of Self Edge x Iron Heart 1941 Reproduction Zippo lighters.  These lighters come with a brass body that has Zippo's "Black Ice" treatment, with a period correct four-barrel hinge, and original 1941 designed box.  These lighters are available now at all Self Edge stores, our online store, and all Iron Heart flagship stores in Japan.

Next up we have a shirt that we knew would be a future staple in Iron Heart's line-up.  This is a 12oz black/black SBG (Super Black Fade-To-Gray) denim snap button shirt, it is lighter in weight than its past versions making it far more wearable and ages like past SBG denim styles. 

Along with these new items we've gotten full restocks of all Iron Heart jeans (including the 301s), jackets, vests, belts, wallets, and bracelets.  Everything is available now at all Self Edge stores and online in our online store. 

SE_ZIPPO_01.jpg

SE_ZIPPO_04.jpg

SE_ZIPPO_02.jpg

SE_ZIPPO_05.jpg

IHSH-80_01.jpg

IHSH-80_03.jpg

IHSH-80_05.jpg

They still do them, but mostly do snap shirts because thats what sells far better for the brand. They're all about functionality and a snap shirt that heavy can be worn as an overshirt and very quickly taken off because of the snaps (at least thats the idea).

Hey Kiya,

What's the latest info on your Ai dyed, hand loomed collab with Dry Bones? And, is the denim Sanforized?

Denim is unsanforized and the release date is July 6th.

Kiya,

Any chance of a restock in the FH Glory Park indigo linen shirt?  I'm constantly checking the website hoping there's a 38 available

Nope, there are never restocks of FH shirts, they're all cut to order at the beginning of the season.  

We're getting a long sleeve version on September 1st.