Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Better off with the light-weight offerings from Strike Gold?

I personally think SG's 14.5oz denim breathes very well, especially for how abrasive it feels when raw. 

Just curious if there's going to be a SG 3109 restock anytime in the near future?

Thinking about picking up a pair, the gray weft looks awesome.

Restock of those is coming June 10th.

Flat Head & Real Japan Blues Shirts and 105BSP Jean

We've just received a few new shirts from Flat Head and Real Japan Blues, a restock of the popular 105BSP jean from RJB, and a slew of other items from both brands.

First up we've received an amazing rayon shirt from Flat Head from their Black Mint collection.  Nobody gets rayon feeling like Flat Head does, its soft and light and breaks in to become almost like a super soft cotton shirt.

Next up we have one of their triple-stitched collar heavyweight t-shirts in a design we've been asking them to make for years.  Its a basic Flat Head logo and motto tee done in navy and black.

We also have this year's version of the RJB Diamond Ombre shirt, the pattern is deep and the fabric is soft and light.  These go quick every year for a good reason.

The 105BSP from RJB has been out of stock for over a year now, we had RJB do a new run for us with the same denim from our SEXFHXRJB15 jean.  Its a 14oz denim in a straight leg fit with lined back pockets and denim felled front pocket bag openings.  A great jean all around.

We've also received full restocks of the F310, SE05BSP, 3009, 3005 (at SELA), women's Balder jean, key-hooks, key-rings, wallets, bracelets, and sneakers.  Check the online store for more info, photos, and spec lists.

Shop Flat Head Online

Shop Real Japan Blues Online

FH_atomicBLK_01.jpg
FH_atomicBLK_04.jpg
FH_trademarkTEE_01.jpg
FH_trademarkTEE_04.jpg
RJB_diamondBLK_01.jpg
RJB_diamondBLK_04.jpg
rjb_105_01.jpg
rjb_105_01_02.jpg
rjb_105_01_03.jpg
rjb_105_01_05.jpg

Flat Head or Strike Gold, i have yet to find a better fitting and better made t-shirt.

I've got to cosign this. The flat head t's whether brand new or 5+ years old are the kind of thing that make your day whenever you put them on. Undershirt or solo tshirt, graphic or plain, they start out as the best t you've ever had and only get better. One of the reasons it would be real easy for me to wear Flat Head only if I was so inclined.

Any chance there is a Black XL IHSW-10 hidden away in any of the stores? I see its sold out online but sometimes the stores have a few hidden gems...

Yup, we have one left at SELA if you'd like to place a phone order for it.  Our number there is 323-933-9000

Kiya, are those strike gold blank t's going to be restocked anytime soon? 

We'll have more of those when the new run is done in August.

Kiya,

Does SELA offer discounts to California State employees or just military discounts?

No offense to California State employees, but we only offer military discounts.

Our military discount across our three stores is 15% off anything except printed media and repairs/hems.

Kiya, did you guys pick up the Stevenson Hilt Chinos? If so, when are they going to be up on the interwebs?

Those are available now at all the stores, they're going online on Monday. 

They've sold far faster than we expected, we may be out of some sizes at some stores but we should be getting a restock soon.

Kiya, any chance you'll do another run of the 106bsp? (My bad if this has been mentioned already.)

Yup, but they won't be ready till the late fall.

Yup, we have one left at SELA if you'd like to place a phone order for it.  Our number there is 323-933-9000

Kiya, thanks again for looking, but it turns out SELA only had a Navy one in XL, not the black. I'll keep my eyes peeled for when these drop again in the fall.

Stevenson Spring & Summer Collection of Chinos, Gima Hoodies, and Jackets

We're happy to announce that the most anticipated collection of the year has just arrived.  This is the first half of the delivery with the second half coming in about four weeks.  There will be no restocks from these collections as everything Stevenson produces is cut to order.  This delivery consists of chinos in two colors, gima yarn hoodies in two colors, and a tencel cloth MA-1 jacket.

It only took us seven years to start carrying chinos, but it was worth the wait.  These Stevenson chinos are spot on in every area.  Taking inspirations from both military and dress chinos with vintage elements such as rear slit pockets and a coin pocket that is aligned directly below the waistband.  These are rinsed and come in a slim tapered fit and come in khaki or navy.

This is real chino cloth, as most chinos today are merely made of a flat cotton fabric, these have a bit of chatter within the fabric and feel and look like real vintage chino cloth.

Next up we have Stevenson's take on the classic MA-1 jacket but made in a combination of high density cotton twill and tencel cloth.  These are super tightly woven fabrics that stay cool and have great wind resistance.  The jacket comes complete with the classic MA-1 arm pocket, two snap buttoned hand pockets, a dual-clip zipper, and a slim fit.

Gima yarn fabric is one if the wildest Japanese textiles we've come across.  Gima yarn is cotton which has had all of the moisture pulled out of it during the spinning process.  This results in a yarn which stays very dry even in humid weathers, wicks moisture away from the body, and does not retain heat.  This is a great example of early tech fabric.  You can say that this is the only hoodie that actually keeps you cool.  The yarn is then dyed in a mixture of indigo and/or sulfur to create an indigo or black color which then is mixed with sand colored gima yarns to create the specks of light you see through the indigo/black.   This is a standout garment, the combination of color and type of yarn used to create such a simple piece is very impressive.

All these Stevenson items are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store.  Check the online store for high-res photos, spec lists, and measurements.

Shop Stevenson Overall Co. Online

STEVENSON+_TAN_01.jpg

STEVENSON+_TAN_03.jpg

STEVENSON+_TAN_04.jpg

STEVENSON+_TAN_05.jpg

STEVENSON+_NAVY_01.jpg

STEVENSON+_NAVY_03.jpg

STEVENSON+_NAVY_04.jpg

STEVENSON_MA1_03.jpg

STEVENSON_MA1_07.jpg

STEVENSON_MA1_11.jpg

Solid delivery from Stevenson.

I didn't see it in the item description but is the fly on the chinos a zipper or button fly?

Button-Fly.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Might cop these soon, been looking for a solid pair of chinos since the RRL ones I bought a few months ago seem to be falling apart.

I guarantee you the Stevenson ones won't be falling apart.

Are the Stevenson Loopwheeled Pocket T-Shirts rinsed? Is there any shrinkage?

Thanks.

They are rinsed and shrink about half a size when washed max.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Might cop these soon, been looking for a solid pair of chinos since the RRL ones I bought a few months ago seem to be falling apart.

If chiino fabric is anything like what they used on the cadet jacket, then I'd highly recommend copping these..buttery soft and durable as hell.

If chiino fabric is anything like what they used on the cadet jacket, then I'd highly recommend copping these..buttery soft and durable as hell.

Once I get them in the mail I'll report back.

Pretty excited for these, I've been looking for a solid pair of chinos for quite some time now.

hey kiya, i got my 3sixteen belt in the mail the other day - thank you. one thing i've noticed though - mine has 7 notches/holes, whilst all the pictures i've seen only have 6. does the M (the one i ordered) have an extra notch, or do i just have an 'anomaly'?