Jump to content
Broark

Bridge of the Times

Recommended Posts

I’ll take the jacket if you don’t want it…

(Jeans are looking great—really excited to see how they wear)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now you're just teasing! 

TBD is shorthand for To Be Done right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really need to sell another jacket or two before I can justify brining in another one. Who am I kidding, probably need to sell more than one or two. :P
I'd like to get some wear into the jeans and see how the denim ages, then I'll likely add the jacket for the full tux look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phew. That's more like it.  Sounds like a how-many-denim-jackets-do-you-have is about due.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we order a pair now? Is he shipping overseas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, srudy said:

Can we order a pair now? Is he shipping overseas?

Not yet I don't think, but I'll keep working on that. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@broark nice score! Looking forward to more pics and thoughts. 

From now on, I'm referring to you as my #1 Bad Influencer! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really looking forward to the post wash measurements! I was ever more intrigued as soon as you said "Shins era Denime":o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

size 38 raw on BOT 47 cut 

raw - 18 1/4 waist , 13 1/4 front rise , 17 1/2 back rise , 13 3/4 thigh , 10 1/2 knee , 9 1/4 hem , 35 inseam

 

 

after a hot wash and dry 

16 1/4  waist , 12 1/2 f rise , 16 1/4 back rise , 13 1/8 thigh , 9 7/8 knee , 8 3/4 hem , 31 7/8 inseam 

 

-- edie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4” shrink in the waist! Happy birthday Charles you whippersnapper :laugh2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the post-wash measurements! Raw first, and hot washed once to the right. They certainly did shrink up significantly.

Waist: 19.5 in. / 17.25 in.
Front rise: 13.5 in. / 13 in.
Back rise: 17.75 in. / 16.75 in.
Thigh: 14.25 in. / 13.5 in.
Knee: 11 in. / 10 in.
Hem: 10 in. / 9.25 in.
Inseam: 35 in. / 31.5 in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2022 at 2:55 PM, Broark said:

Not yet I don't think, but I'll keep working on that. :ph34r:

Cross fingers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excuse the lighting again (been trying to find alternative locations for fit pics but not having much luck)...but I'm happy with the fit!  Paired here with my FW S506XX.
With the shorter inseam I can wear them uncuffed or with a small one.
EhhDjNP.jpg

22 hours ago, Thanks_M8 said:

how is the leg twist?

Not much to report so far, I'll report back after I've worn them for a few more days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look great!

Color me intrigued - I'd love to secure a pair sometime too. I love the 47 repro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2022 at 4:04 AM, Signet said:

size 38 raw on BOT 47 cut 

raw - 18 1/4 waist , 13 1/4 front rise , 17 1/2 back rise , 13 3/4 thigh , 10 1/2 knee , 9 1/4 hem , 35 inseam

 

 

after a hot wash and dry 

16 1/4  waist , 12 1/2 f rise , 16 1/4 back rise , 13 1/8 thigh , 9 7/8 knee , 8 3/4 hem , 31 7/8 inseam 

 

-- edie

Damn that’s crazy shrinkage! I’d need a 38 myself if we ever get a chance to purchase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2022 at 1:35 PM, Broark said:

Excuse the lighting again (been trying to find alternative locations for fit pics but not having much luck)...but I'm happy with the fit!  Paired here with my FW S506XX.
With the shorter inseam I can wear them uncuffed or with a small one.
EhhDjNP.jpg

Not much to report so far, I'll report back after I've worn them for a few more days.

looking good: so, you're organising the 2023 contest then? or a tour at least... [nudge-wink.emoji]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

looking good: so, you're organising the 2023 contest then? or a tour at least... [nudge-wink.emoji]

Let's see if I can convince him to allow international orders, I'll pitch the idea of a contest! No idea how receptive he might be.
He tends to prioritize customers that are visiting his shop in person. But if I can convince him that I'll handle communication on a contest then who knows. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or a BOTTy call?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a month or so of wear, I’d be interested in by how much they stretch back to prewash measurements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn those look good! I’d be very interested in a BOT contest

Theoretically speaking, if you pitched it to him and he seemed open to it, what model would everyone want to wear?

After the TCB contest (and with Signet approaching) I am curious to hear what model everyone would agree on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, scooby said:

Damn those look good! I’d be very interested in a BOT contest

Theoretically speaking, if you pitched it to him and he seemed open to it, what model would everyone want to wear?

After the TCB contest (and with Signet approaching) I am curious to hear what model everyone would agree on

 idt BOT would want a contest now. hes really very private specially  when konaka sent him a lawyers letter and all.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Signet said:

  specially  when konaka sent him a lawyers letter and all.. 

The more i read about this mf'er the more i dislike him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

which one?

@Broark of course :D... Na, damn Konaka-san and his bullying tactics..  i suppose he's sticking to the brand ethos and emulating Levi's..even down to the lawyers

"insert wanker emoji"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now