beautiful_FrEaK

New Contest Suggestion [Poll]

New Contest Suggestions Poll  

103 members have voted

1. 1. What brand do you want see in a contest?

• Roy
    • Tender
    • "Green Contest"
    • Warehouse
    • Denime
    • Pherrows
    • "Osaka 5" Contest
    • Ooe Yofukuten
    • TCB
    • Something else

What's a "green contest"?

Haven't been involved in a contest in a long time but I'd be up for the green contest idea , would give me an excuse to wear my other pair of conners M46 

I could technically hit both green contest and Osaka 5 with a pair of SDA from my stash. Also warehouse, unless the denim will be different than banner. 

I like the green contest because I wouldn’t have to buy anything and money is a little tight at the moment- baby arriving end of February. But I can see the arguments against.

Roy would be my choice otherwise if he’s willing. I’d save up for those!

Warehouse is taking the lead.

They have the 25th anniversary this year so maybe they will release something that could be used as a contest pair. A shop is probably needed to make sure enough pairs are ordered. 

25 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Warehouse is taking the lead.

They have the 25th anniversary this year so maybe they will release something that could be used as a contest pair. A shop is probably needed to make sure enough pairs are ordered. 

wouldn't the inseam length on them be a problem for some of us?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, dau said:

wouldn't the inseam length on them be a problem for some of us?

If this does turn out to be a warehouse contest, would anyone sign on for a “bring your own pair” type scenario? I know some of you would rather see the new denim in action, but I’ve got a pair of 1105 that are dying to see some use and perhaps others may have some pairs of XX etc. 

Obviously if some folks wanted to try out the new model/denim, that would fly as well!

Edited by SuperJackle

The DD-1101 (1967 model) looks interesting! 

Pherrows 466?

It still looks to me like there is enough variation to warrant a “Green Contest”. Giving the contest over to a single brand which leads the top 3 by a percentage point or two leaves 48% of the field not represented. If each contestant gets  to choose his own pair of jeans, we are all more likely to wear them producing more interesting evo. Just looking at recent contests, more variation,  less standardization is a good thing.

The forgotten 48% - sounds familiar to those of us in the UK!

If any of you wants a warehouse contest  we can do it

Or

heck

a

real mccoy denim

contest????

it seems neck and neck Roy and Warehouse - IF Roy was willing to do this it would be more interesting (to me) to have a contest jean designed by him and also a real excuse to fork out money saved up for a pair of his craftsmanship. More unique. That being said Warehouse is a fantastic company - their latest 1967 seems ready to go for this project. Just more unique I can see it...being a Roy. Budget doubles of course. Peace and Godt Nytår (Danish for happy new year). 

11 minutes ago, thedapperdane said:

it seems neck and neck Roy and Warehouse - IF Roy was willing to do this it would be more interesting (to me) to have a contest jean designed by him and also a real excuse to fork out money saved up for a pair of his craftsmanship. More unique. That being said Warehouse is a fantastic company - their latest 1967 seems ready to go for this project. Just more unique I can see it...being a Roy. Budget doubles of course. Peace and Godt Nytår (Danish for happy new year). 

Completely agree with that. With all the great possible choices the option with Roy is good because a) it's Roy b) it would be done for us, so real unique contest pair

and budget issue.. $$200-400 in 2 years perspective of contest is not that much of a difference. just wear this one pair and don't buy more ;)

If we were to do a ROY contest or green contest I could use my still practically new ROY test lots

Let me know ill

fix up the wh contest 

Resolute

contest also possible let me know 

With the current results it would either need a willing retailer (Ed?) to contact Warehouse or Ooe (Standard&Strange) or Roy himself to come up with something. Those 3 options are likely to gather the most interest and probably the required minimum orders.

I'll touch base with Roy soon and see where things stand.

All of the three solutions mentioned by BF would make me happy. As it turns out I need a contest to really commit to a pair, otherwise I just keep rotating jeans and keep wearing some pairs that should be retired for posterity!

Posted (edited)

And I'll check with the Gbg mfg boys about Warehouse again.

Edit: Email sent a few days ago. Waiting for the reply!

Edited by Bobbo

On 1/7/2020 at 6:10 PM, bartlebyyphonics said:

Sounds good. I know lots has been spoken of in terms of banner denim for wh: I would really support trying out the new denim for the dd-1003xx 1946 model if it comes back... 

https://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=137031000

this would be a stunner

Quietly decided to be a team player and support either WH and Roy although I'm biased towards the latter. (seriously doubt OOE can handle a contest jean - they're two people making a run of back packs and cosack jackets and just did a large order for S&S) . Hopefully, this works out. Should be good fun. 

^ But Roy, a one man operation could make enough jeans for a competition (he has in the past so a mute example)?

Cant fathom the logic here? 

*chant*

warehouse

warehouse

warehouse

(i actually just managed to buy a pair of the 1946 denim so i’m looking forward to getting those in the mail... new denim, banner denim, or even the 12oz “2nd-hand” denim that has only been used in one-wash state a few times would all be great)