volvo240thebest

Happy Jeans - Tcb 20s contest thread

HAhahahahhahahahahahaha

i need to bail out on this contest. 

good luck and all the best to those who are participating. 

i will get a regular pair in the foreseeable future though.  

Tomorrow we should have all back rise measurements. Inoue needs to wash a new batch of OW 20s and will take back rise measurements for all the sizes.

strongly considering but i never wear my old blue co jeans with near identical measurements but slightly too wide waist not sure if worth it.

Volvo, can you please update my info? I'll go with a raw pair of 33's with an inseam that ends up at 80 cm post wash.

done, my [Vi]King :D

you have a second chance to post at least one fucking picture of a vintage Volvo in Goteborg for 18months. You didn't succeed in the TCB50s contest, I guess you can make it this time. Come on a wee bit of swedish steel scouting for uncle Volvo....

of all the tcb unsanforized denims the 20s is certainly the stretchy-est. Although I have handled it only as a jacket so I don't really have a more precise idea of how much it will actually stretch as a jean. I can ask though, send me a pm with exactly what you want to know and I'll ask Inoue.

There's a nice lemon yellow Volvo 240 that's sometimes parked down the road from me here in Sydney—I keep forgetting to grab a pic

3 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

done, my [Vi]King :D

you have a second chance to post at least one fucking picture of a vintage Volvo in Goteborg for 18months. You didn't succeed in the TCB50s contest, I guess you can make it this time. Come on a wee bit of swedish steel scouting for uncle Volvo....

Haha! There's too many arcs in Goteborg that steal my attention. (But I do have a special plan for this contest.) 

27 minutes ago, mondo said:

There's a nice lemon yellow Volvo 240 that's sometimes parked down the road from me here in Sydney—I keep forgetting to grab a pic

tasty colour indeed, that might be what Volvo called "cumberland yellow" available only til early 80s, one of my favourite colours and ultra rare around here.... either that or the "soft yellow" produced from 1981 onwards til 1986 hahaha, less rare but truly beautiful nonetheless.

2 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

Haha! There's too many arcs in Goteborg that steal my attention. (But I do have a special plan for this contest.) 

Pic of arcs deliciously adorned by a female Swedish butt with a pre 1980's yellow volvo in the background and you win

A slight tangent from the preceding comments: but I've gotta say that this funky little back pocket stitch that Inoue has reproduced is among my favorite details. 

20161228-DSC_2818.jpg20161228-DSC_2817.jpg

{On a Swedish automobiling note: my silver 1983 Saab 900s (the "Slaab") came runner-up to my friend's '84 Volvo 240DL for "ugliest car" in our high school class yearbook back in 1997--a proud moment for sure}.

Back rise measurements for the TCB '20s jean for y'all still deciding your size. These are the measurements after a wash. I'll post this in the TCB topic as well for those that don't check this one.

Screenshot_20170607-194530.thumb.png.67792fac8ada9149c76ba10481e53074.png

Great job

Ivə received them too earlier this morning but I'm on the road I was about to post them later tonight

I've always wanted my jeans to have a fly in the back :P

Edited by mrman

upèdated size chart, added here and in the OP

NkSRsRM.jpg

I'll join in, not really for the contest but because no arcs is what has been keeping me from getting a pair of TCB - I'm vain like that ;) I also don't have a wider "regular" pair right now, and I need a new comfy one.

I'll go with W30, no suspender buttons please, 82cm inseam when fully shrunk (this should give enough length to do a big double cuff, a look I like best with wider jeans).

I'm curious what kind of "arcs" Inoue will create 

1 hour ago, nycsurfer530 said:

I'm curious what kind of "arcs" Inoue will create 

Hopefully, he'll look to adopt the slight asymmetry and higher pitch (?) of the originals he's working with.

Edited by MileHighEvertonian

Knowing his attention for exact replication I'm looking forward to asymmetric high pitch arcs!

Just wanted to drop in to say great work, Volvo, what a lovely pair of pants! Best of luck to all of you with the contest, wish I could be with you but funds tight in the T household. Brexit problems! PT xx

Sooooooo....

How much stretch is there in the waist? Think I'm between a 32/33 as I've miraculously gained weight, although I don't see it sitting anywhere :D

Funds are real tight, but I am thinking of the 20s for a long time now! 

Hey Constantin i expect the 20s denim to have some stretch but I wouldn't suggest to size down. As with all other tcb jeans these will shrink a bit under tts and then stretch to tts, to not mention that the inner part of the outer suspender buttons will torture your hips if you wear the jeans tight! It would be a shame if you get the jeans without the suspenders buttons cause I think you have the stature to rock the braces look well!

Here's another bit of Google translate farce regarding the stretch factor of the 20s denim. I can't figure out what Inoue means with this. If someone could translate please let me know!

tmp_13333-Screenshot_20170609-202807_1291753326.jpg

Try giving him a call volvo we just spoke on the tellt 2 days ago was a good 20 minutes hes getting better! English tutor!