Flash

Conners Sewing Factory

I can see now how lucky I am that Mr. Konaka refused to accept my overseas order for his jeans not so long ago. I don't know if I'd be able to live with the discrepancy now - I can't not wear them and my conscience won't let me. What a bummer.

4 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Shush! selling one's own belongings can trigger legal action

Wonder if tough guy Konaka has got a legal restraint order out to Grailed and eBay yet :dry:

7 hours ago, scooby said:

Don’t know what nasty substance turned my sleeves green

Envy? ...did you wear it with Warehouse jeans :D

9 hours ago, scooby said:

I think the best course of action for those who are on the fence about wearing their CSF gear these days is to just beat the fuck out it

Wore my S406XXX to work a couple days this week

I will boost the morale here by sending this jacket to hell

Should be said of all denim really, but that’s the perfect antidote to the politics that’s unfortunately connected to this brand now

You could also wear them commando and soil them front and back, just to spite their creator!

@scooby but Scoobs did you buy yours before or after he turned rogue? 

I'm sticking with the conjecture my jacket was from before he turned.  I can still listen to The Smiths back catalog for the same reason. Not so much with other artists :unsure:

Mavis on the till at Tesco supermarket cannot tut at me for that surely! 

3 hours ago, unders said:

Then resell them!

How about someone organize a CSF Tour in which a pair of S409xx is repeatedly sold for $10 via Grailed among a group of SuFu members? Screenshots of the sales are then forwarded to Konaka. Could be fun for those primarily motivated by spite.

image.png.bea49517bd2e6265c040d723bd0859b0.png

8 hours ago, MJF9 said:

I'm sticking with the conjecture my jacket was from before he turned.  I can still listen to The Smiths back catalog for the same reason. Not so much with other artists :unsure:

heaven knows im miserable now when our friends become successful 

Saw this recently posted video of Kaoru, who makes the M-54 model and probably some other stuff too as the “2nd generation”. Shot in real time for the most part, looks like it takes about an hour per pair, not including cutting the fabric. Same user also has a few other videos of CSF jeans.

Just won an auction for a MIURA-46 (the jacket). Looking forward to digging into some CSF. 

Posted (edited)

Forget it. Changed my mind :laugh:

Edited by Dr_Heech

Posted (edited)

Hate to be a double poster but this jacket is taking a beating

RIP to the best button

AED4046C-54B8-450C-B2F1-684A2F536A7A.thumb.jpeg.6336ea6fdadac023f7b84ab780c63866.jpeg

Edited by scooby
Spelling error

Fkn killer work brother! 

Haven't worn this pair in ages. They always felt loose to me but I definitely got used to more roomy cuts and these doesn't feel as big anymore. Still a size 38 though :D

1947 "honeymoon" model

20220919_073913.thumb.jpg.8e54deda12ca6f63a2b6d260408d89fa.jpg20220919_073933.thumb.jpg.89f735fb8f291d1405915477198fc51b.jpg20220919_073955.thumb.jpg.baeb11787cad37fef76dbefc01788eac.jpg

@beautiful_FrEaK l know they are your honeymoon model, but what model cut are they closest to, the Santa Cruz or the San Francisco? Or the other one?

(Tbh l've never noticed any real difference in cuts, they all seem WW2ish/San Francisco, but one model had a slimmer silhouette iirc?)

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

@Dr_Heech these are his 47 cut. Not sure how much it differs to his WW2 models though :D

Cheers, l couldn't remember. 

What l do remember is those other sz 36 47's which l briefly had off of you were much slimmer in the hips. 

Nobody knows (or even cares?) about the actual difference in cut other than the vague blurb they put out in their catalogue. My 1944's and my 1941's  (both tag sized 38) are identical in fit and cut, just one pair seems mis-sized.

Could be that the 47 are trimmer in the thighs. That's probably why I aren't swimming in them like I did in those #24 you bought from me.

I think his San Jose WW2 are the slimmest though? At least to his HP but yeah, I also doubt it differs much 

Would Levi’s have changed the original cut much over 5 years or so? I don’t know but I think probably not.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Perhaps you could also reasonably assume that Yoshiaki wasn’t a master pattern maker?

7 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Perhaps you could also reasonably assume that Yoshiaki wasn’t a master pattern maker?

Came to that conclusion awhile back :)