2. 2. Patch?

• RJB Black Deerskin
    • Flat Head Natural Goatskin
  3. 3. Buttons?

4. 4. Rivets? (both are copper)

5. 5. Pocketbags?

• Herringbone or RJB fabric
    • Stock RJB pocketbags

hey guys, I didn't realize that the poll is for people who have already committed, I will delete my vote then because I am still on the fence. I really like my RJB D102 LTD jeans but I am not totally sure where this is going.

Some of the info sounds great and some of it, honestly, disappoints me. I think, the biggest concern, for me, is going to be the fit since I have big thighs.

dude, it's just going in the direction that I quoted. LHT cut between 05/09 nice details no gimmicks.

clt3 I see his point since as I've mentioned many times it doesnt really matter how big the thighs are if the taper is significant imo the cut can feel constrictive. For something purely like the 3005 I would say no one would really need to worry, especially if sizing up is in the cards. Since the jeans look best washed a lot anyway there wouldn't really be an issue..

On the other hand, like brown metallic said, I would think that because it's LHT and zimbabwe the jeans could be pretty darn comfortable and easier to stretch in the thighs than say the pioneer denim, or even then normal 'babwe denim.

Edited by itsbenhere

The post-wash measurements on the thighs of my FH350 (3005 cut) were fine in isolation and in the range I need (12.5-13") for a size 32. The main issue was the low rise (10.5-11"), which meant I couldn't sag them a little and causes the thighs to feel tighter. The thighs on my SDAs, Ande Whalls, Warehouse, LVC are all similar but they have at least 0.5" (SDA) and for the others at least 1" extra rise, which stops them from being tight.

Still IN__ pending price & [actual] sample measurements.

As you all know, denim battles are won & lost in centimeters ... How RJB is able to distill & incorporate the collab [suggested] parameters, will determine its success or fail ;)

Edited by BrownMetallic

Still in.

I guess Ed is tacking a risk...or he'll add another 40-50 pairs to his personal collection - you know, for the bad times.

Edited by Foxy2

We got I think 2 months Ed said to finalize the stuff, so hopefully more will join by then. If not, not sure if we will be able to do it, but we can pray... these will be a sick pair of jeans if they come to fruition!

Also, guys are you ok with no offset beltloop? Quick search shows they're used because old machines could not handle sewing through that many layers of denim, and while it is a cool detail, I have never seen a pair of either Flat Head or RJB jeans with it so personally I'd like to keep the belt loop straight.

If these were Warehouse WWII model or something of course I'd go for the deets, but like I've said before, imo these are RJB/Flat head jeans and it would be nice to mix and match details that are characteristic of the brands and make sense..

either way, will add a few more polls! Please vote if as of now you are in!

Also sorry guys it looks like you have to delete your previous vote in order to vote on the new questions I added! Maybe hold off until we figure out all the questions. Can you guys think of any more? Keep in mind its possible that they might not be possible, but I am keeping the options to things I think should be do-able

Let's not poll too much stuff__ front pocket reinforcement is a must, especially on a more pliant/stretchy Zim LHT. As for pocket bags, let's just go w/ Ed on this one, for now ... it's the least of a concern right now, I think.

Meanwhile, Ed/RJB should furnish/post a RAW swatch of the [actual] LHT that'll be used for the collab__ as well as some [worn in] jeans as samples to show how the LHT evos. The visual aid might help drum up interest & sway some undecided peeps.

After all is said & done ... & this collab project pushes forward to the next stage, RJB should do a prototype samples [raw & washed] of the NEW cut, for everyone's perusal. I know some peeps would argue, that it's just a slight tweak so there's no need for it ... a smidgen added &/or subtracted here & there can make a big impact on a design.

"The proof of the pudding is in the eating ... "__ A tangible prototype gives a powerful persuasion ... & the thing is, if the new cut [w/c RJB does not have in its arsenal] becomes a success, they stand to gain a new model, IMO ... But, I'm getting waaaay ahead of myself on that, I know :)

Still IN__ pending price & [actual] sample measurements.

As you all know, denim battles are won & lost in centimeters ... How RJB is able to distill & incorporate the collab [suggested] parameters, will determine its success or fail ;)

Edited by BrownMetallic

Okay guys bear with me, hard to get good pictures with my phone for 1, and 2 it's twilight outside.

This isn't all relevant because this was the rht denim which is apparently no longer used. I can only hope the LHT will come close.

This is when I first got the 105bsp. This was my first unsanforized pair, and man I was spoiled to have something with this texture and hairiness right outta the gate. 

tumblr_nuho2pkQ3Q1rhdoe2o1_540.jpg

This next is the back pocket/ patch. I was only able to get a solid ~ 6 months on and off light use outta these things. They never fit me quite right. Proper fit always wins...

These are a bit less gray color in real life, so bear that in mind.

tumblr_nuho5rUmEu1rhdoe2o1_540.jpg

Patch up closer:

tumblr_nuhojj3Bxc1rhdoe2o1_540.jpg

Some universal and RJB hardware and a shitty attempt at a macro of weft:

tumblr_nuhomcpzSm1rhdoe2o1_540.jpg

Zinc RJB buttons...

tumblr_nuhopgsPyb1rhdoe2o1_540.jpg

One last shot of the denim reinforcement...

tumblr_nuhorljFDY1rhdoe2o1_540.jpg

I love these jeans dearly and I wish they fit. Will never get rid of them though. I hope this helps shed light on real world RJB details.

Sorry for the picture dump!!!

Edited by SuperJackle

Awesome man! I love that vertical fading!!!

Also check it out guys, this should be the LHT denim and imo it looks like it will be incredible. I am actually not the least bit bummed the RHT can't be used, and that says a lot!!!!

H0C235g.jpg

Hopefully you can also appreciate the insanity of the accessories!

Ed just sent me these and got damn! These are insane! D109 LHT worn for a year

D3Yl0aq.jpg

FjGFlXY.jpg

N6pb0kO.jpg

QMtyk8p.jpg

iq2G3dS.jpg

The color appears to be off imo but this should give an idea of what we'll get! If i were up to me I'd probably wash more than this person to get a less inyerface fade but these still look damn good to me