Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

I'm part of the team for an organization and event called The America Cup. It's an international fly fishing competition, but this year TAC is hosting the World Youth Fly Fishing Championships in Vail, CO. Next year will be Men's World's. It's the first time ever that World's have been held in the US. 

There are 10 youth teams competing this year. They are from USA, Spain, Poland, Ireland, France, South Africa, Czech Republic, Slovenia, New Zealand, Canada. 

I am one of the sector judges, being that I am in charge of organizing the competition and volunteers on 1 of 5 venues over three days of competitive fishing. It's not very hard, just organizing people. All of the hard work has been done by the event organizers (a husband and loving wife team, and a handful of core volunteers) over months and even years of work ahead of time. 

Opening ceremonies and dinner were held at Eagle's Nest at the top of one of the gondolas on Vail Mountain. I got to wear a jacket and tie with my IH634-XHS. Left the IHSH-33 at home for the evening. The views are spectacular. 

IH634-XHS_33_2015-08-10_03_zpslsbiufyr.j

IH634-XHS_33_2015-08-10_05_zpsvgn0xfhg.j

20150810_190334_zpsfxihfqqc.jpg

20150810_190452_zpsesi3qrqm.jpg

20150810_190503_zps3e1gkhkv.jpg

20150810_190523_zpsfdyfc1hx.jpg

He already wears them for 2 or 3 years...and treats them like usual jeans (maybe a bit less washing). But he is totally not into raw denim so he doesn't care for fades or the like..and they just look washed out :D

So...maybe I get the chance to take pics when I meet him again next month )

For those of you guys with a good amount of washes, you are getting a good amount of thigh fades (at least blue nemo and max). Are you guys hand washing/rubbing the jeans? I just never get those kinds of thigh fades that fast, and I am wondering if maybe it has to do with your washing method. 

sorry for responding so late, overlooked it!

i don't handwash my jeans, that is way too labour intensive....

i turn them inside out, wash them at 40°C, with no special programm and detergent, 400 rpm spinning, that's it!

by the way:

head over for more sexy pictures of my 66(6)!

here is a paper-patch-burlesque-show....

ilvcaf8u.jpg

there is also a guy in denmark/belgium doing hemjobs and darn-jobs... he gave me his card two weeks ago. i try to remember his place!

statement in munich offers hemming/darning with an old singer machine, i talked to almostnice about that and he his absolutely convinced about their skilsl!

Edited by Blue Nemo

I took a trip to SESF to drop off my pair for a crotch blow out already.

It blew out this early because of it's higher rise, but what sucks even more is that the turn around is looking to be around 4 weeks :(

Skate life♤♡♢♧ Edited by Lukenstein

I just did a handwash and discovered another hole / rip at the knee. Maybe a moth? It sucks, as I wanted to wear this pair to work and it should look decent. Any hintson how to fix it in a subtle way?

I0ynkjR.jpgo48e8qK.jpg9ZK0rZj.jpg

Try Melvin from Mr. Handy Denim Repair in the Netherlands

[email protected]

He does proper hemming and darning - I use him all the time...nice guy.

Check him out on FaceBook.

Edited by Foxy2

there is also a guy in denmark/belgium doing hemjobs and darn-jobs... he gave me his card two weeks ago. i try to remember his place!

statement in munich offers hemming/darning with an old singer machine, i talked to almostnice about that and he his absolutely convinced about their skilsl!

i had to do a double take on those words... :P

and i am pretty sure that the rise has nothing to do with it. at least not because of it being too long.

Well, it's a combination of the rise and the slim fit. With the higher rise the waist band likes to sit at my hips, so the fabric in that area gets pulled around and is an area of high tension especially when I'm running, pushing, or doing any type of trick. What I've found is that a fuller cut with a mid to high rise is perfect so the denim can move and flex in a natural way without any tension but then again I have a pretty dense build so these may be perfect for a more normal type of build.

I swear I am late with every monthly update, guess I'll just try to have them up by the middle of each month...

Flat Head 3009 with 3 machine washes (machine wash last weekend) and 1 shower soak.

The crotch is going to need some repairs soon, probably going to aim to have it fixed in the next couple weeks. The back pocket has shredded right up due to my wallet coin button but disaster struck when i tried to slip through a doorway...the button caught on the weather stripping and snapped it off :( I'm waiting on some fabric to come in and then I'm going to attempt a sashimi repair on the back pocket. 

20596919381_5bedfaa956_k.jpg_DSC6483 by matt karai, on Flickr

20402369778_d6d5edfb7c_k.jpg_DSC6486 by matt karai, on Flickr

20565637506_1691293bef_k.jpg_DSC6490 by matt karai, on Flickr

19969444824_3ab8286117_k.jpg_DSC6499 by matt karai, on Flickr

Momotaro 0205sp 4 machine washes (no wash this past month)

20403939800_c4ebab459e_k.jpg_DSC6492 by matt karai, on Flickr

20582936992_a894477771_k.jpg_DSC6493 by matt karai, on Flickr

20591953815_7630a278a1_k.jpg_DSC6494 by matt karai, on Flickr

20598582651_9689152940_k.jpg_DSC6496 by matt karai, on Flickr

Been working at an Accounting Firm in Sydney for the past 3 weeks, so i've had to resort to evening and weekend wear, hopefully my new job starting Wednesday i will be able to wear my jeans with some outfits