Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

I am on parental leave atm and I am out with my son alot. Visiting playgrounds or just walking around in the parks of Malmö.

I often carry my camera around. This has resulted in me taking quite alot of pictures. Most of my son but also quite alot of my jeans.

So here comes some photos from this morning.

2015-09-08

150908_IH666SII_32_d102_022.jpg

150908_IH666SII_32_d102_027.jpg

150908_IH666SII_32_d102_024.jpg

150908_IH666SII_32_d102_025.jpg

150908_031.jpg

150908_036.jpg

150908_049.jpg

Edited by nizzel55

123 days now. giving them a soak today before going off to get the fly and back pocket stitched up. the threads are starting to break in places, although nothing that affect them structurally yet. 

RC25oz-1_zpsqcipb4lp.jpg

RC25oz-3_zpsliatuuuw.jpg

RC25oz-4_zps1lbdgogl.jpg

RC25oz-2_zpshjru7z1o.jpg

Edited by DhaDha

@ nizzel - I hear paternal leave in Sweden is pretty good, it starts as soon as you find out your partner is pregnant and you return to work once the child is 21 - is this true?! ;)

It's only 2 weeks in the UK so the simple solution to make it worthwhile is to have as many kids as possible.

Haha.. It is pretty much true. ;)

You get 480 days together with your partner. You can spend it pretty much how you want it.

If you only take out 5 days a week you can be home with your kid for 2 years.

My wife was home 1,5 year with both my daughter and my son. I will be home for 5 months with my son. Will be back at work the first of November.

I was home 4 months with my daughter. (she is now 4,5 years)

The good part is that I got more days left to spend on both my daughter and my son.

I can save those days until the kids are 7 or something. I can not really remember.

The good thing about that, is that I can take out two or three weeks extra each summer the coming years.

Making the summer vacation longer :)

And the best thing is that your employer can not deny you parental leave if applied two months ahead.

The parental system in Sweden is great.

It is such a privilege that you get the time to bond and get closer to your kids.

I am enjoying it immensely.

It is quite stressful at times as well. Being at work is easier.

Edited by nizzel55

Damn, the German system is pretty good already (especially compared to anything anglo-saxon it seems :D) but you make me wish I was Swedish!

My wife and me are both back to work just now after paternity leave, my wife had been at home for over a year and I did two months. Good times. 

Yeah, and I already regret it a bit having not spend as much time as possible with our kid, instead sending her to kindergarten and spending our time at the university way too long...

... when I took my 12 months with my first son 13 years ago I had to save money for a living for that time (as there was no payment during paternity leave). In my job I was the "outlaw" back then, I was the strange guy ... only some colleagues had sympathy for my step.

Well, lost my job during that time (although not allowed, but the managers and I made an agreement and I never returned to that job).

A time, 12 months, 1 year, 52 weeks of learning, stunning efforts and of course me, my son and 300 mothers enjoying summertime at the local "beach club" .... I was the king amongst queens :-)

overdRAWn / GERMANY

@ nizzel - I hear paternal leave in Sweden is pretty good, it starts as soon as you find out your partner is pregnant and you return to work once the child is 21 - is this true?! ;)

It's only 2 weeks in the UK so the simple solution to make it worthwhile is to have as many kids as possible.

It was 2 weeks on statutory minimum when my kids were born, so my employer was only obliged to pay something like £120 per week which would have left me a little shy on the old mortgage payment. So in the end paternity leave is still pretty worthless in the UK. It may have changed more recently. My youngest is 9. I took 2 weeks holiday to bond. No wonder he thinks I'm a c@@t.

I have not been wearing my UHR much since I noticed a small wound on the back of my knee.

I was afraid it was psoriasis. But I do not know. They could not tell at the skin clique. Anyhow. I am only wearing them once in a while now. My main focus will be on the 666SII.

These do have potential though :)

2015-09-13 - 65 days (02 soak, 00 hand washes, 01 machine wash)

150913_IH666UHR_33_d065_086.jpg

150913_IH666UHR_33_d065_087.jpg

Edited by nizzel55

It was a festival in Boston featuring ciders from all over the place. My company was pouring there and the owner of the company was hosting a seminar on cider making. First time I had done one of these festivals since I am usually stuck in the cellar making the stuff! Fun time for sure but boy was I tired of describing my cider by the end of it. 

Quick question: Is it possible to enter with two pairs in the same division? I haven't been able to fit comfortably into my TCB superslims for a few months now, but I don't want to abandon them completely either if I switch to another pair. I'd like the opportunity to go back if I can. 

It was a festival in Boston featuring ciders from all over the place. My company was pouring there and the owner of the company was hosting a seminar on cider making. First time I had done one of these festivals since I am usually stuck in the cellar making the stuff! Fun time for sure but boy was I tired of describing my cider by the end of it. 

Cool, interesting to hear about cider, it's not so common here but the beer scene is just getting bigger and bigger. 

I know the feeling, you get exhausted after a whole day of just talking to so many people!

Me and a friend have been making beer for a few years now, I know that Mega brews some too? We just got us a new 50L brewer. 

11822825_752083601568703_760921762919149