Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

Those WHxYamane look great already. I might get my 800s back tomorrow. I think they'll see a frequent wash from now on, until the 710 DNM drop in November. A lot of inspiration coming from the Denime 66.

Tnx MP

Once I get my permanent crease imprint on the WEY ... pun intended ;) , I'm planning a regular/more frequent wash sched, as well => vintage steeze

I haven't worn these as much as I'd like to but I put them on every chance I get... mostly weekends and after work (sitting around the apartment). I like the color and weight a lot but I'm not super into the fit. I may try to shrink them a bit more and probably get them shortened an inch when I get my first repair done. Also, I'll update my competition page sometime in the week with a couple more photos... but for now, here's this. I tried to color correct the red shirt as it looks blown out to me. I have no idea what I'm doing in lightroom.
**Edit: Link to DWC forum update: http://www.denimworldchampionship.com/forums/topic/cadence-ih-dwcxuhr/#post-5677

R3asi2Cl.jpg

l9uVZ7Yl.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/VH0H6

Edited by cadence

^I like your shirt. Can I ask where you got it / what is it?

Thanks, holio. It's the 3sixteen indigo star short sleeve work shirt. I think it was only available on their website at the beginning of the summer. I don't have any good pictures of it at the moment. Here's the link to the shirt @ the 3sixteen website: http://www.3sixteen.com/collections/new/products/short-sleeve-workshirt-indigo-star

Would love to go down to Coors field, looks beautiful. Were you at the game that Reyes threw his helmet down? Was it pretty visible he has no interest being there?

I wasn't at that game, bradl. He wasn't even in the lineup yesterday. It was funny seeing other NY fans wearing his old Mets jersey though. I don't think Reyes had much/any say in his trade and I think his contract is a too bloated for him to leverage a move to a contender unless he volunteers to lower his wages. And, yes, Coors is a pretty nice ballpark. If you sit above field level along the first base line, you can get some amazing views of the mountains, especially at sunset.

I'd end up going with a pair of left field Black Marias, for the soul reason that I find myself wearing black denim far more often.

I like the Stevensons but sometimes I wish they fit me a little differently. We will see what happens after I patch the crotch up.

2015-08-28

I visited my mother again with my two kids. Giving my wife some "alone" time to prepare for work (she is a teacher).

We took the ferry from Helsinborg to Helsingör. It is a lovely trip and Helsingör is a beautiful city with lots of lovely houses and such.

150828_015.jpg

We went by an old monastery (Vor Frue Kloster) and church (Sankt Mariæ Kirke) where the oldest parts are from 1430. The paintings in the ceiling was a bit bizarre at times.

150828_026.jpg

150828_028.jpg

150828_037.jpg

150828_073.jpg

150828_095.jpg

150828_097.jpg

Then we vistied the castle "Kronborg slott" that Shakespeare made famous in Hamlet. It is where the story takes place.

150828_102.jpg

150828_131.jpg

150828_146.jpg

We had a lovely day.

And the jeans :)

2015-08-28 - 91 days (01 soak, 00 hand washes, 00 machine wash)

The first 3 pictures I turned out practically white in the camera. Tried to make it a bit closer to reality in Lightroom that I have limited knowledge about.

150828_IH666SII_32_d091_051.jpg

150828_IH666SII_32_d091_052.jpg

150828_IH666SII_32_d091_053.jpg

150828_IH666SII_32_d091_124_2.jpg

150828_IH666SII_32_d091_125_2.jpg

150828_IH666SII_32_d091_127.jpg

150828_IH666SII_32_d091_128.jpg

Edited by nizzel55

Went into Birmingham yesterday to go to take the eldest to the new(ish) Library. I work in Brum so it was a welcome change to go in with the family.

First up we went for lunch at Cafe Soya. The wife & I have eaten here for years and it's top notch. Cheap, cheerful and a huge veggie selection. 

5txLAK9l.jpg?1

There are a load of huge painted owls dotted around town at the moment. Spotted this Ozzy/Sabbath owl on the walk up to the library and being very proud of our heavy metal heritage had to get a couple of pics.

XWPElTZl.jpg?1U3LbDKLl.jpg?1

The library itself (left) & some pics of the inside.

zKpAn8Ul.jpg

kQQ9Nb6l.jpg?2

lXViQh0l.jpg

And kicking back with our respective selections.

19BZOTul.jpg

Edited by unders

Just a quick and dirty update on my OA02XX's. Washed them a couple of weeks ago again, probably will get another wash soon.6lZvKra.jpg?1

2OqGVcY.jpg?1

ERPaiLM.jpg

VYHWjPv.jpg

For some reason I feel like these hit a wall recently, or maybe I'm just becoming impatient...

Oh well, it's a marathon and not a sprint after all!

I've just been through my diary and tried to guestimate how many days wear I've put into my competition jeans (TCB 60s), and I reckon it's around 85 days +/- 5 days maybe. I haven't updated recently because there's not a lot to update. I had a 2 week jeans wearing hiatus whilst I was on holiday in Andalucia, and due to small children / clumsiness, these have been subjected to more washes than they should have been (3 I think if you include the initial soak). These are VERY comfy jeans. The denim strikes a balance between interesting texture and great colour, and as they begin to show wear, the texture is starting to show. The following pics aren't up to much, having been taken on iPhone and it's hard to find the right light to highlight the fades / fabric and I won't use filters so here they are: Some more macros are in order, and when I can be arsed, I will do some!

Some roping:

21059589215_cab250c3b8_z.jpg

my favourite fade- halfway down my left thigh, this ridge has developed in pretty much any seated position (colours a bit off):

21059597715_ed2d85fbaf_z.jpg

66 coin pocket fade - I noticed that almost all 66 repros seem get this weird diagonal double slash fade below the coin pocket (again, colour is WAY out on my monitor):

20871924858_0db0f85836_z.jpg

Some chatter:

21067262431_e584a6f0f7_z.jpg

Some slub (is that right?) and the begins of some tracks:

20438548143_287a33ef00_z.jpg

This is closest to the right the colour v:

20438535203_6e04897baa_z.jpg

Edit - just remembered that I have the cutoffs from when these were hemmed, so I will do a comparo at some point of then and now.

Edited by holio cornolio