TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

Nice raffia doily too Bobbo!

Can't take credit for it since it's not mine, which undoubtedly was proven by having to google it to know what you meant, haha. 

Volvo: it is a great book. A great mix of detail pics, fit pics in natural environments, stories about the previous owners and the men behind the companies making the jeans. Definitely worth it. 

It's taken me 2 days to trawl right the way through this thread (obviously dipping in and out as I have the time) and I've really enjoyed, all the talk of coffee, food, volvos, travel and above all, JEANS. There's been everything; laughter, comedy, tension and tragedy (my heart still aches for Volvo's purloined musical equipment).

Sadly, I'm way to late to be anything other than a spectator in this epic thread, but that's ok.

I do have one question though, about the brand TCB. What does TCB stand for???? Anyone know?

P.S - I just picked up a pair of TCB 60s for a good price. These will be my first foray into unsanforized denim. Will try to avoid the temptation to derail this excellent thread with pics when they arrive! I take it, it's best to get unsanforized denim hemmed AFTER the first soak?

WAIT!!!! I just went back one page and saw reference to the TCB band. I think I have my answer. Idiot! That's what 2 days thread stalking will do to you!

Edited by holio cornolio

Nice to hear our shananigans have such results, you'll definitely love them! It took me two 40 degree machine washes to get all shrinkage out of my jeans. They keep the indigo quite well so I'd say give them two washes to be sure, you don't want to have them too short in the end after all.

Edit: Post your results in the Unknown Japanese Brand-thread so we can see the result. Can't have enough TCB action.

Edited by Bobbo

Just bought myself some of this from an Austrian online store. It'd better be good ;-)

anyway, I fucking love this thread!

speaking of coffee that's one my all time favourite blends, Passalacqua Harem

93771602-930E-4356-93AD-C86828612AB4_zps

hey Hoolio! good to hear you appreciated our topic.

I hope you'll love the TCB 60's as much as I do. So far in my limited experience they're definitely my all time favourite pair of jeans.

The Passalacqua Harem is a very special blend of coffee, much sweeter than the average 100% arabica coffee. I sincerely hope you're not going to use it for an americano coffee or a filter cofee ahah! Another brilliant blend from Passalacqua is Mexico, that's their standard blend and slighty less expensive than Harem.

today I went for a walk in Albenga a lovely little city not far from where I live.
we often go there on a sat morning as we like the general vibe of the place, there's a great bar for coffee and two lovely indipendent bookshops.

here's one of the two medieval towers of Albenga

TCB%2050s%205%20months%20update%203_zpsq

a lovely little vintage fiat

TCB50s%205%20month%20update%202_zps4c4ro

after coffee and bookshops we stopped by for a quick lunch in a lovely trattoria.

we had farinata (very old and simple recipe, that can be tracked back even to roman empire times)

TCB%2050s%205%20month%20update%204_zpsza

it's chickpeas flour mixed with water and olive oil and then cooked quickly at very high temperatures in the wood oven. quite healthy too (unless there's too oil), it feel like you're eating carbs but in fact chickpeas are vegetal proteins.

then I had one of the classic local recipes that I like the most, baby cuttlefish stew, cooked with spuds and porcini mushrooms.

TCB50s%205%20month%20update5_zpskg1k6juy

Edited by volvo240thebest

Jeans look good, and DAMN that food looks excellent...Maybe (hopefully?) some time I can make it out to Italy during the contest (wishful thinking) because I've only been once when I was much younger and didn't have as much an appreciation for history or the palate I have now for food. Looks insanely good! 

Also, I just needlessly threw my jeans in the wash just now; I'm really not going to have any combs or whiskering at all given the frequency of washes but I'm interested in seeing how they turn out. I think the fabric will speak for itself however!

Edited by aho

Well let me know if you make it over here, I can give you all the right foodie suggestions!

Look forward to see where your dad style washing behaviour will bring the TCB denim. It looks well impressive so far. I do enjoy a little bit of contrast so I'll hold on washes for awhile now.

Nonononono. We don't have any 'dirty water' in my house!

I bought a can of 'mekiko' at the same time, to soften the pain of the shipping cost! It's like I read your mind :-)

I'm really excited about the TCB 60s. I've heard such great things about the beauty of the denim, and for sure, your pair on the TCB blog was a great influence for me. I will post in unknown japanese brands when the arrive.

hey Hoolio! good to hear you appreciated our topic.

I hope you'll love the TCB 60's as much as I do. So far in my limited experience they're definitely my all time favourite pair of jeans.

The Passalacqua Harem is a very special blend of coffee, much sweeter than the average 100% arabica coffee. I sincerely hope you're not going to use it for an americano coffee or a filter cofee ahah! Another brilliant blend from Passalacqua is Mexico, that's their standard blend and slighty less expensive than Harem.

^Awkward downward angle, but they fit like perfect stovepipes ought to IMO and I'll try to post more fits moving forward...Not as clear with the double cuffs also but I usually only wear one cuff when it's not as messy out which is more flattering. Anyway, that's my sack of excuses!  :D

nice fit Aho!

the whole outfit looks super, deck jacket Filson bag et all, and I see you're still shovelling like there's no tomorrow in the windy city.

Those White's with the honey commando sole have a serious 80's Italian paninari vibe!

*****!!!

Makes me automatically think of the Pet Shop Boys...

(Paninaro, not the fit or the boots.)

Edited by Foxy2

Looking good Capsicum!

Here's one from today, looks like spring has arrived here!

58B6E596-E252-44C9-B459-0EED5F070CF8_zps

The more I wear the more I like this pair! These is my first 50's pair and the first loose fitting jean since my teenager years. It took long time to the fabric to set in and drape the way I like but now it works, and I think it's going to be better and better with more time and wear.

Quick Bay area trip last weekend for Alameda Flea...Unfortunately didn't buy anything this time but still had a blast digging around:

(not me):

16560267500_e7ef848061_z.jpg

16540396647_7a1bede4c4_z.jpg

lots of great leather

16560109288_b926cbc3a5_z.jpg

16746479581_da8f98f86d_z.jpg

some came in...only a few came out... :o

16125351574_805c11ddb2_z.jpg

Some furniture

16721768386_1b578b361b_z.jpg

16721764266_75a34915b8_z.jpg

Denim and Military