Levi's Vintage Clothing

Sorry, maybe this was asked before or I am too confused :-) ...

What kind of thread is used on the LVC reissues???

I think Paul T has previously mentioned that LVC uses poly-cotton only.

My 1915s are from 2009 and labelled as LVC. I think your 66s will be the same.

Are they still LVC tagged or LEVIS XX ???

Just to clear this up, Levi's Vintage Clothing has not and will not change it's name. Nor will the labeling/branding change.

LVC is a brand, Levi's XX is the division of Levi's that is responsible for the Levi's Vintage Clothing brand.

Levi's XX is responsible for two brands, one of which is LVC, the other is Made & Crafted.

Simple as that!

Yesterday I received my 1915s from threebyone. Unfortunately the top part of the rivet (washer?) was missing on one of the cinch rivets. This was the last pair in stock and the shop have no spare rivets but they've offered me a discount should I wish to keep the jeans.

Before I accept/reject their offer, I have a couple of questions:

- Is it easy to attach a rivet washer e.g. just hammer it on?

- Does anyone know where I can get an LVC rivet washer (or complete rivet) or even have a spare they could send me? I'd gladly pay and reimburse any postage costs

Thanks in advance

Yesterday I received my 1915s from threebyone. Unfortunately the top part of the rivet (washer?) was missing on one of the cinch rivets. This was the last pair in stock and the shop have no spare rivets but they've offered me a discount should I wish to keep the jeans.

- Does anyone know where I can get an LVC rivet washer (or complete rivet) or even have a spare they could send me? I'd gladly pay and reimburse any postage costs

Thanks in advance

This guy sells some decent rivets. They are not as nice as the LVC ones, but they do the job. It is pretty easy to attach them.

http://www.castbullet.com/rivet.htm

how are the resent 1955s sized? thinking about getting a pair for my bro for christmas.

oh yeah. and thanks for digging that up for me paul. hahaha.

As Josh mentioned, you're looking at 2 1/2" overmeasurement on the '55s. My size 38 '55s made in late 2009 (bought Feb 2010) measured 40 1/2" raw. They shrink down to 38", and with a month a half wear since their last wash, they're at 39 1/2".

Inseam was 34", shrank down to 31".

Thanks in advance

Didn't someone say awhile back that at Levis in Frisco that they had a big jar of rivets that you could grab from? If you contacted Levis they would probably send you something (every garment is guaranteed, right?)

Guest redchris
Didn't someone say awhile back that at Levis in Frisco that they had a big jar of rivets that you could grab from? If you contacted Levis they would probably send you something (every garment is guaranteed, right?)

contact levis mate, I wrote back in 2000 when the flimsy buckle on my 1873 cinch broke, they sent me about 25 replacements.

I've emailed Levi's UK, Levi's XX and called Cinch in London, so I'm hoping for something. Also called the Levi's flagship store on Regent Street but no luck there.

Thanks to all who've responded but if someone comes across a spare Levi's rivet, don't be shy now...

Great night tonight - West Ham 4 - Man United 0! Hammertime!

yeah, seriously i nearly fell out of my seat when i saw the score-- who lit a fire under west ham? that doesn't bode well for my fantasy squad, but i enjoy seeing man-u lose...

also--i haven't done this with levi's, but with other companies-- if you don't get a response, mailing a letter goes a lot further than e-mail.

Does anyone know of any websites that are dedicated to the history of the 3 levis trucker jackets and their history? I searched for a bit but couldn't find much.

I have an old wool flannel that I wanted to get sewn into a type 3 as a liner. I purchased a used type 3 and couldnt find much on it. No big E, only 2 chest pockets and number on tag is 71205 0217 and its made in the US. I would love to know what year it is from. Im thinking the 70s or 80s.

anyone have any ideas?

Does anyone know of any websites that are dedicated to the history of the 3 levis trucker jackets and their history? I searched for a bit but couldn't find much.

I have an old wool flannel that I wanted to get sewn into a type 3 as a liner. I purchased a used type 3 and couldnt find much on it. No big E, only 2 chest pockets and number on tag is 71205 0217 and its made in the US. I would love to know what year it is from. Im thinking the 70s or 80s.

anyone have any ideas?

Your jacket is the type 3 LONG, as 70505 is the regular size. Made between '71- c.'78. For a little more info, go to www.vintagemotorcyclejackets.com

Not very realistic really, esp. considering the small size. The best you can hope to get is about £150-180 imo.

Thanks - you're probably right. Strange though that the true market value is less than a new, non Valencia pair. Would have thought they'd have been equal at least......there again, probably nobody is buying new pairs at £215!

Thanks - you're probably right. Strange though that the true market value is less than a new, non Valencia pair. Would have thought they'd have been equal at least......there again, probably nobody is buying new pairs at £215!

People will try it on; I sold my 555 201 in the spring, and doubt they raised any more than the new ones, they went for circa £140. The 555 connection is a nice one, but they're not noticeably better jeans than the recent production.

THe only exception seems to be the Nevada reissue, which still fetches good prices, but that's partly because there has never been as good a reissue of these jeans as the 555 version.

People will try it on; I sold my 555 201 in the spring, and doubt they raised any more than the new ones, they went for circa £140. The 555 connection is a nice one, but they're not noticeably better jeans than the recent production.

THe only exception seems to be the Nevada reissue, which still fetches good prices, but that's partly because there has never been as good a reissue of these jeans as the 555 version.

Good point(s) - I guess it won't be too much longer though before the 555 era becomes vintage in it's own right! Be interested to see if they sell though.

Cheers rnrswitch, unfortunately they require $100 minimum order plus shipping for international orders. That's a bit steep for my simple needs!

Cheapskate!! Haha. I didn't know they had a minimum for international.

I have some of the copper finish sobrero

rcst.jpg

If you want some and can't get anybody to help you out then I can send of a few to you. Or if you want I can just send some. They may not match well.

Many thanks rnrswitch, I'd really appreciate that. I'll pm you my details.

Rep to follow when I can.

Well then, PM me your details you lazy bastard!!!

Maynard,

Have you still not heard from levis? I really think they'd help you. I've heard of people returning a pair of lvcs cause of seam rips and things, so I'm sure theyd try fix your problem. Have you called them? I bet a phone call would go a long way too. You can also throw in some stuff about how disappointedyou are and how you're not going to buy anymore levis products.

Maynard,

Have you still not heard from levis? I really think they'd help you. I've heard of people returning a pair of lvcs cause of seam rips and things, so I'm sure theyd try fix your problem. Have you called them? I bet a phone call would go a long way too. You can also throw in some stuff about how disappointedyou are and how you're not going to buy anymore levis products.

Thanks erk,

I've emailed

Levis.eu (no contact number) - awaiting a reply

Levis.com (US site) - awaiting a reply

Levis.xx - awaiting a reply

I called Levi's London flagship store and Cinch (LVC store) but neither had spare rivets nor could offer any useful suggestions!

It's the waiting game...

Guest redchris
I've emailed Levi's UK, Levi's XX and called Cinch in London, so I'm hoping for something. Also called the Levi's flagship store on Regent Street but no luck there.

Thanks to all who've responded but if someone comes across a spare Levi's rivet, don't be shy now...

Great night tonight - West Ham 4 - Man United 0! Hammertime!

i think you mean West Ham reserves 4 - UTD reserves 0 ?

Still. 1st team to beat us this season, fair do's.

I just went into the regular Levi's shop in the Trafford centre and told them the problem, they gave me a contact for a very nice lady in London who posted a whole load of the correct lvc buckles to me. I've not got the details any more, sorry its been over 10 yrs.