Levi's Vintage Clothing

Did that jacket come with those vaginas all over it or did you add them?

LOL! Sorry... I see they kept the jacket "Natural" too.

I do like the look of the jacket, but would prefer it un-distressed like it is.

Do you know what leather it is?

I thought you were suppose to stop buying stuff Roy6. Shame Shame Shame.

^Horeshide- nice and broken-in feeling, with a pretty thick flannel lining. Really a nicely done item. I'll bet it would fool some vintage experts, except for the lining being unworn. Supposed to be based on a '50s jacket, and that seems right.

Did that jacket come with those vaginas all over it or did you add them?

Don't be trying to finger my back when I see you in December. I'll be watching you...

I was wondering if someone could help me out. A few months ago I thought I saw someone advertising some LVCs in there sig that they DIDNT have a thread for. Just a "PM me for details" type ad. If I remember correctly it was for some early model LVCs like some 1890s. Anyone know who this was?

Out of nowhere I REALLY have the itch to get some early model LVCs with suspenders. Which is weird because I have never had any admiration to wear suspenders. Especially since im only 24 yo and thats not quite quite the style for my age bracket.

Any help would be great, or suggestions on any older model LVC's. Thanks guys! :)

Hi Mike, I had the 'pm me if interested' ad' you spoke of (due to me being a noobie dufus on the computer)

Sold two of the four pairs, the last remaining are big - 37 waist and 39 waist measured. Probably too big for you..no?

^Horeshide- nice and broken-in feeling, with a pretty thick flannel lining. Really a nicely done item. I'll bet it would fool some vintage experts, except for the lining being unworn. Supposed to be based on a '50s jacket, and that seems right.

By wearin that, you will make your R'n'r jealous. Shame on you Roy6 !

Hi Mike, I had the 'pm me if interested' ad' you spoke of (due to me being a noobie dufus on the computer)

Sold two of the four pairs, the last remaining are big - 37 waist and 39 waist measured. Probably too big for you..no?

Nope, PMed.

oh paul those 1878 look beautiful. i love the front pockets. this pocket design was my first thought for the contest pants. awesome. thanks for reposting the link

They are beautiful, aren't they? I love how, on the Roys, he's kept the straight slanted pocket... the last couple of years with the MF RIders, Rising Sun, these pants and other LVC plus the ROYs, has been great for choices beyond yet typcal 50s five pockets.

well i love those pockets, specially the light curve. one of the things i like with my lee friscos is the frog mouth pocket, MF ( http://www.mil-mil.net/sugarcane/jeans/sc40715/sc40715.html) also had a pant with this kinda pockets. both are similar to the 1878 LVC. the thing with the slanted pockets like the Mf freedom riders or the roy is i am always ly afraid my keys and coins will fall out when i am sitting on the couch or somewhere similar.

By wearin that, you will make your R'n'r jealous. Shame on you Roy6 !

Ah, I know, but my rnr ultimately knows who's boss. If he gets to mouthy. he gets roughed up and left in the closet with his competition to sulk for awhile. Usually straightens him out for a bit.

hes actually wear almost ALL visvim

Ah, I know, but my rnr ultimately knows who's boss. If he gets to mouthy. he gets roughed up and left in the closet with his competition to sulk for awhile. Usually straightens him out for a bit.

Jacket options for the (..ahem) RxC's?

Sold all my Lvc sweats recently, so sticking to the BR;s from now on.

Just a quick model-question. I found a pic of e. clapton obviously wearing vintage jeans in a very nice light, blue color. What model could that be. In other words: what lvc model does fade as nicely? http://hipcelebrity.blogspot.com/2009/09/eric-clapton-and-his-guitar-have-lunch.html

thx

Strange I know this but...

Clapton's favorite jeans were the very early LVC '201' which were actually based on a 1937 501 cut. The current equivalent is the 1937 501.

You will need to size up by two inches, as normal, for a full fit like he has. There will be distressed or aged versions available although these vary from year to year.

Jacket options for the (..ahem) RxC's?

Sold all my Lvc sweats recently, so sticking to the BR;s from now on.

DId you now. All of them? Even the Santa Cruz? Must be the downsizing season.

I'm pretty in love with the new LVC leather- I don't know what the name of it is, since LVC has gotten so stingy with details. Part of the fun is the weird, sometimes evocative names they hang on their garments. Now it is the "pussy jacket". You could do worse, I guess.

Anyway, I think I'll be sticking to that for most of the R x C, should be good in SF until the weather warms up (maybe) next October. Even then the nights are cool...

You? What leather jacket are you mating the ROYs to?

DId you now. All of them? Even the Santa Cruz? Must be the downsizing season.

I'm pretty in love with the new LVC leather- I don't know what the name of it is, since LVC has gotten so stingy with details. Part of the fun is the weird, sometimes evocative names they hang on their garments. Now it is the "pussy jacket". You could do worse, I guess.

Anyway, I think I'll be sticking to that for most of the R x C, should be good in SF until the weather warms up (maybe) next October. Even then the nights are cool...

You? What leather jacket are you mating the ROYs to?

Even the santa cruz (which was my fav. ) - it was either use it or lose it. So yeah a bit of downsizing

- a few valencia street made pieces perhaps?

Jacket options: Lee duck 91-LB type, Buzz '42 USN deck (zip version), Goodwear '38 Monarch M-422, original 1960 Lee 101LJ, original 1969 Lee westerner, '34 Lee 101J repro.

Obviously the GW is the only leather, but will mostly be (hopefully) wearin my Roys to work so the Lee duck will be the main one (??)

Apologies for moving off topic. That new Lvc jacket must have cost a few bucks?

First time poster... 3 year lurker. Had a quick question about the denim on the (2) following pics. Both are early; (10/97 555) LVC. One 1937 201xx and one 1955. Paul, what is the possibility that these (2) pairs are made from the EXACT SAME denim, and the same dying processes? If not, what are the differences? They seem to be identical (denim wise)... Thanks!!

LVC001.jpgLVC002.jpg

I think they are the same denim - I don't know for certtain, but I've looked at them too. I think when they intoruduced LVC they had just one fabric - then once they dropped the '201' for a 30s 501, started to develop more specific replicas for each year. Not sure when they introduced the 47 but that was definitely a different denim so perhaps around that time. THe doctor might know more, he was buying LVC before me.

Lovely jeans, of course. You could sell those 201 to Eric Clapton, y'know!

It's possible I might be able to have another look at the range... but to be honest I shouldn't, I need to look after the day job.

Maybe I will ask for a lightning, photo-only visit and try and leave out the anal details.

The more photos, the more anal details we can speculate on ourselves!

I think they are the same denim - I don't know for certtain, but I've looked at them too. I think when they intoruduced LVC they had just one fabric - then once they dropped the '201' for a 30s 501, started to develop more specific replicas for each year. Not sure when they introduced the 47 but that was definitely a different denim so perhaps around that time. THe doctor might know more, he was buying LVC before me.

Lovely jeans, of course. You could sell those 201 to Eric Clapton, y'know!

Thanks for the reply! Not sure about Eric buying mine... He's a lot taller than me!! I also noticed the back pockets are near identical as well. With the exception of the single stitched arcs on the '37.. Interesting because I believe the newer '37 (501) pockets are bigger...... LVC003.jpg

One side note: I've been wearing the '37s for about a year they have (1) wash and one hot soak.. They are made of the most stubborn denim EVER.. Very slow to show wear... I was hoping the sister '55s would break a lil easier. Guess no such luck though!!

NIce 201. Did you get them rehemmed? I had a pair of the 555 but had to ditch them to fund my ROYS; my 2003 pair are wearing in slowly. Very slowly. If you look at the 201s on the Vintage thread, you can see they've got the color pretty much right as they fade in.

Did anyone else see these cool original 30's Levi's at the Rose Bowl this past Sunday?

Leviswide.jpg

Levisbuckle.jpg

Levispatch.jpg

Levisarcuate.jpg

Thanks for the reply! Not sure about Eric buying mine... He's a lot taller than me!! I also noticed the back pockets are near identical as well. With the exception of the single stitched arcs on the '37.. Interesting because I believe the newer '37 (501) pockets are bigger...... LVC003.jpg

One side note: I've been wearing the '37s for about a year they have (1) wash and one hot soak.. They are made of the most stubborn denim EVER.. Very slow to show wear... I was hoping the sister '55s would break a lil easier. Guess no such luck though!!

Hi hferris and welcome.

I too was a long-time lurker before joining sufu.

FYI the 1937 201xx was the first repro from Lvc (june 1996), and came complete in a presentation box (later editions did not).

The earlier (non-Lvc) 1966 big E repro (see Dom's posting # 10921, P.17) was also made with the same denim and was from 1994.

These were the early days of USA made repros.

IIRC, the '37 201xx, 55 501xx, 506xx and 507xx were all made with the same denim, but I could be wrong. This changed around 1999.

Paul T. has shown some 55 LVC jeans that broke fairly easily and very well. So this aspect may not be the same between the two.