Levi's Vintage Clothing

Tried on the 1890 today in both 32" and 34" leg which were both long enough to get some shrinkage out and not leave me with half mast jeans.

The shop assistant (Who opened LVC/Cinch early for me – cheers if you read this) informed me that they don't shrink as much as other LVC models and I'm tempted to go with the 32" rather than the 34" as if this lack of shrinkage claim is the case I'd need to get them altered.

Any advice please?

The Post Street Union Square Levi's Store now has a LVC shop on the first floor with the custom Tailor shop. Made in The USA 1890-66 501's, 20's chambray, 55 sawtooth, 20's, 30's bay meadows, 40's, and 50's tees, and accessories. In addition, vintage pieces for sale (Made in USA flannels, military (M51's etc), made in USA leathers, thermals/tees)...similar to Levi's XX Tokyo Cinch.

Tried on the 1890 today in both 32" and 34" leg which were both long enough to get some shrinkage out and not leave me with half mast jeans.

The shop assistant (Who opened LVC/Cinch early for me – cheers if you read this) informed me that they don't shrink as much as other LVC models and I'm tempted to go with the 32" rather than the 34" as if this lack of shrinkage claim is the case I'd need to get them altered.

Any advice please?

I have a pair of those. Indeed they do not shrink a lot.

They are fairly oversized as it is, too. I usually buy L36 tagged size in raw lvc, these were VERY oversized for my leg in that size and shrunk just a little in a warm bath. If the L32's leave you with enough room preshrunk, you could go with those I guess...On the other hand, if you like turn ups (I do...), the L34 will leave you with plenty fabric to flaunt the selvage ;-)

Speaking of sizes, does anybody know why there are no W35 lvc's? These would just be perfect for me, 36's tend to stretch just too much after shrinking, 34's just too little

Cheers for the size heads up and agree with the 35" waist aa I have the same problem

I've been wearing my 47's non stop pretty much since I acquired them...I've noticed that they are wearing faster than any pair of jeans I have owned in the past. Is this normal for certain years? I'm not digging ditches in them (although I certainly would if I could haha) I am however a rather active barista..on my feet all day long, running around, bending, tamping etc.

Just wanted to see if anyone else found their 4'7's to be super quick to show wear

I think you're right-- your day to day probably has more to do with the wear you're experiencing. I'm curious to see what they look like at this stage. I've got a pair of 2010 '47s I've been wearing 3-4 times a week since July-- I'm just now starting to see some (and that's because I was looking for evidence of) fading. It's been very slow to get there.

I think you're right-- your day to day probably has more to do with the wear you're experiencing. I'm curious to see what they look like at this stage. I've got a pair of 2010 '47s I've been wearing 3-4 times a week since July-- I'm just now starting to see some (and that's because I was looking for evidence of) fading. It's been very slow to get there.

I'll post some pics tomorrow in the natural light, they're looking like the thigh whiskers and lap areas will end up super contrasty

Guest redchris
a quick update. almost 3 months now. slow fades but i am really liking the colour and texture of the cone denim.

5246274996_7d442bec86_z.jpg

5246275158_c56d0956ff_z.jpg

5245674695_c066af3520_z.jpg

paper patch looks like its about to give way

5245674441_4dfa63bb14_z.jpg

and a x-post from waywt (denim)

5246257888_81a59c988b_z.jpg

sunset chambray

55s

405s

Nice fit mate, they look well slim for a 55

Ninja, are you sure that's Cone denim? It doesn't remind me of the denim used in my '55s, and if your's are from LVC Japan, I'm wondering if they used MIJ denim? And that patch is no where near giving way. They're fairly tough!

Washed my '55s last night for the first time in nearly two months. Damn, I forgot how much more comfortable they are when they're shrunk up and haven't gotten all stretched out.

Cinch buckles - US proxy help needed

Would anyone in the US be willing to proxy a couple of cinch buckles from Riverjunction.com for me (the store is based in Iowa)? I'm in the UK and need a new cinch for my LVC 1915s, which, as other owners will know, have a totally unusable buckle.

The items are:

http://www.riverjunction.com/Buckle--Two-tine-brass-colored-buckles_p_838.html - 1" brass-coloured buckle @ $3 and (Ref: RJT# BCL10100)

http://www.riverjunction.com/Buckle--Utility-Buckle--1-in_p_839.html - 1" utility buckle in gun metal @ $1.20 (Ref: RJT# UTYB0100)

If I order direct from the company, it will cost me @ $40(!) as it will be shipped via USPS Priority International mail - apparently the cheapest carrier they can use for international orders. I've had a lengthy email correspondence with the company and although they're very amicable and would like to be helpful, it seems that their operating model is not flexible enough for them to accommodate my simple request, i.e. put 2 buckles in a padded envelope and send them to me without worrying about tracking, etc. So if this can be achieved for less than $20 in total, that'd be a relative result!

If anyone can suggest any alternatives or has a spare they're willing to sell me, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT

Grooveholmes has kindly offered to help me out, so if you've any spare rep, please send it his way. I will once I'm able to.

Cinch buckles - US proxy help needed

Would anyone in the US be willing to proxy a couple of cinch buckles from Riverjunction.com for me (the store is based in Iowa)? I'm in the UK and need a new cinch for my LVC 1915s, which, as other owners will know, have a totally unusable buckle.

The items are:

http://www.riverjunction.com/Buckle--Two-tine-brass-colored-buckles_p_838.html - 1" brass-coloured buckle @ $3 and (Ref: RJT# BCL10100)

http://www.riverjunction.com/Buckle--Utility-Buckle--1-in_p_839.html - 1" utility buckle in gun metal @ $1.20 (Ref: RJT# UTYB0100)

If I order direct from the company, it will cost me @ $40(!) as it will be shipped via USPS Priority International mail - apparently the cheapest carrier they can use for international orders. I've had a lengthy email correspondence with the company and although they're very amicable and would like to be helpful, it seems that their operating model is not flexible enough for them to accommodate my simple request, i.e. put 2 buckles in a padded envelope and send them to me without worrying about tracking, etc. So if this can be achieved for less than $20 in total, that'd be a relative result!

If anyone can suggest any alternatives or has a spare they're willing to sell me, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

PM sent, MF.

thanks for the kind words and reps.

dr house, i posted these a few pages back :

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=2477238&postcount=10921

you mentioned about the offset belt loops too :)

setterman, its definately MiUSA which, as suggested by Paul T, would be using cone but marketed later on by LVC Jp. Still need verification on that though.

Ninja, are you sure that's Cone denim? It doesn't remind me of the denim used in my '55s, and if your's are from LVC Japan, I'm wondering if they used MIJ denim?

THose do remind me of Cone denim, from mine at least, although of course you can't say for certain from photos. But if they're stitched in the US, they would have to be COne.

There is a lot of variation in Cone year on year - as there was in the originals. But from my limited experience, the recent production is perhaps the best - certainly I''ve been blown away by the 44s.

ninja, you have me jonesing for a pair of 55.... and I own two pairs already! Great fit, too.

My 2010 55's arrived yesterday, tagged size 34/34 (actual 36/33 :( )

Comparing them to my 555 55's, the raw denim is very different.

By that I dont mean better, although I prefer the look/feel of the early denim, just different.

I like both however.

Will try and post some comparison pics, probably in spring, when the sun is actually shining into my flat.

@Maynard

I have two buckles that entertainment! sent me, if you get desperate, I can lend you one.

Can't wait to see pics.

Incidentally, I remember now that one time the last maager of Cinch pulled out all his old stock, including perhaps four or five different 555 55s. There was massive variation in the denim - espeically in terms of colour and how tight the weave was. THe pomata bunch are very dark - soe of the ones I saw were much greener. All of them were very hairy, though, probably more so than any recent Cone.

THose do remind me of Cone denim, from mine at least, although of course you can't say for certain from photos. But if they're stitched in the US, they would have to be COne.

There is a lot of variation in Cone year on year - as there was in the originals. But from my limited experience, the recent production is perhaps the best - certainly I''ve been blown away by the 44s.

ninja, you have me jonesing for a pair of 55.... and I own two pairs already! Great fit, too.

Oh, I thought the offset belt loop meant they were LVC Japan, and therefore were made in Japan from Japanese denim.

I have a pair of '55s from 2007 that I gave to a friend because they were way too big. Denim used in them, and my current ones from fall 2009 is identical. I like it quite a bit, and it's wearing in nicely. When the cultizm contest is done, I don't know what I'll do... get another pair of 55s, or a pair of LVC or SC 1966s.

Pretty certain nija mentioned these had a tag saying made in the US. LVC Japan used to source its own US-made jeans, with COne denim, and often charged more for the US item, so I suspect that's what these are.

That said... while the quality of the current 55 looks great, the pathetic sizing still is not good enough at that price level.

Pretty certain nija mentioned these had a tag saying made in the US. LVC Japan used to source its own US-made jeans, with COne denim, and often charged more for the US item, so I suspect that's what these are.

That said... while the quality of the current 55 looks great, the pathetic sizing still is not good enough at that price level.

Love those offset-belt loop model 55's ( Where to kop? )

The quality of the denim is fine, although a some of the stitching on the back pockets is questionable. But you're right, the sizing issue continues...

to be a PITA.

Will want to compare them to the denim on the Royxcones when they arrive (?)

Glad I paid less than a quarter of what Aero and the like are charging

thanks for the kind words and reps.

dr house, i posted these a few pages back :

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=2477238&postcount=10921

you mentioned about the offset belt loops too :)

setterman, its definately MiUSA which, as suggested by Paul T, would be using cone but marketed later on by LVC Jp. Still need verification on that though.

Haha, that's great. I really love the offset beltloop, know what? This evening I cut off the center beltloop of my 55's and resew it offset (but a bit closer to the look of the real old ones). Looks great, pics will follow. You were my inspiration :D

Yup you're right Paul. Came with a big MiUSA tag and jeans' inside tag says MiUSA as well. The numbers on the inside tag says 55501-0051, which appears to be a 2009 model from my earlier searches.

Strange but however I do not have problems with the sizing, the post shrink size is pretty spot on as tagged, very much true to size I would say.

^LVCs are supposed to be "shrink from" rather than "shrink to", so if they shrink to the tagged size they are an inch or two over-sized.

Anyone have 2010F/W issues in other year models? Curious if the sizing is correct on those.

Roy does your duck closed front jumper have the old style pat may 1873 rivets? I thought the one at the vault had them?