Levi's Vintage Clothing

^LVCs are supposed to be "shrink from" rather than "shrink to", so if they shrink to the tagged size they are an inch or two over-sized.

Anyone have 2010F/W issues in other year models? Curious if the sizing is correct on those.

My tagged 34x34 '66 501s measured about 35x33 pre-soak.

Roy does your duck closed front jumper have the old style pat may 1873 rivets? I thought the one at the vault had them?

Mike,

I think Roy6 has the duck jacket (jp version) IIRC?

FYI, I have the duck jumper and the rivets are marked 'pat may 1873', although they are not flat-headed (and come in a burnished finish),

Mike,

I think Roy6 has the duck jacket (jp version) IIRC?

FYI, I have the duck jumper and the rivets are marked 'pat may 1873', although they are not flat-headed (and come in a burnished finish),

I remember the original jumper, that's on display at the vault having the old patent rivets. You can still read the label, I think the jacket was made in 1890.

Did you flatten you rivets out- on your jumper?

Haha, that's great. I really love the offset beltloop, know what? This evening I cut off the center beltloop of my 55's and resew it offset (but a bit closer to the look of the real old ones). Looks great, pics will follow. You were my inspiration :D

I would love to see the pics dr house :)

Came across these photos of my 555 55. Note the slight error at the yoke; the watch pocket is also slightly mis-shapen.

frontahr.jpg

fabricx.jpg

backpp.jpg

For comparison, here's my 2007 pair when they were new. The arcuates on the 555 pair are more a 60s shape, while the pocket outline on the newer pair is probably more accurate (although arguably too neat and symmetrical compared to the originals) but I like the roughness of the old pair.

1955.jpg

And, for sansome, here's the duck jumper rivets.

placket.jpg

rivet.jpg

For Farhad, who just asked, to feed that lust for more clothing...

I do love this jumper

cottonduck3.jpg

cottonduck2.jpg

cottonduck1.jpg

I like the cut of this - it's definitely baggy, but I just throw it over a T, or a shirt, in the daytime in the winter, in the evening in the summer. It looks very raw and agricultural. I"m wearing it now, this was back in the summer. Others have said it looks better tucked in, but I like it loose. The cut is kind of like a smock, so you have to live with it. THis is a pretty good idea of how it looks:

cottonduck196.jpg

I think Cultizm still have these, altho I haven't seen them on sale. PM me if you want me to check out Cinch.

great pic paul, pity charlie does not want to sell his yet. hey were you wearing your 1930s lees in this pic ?

yessiree. Lovely jeans. I hope the ROYs will be as good a fit...

Thanks for posting the pics paul. fabric is really nice. The cut is a bit baggy but if you pair it with the right thing, it will work.

Anyone have the 1873 Duck Canvas Rigid? I think I have seen them on this thread no?

Entertainment has a pair... maybe have a look on the Duck thread? I'm not sure I like the pants as much as the jumper, I'm suspicious about the lack of a yoke.

great pic paul, pity charlie does not want to sell his yet. hey were you wearing your 1930s lees in this pic ?

Hey fardin, I want to sell it (+ a few other items, inc. some 555 pieces + duck pants) but I'm busy getting organised for a trip to Oz over chrimbo. Will get sorted + take pix ..etc, at the end of Janurary.

My 555 1873 Duck Pants have a yoke and fit amazing. They are one of my favorite pieces of clothing that I own. I love the duck pocket bags and the single stitching throughout. Too bad the buttons on the fly have popped off twice in a year.

Why did they start making the duck pants without a yoke this year? They definitely look a bit mis-shapen.

Roy does your duck closed front jumper have the old style pat may 1873 rivets? I thought the one at the vault had them?

I do have one, a medium (for sale in my signature). Only two quibbles I have with this otherwise fantastic reproduction- the buttons are wrong (original seems to have rounded polished wood or bone buttons, repro looks like sharp-edged plastic) and the font on the rivets differs on the repro from the Levi's archived jumper (original rivet on right):

5248883337_c26a0d2487_o.jpg

Thanks doc. Tbh, I think the center beltloop was just a lil' bit besides the center seam on the old originals. Correct me if I'm wrong!

I've owned/worn three or four pairs of 501's from the '56-'64 era, and the off-set belt-loops all look like my 551z's. I have some photos in books, but dont have time to take/upload at the mo.

Yours still looks great though btw, and I'm sure there were some made like that.

Yeah, thanks DEFCHOICE- the blanket lined type IIIs look really appealing. I'll go and check them out in person as soon as I can.

How awesome to actually be able to try on all of the repros- one way of getting around LVCs sizing issues, huh.

If the blanket-lined truckers look good in person, I might be willing to proxy for other sufuers.

Many thanks. Maybe I'm mis-reading the MrMort post, but is he saying the SF store has "Made in America" Sunset shirts? Anyone know for sure?