Levi's Vintage Clothing

Hey,

I´ve just received two new pairs of jeans, a 1933 501XX from LVC Season 1 2006, which I´m a bit confused of, the tags all read L34 but actually it´s a L37. Is that usual with 1933s? The second pair is an Edwin made 1937 Lee Hair on Hide, which als measure way too long, the tags read L33 but measures L38, do the shrink much in length? I hope so! Many thanks mates!

You're asking about LEE? On a LVC thread? Shock horror.

Some of the 2005 LVC - and obviously the early 2006 too - were made overlength, in error. Essentially all lengths of one run of jeans, whether 32, 42 or 36, seemed to be more like 37 in length like yours. (I think this was the same year they put the rwong pockets on the 201).

As for the Lee, someone might know more than me, but I know that on some of the jeans, which are badged Sanforized but still apparently shrink, they are sized large to allow for shrinkage. But they still sound too long, I can't see them shrinking more than two inches in length.

Hopefully someone near you does chain stitching...

Thanks for your info Paul T. Hehe, it would be interesting to know if many people here have their favorite Repro Bransd and never would touch another brand!? For me

I can say I love all three big brands... but Levi´s I like a liitle more.

Unfortunately there is no good tailor here in Berlin :/

One thing more! I hate the selvage of my 33s, it looks weird caus it´s to narrow and you can´t see the red line, it´s woven into the indigo clothes, anyone else got these terrible looking selvage? I think the redline has to be in the middle of that white line!

But both are still very cool jeans =)

When I saw these in Cinch a little while back I didn'r really like them, but your pics turned me around.

Nice.

I think they did a fairly good job with the predistressing aswell. Looks like there still is enough to work with for you own wear.

And I know you probably won't, but I have to:

I'm really curious how you're going to wear them and how they look on you.

pretty please with a cherry on top....?

Exactly. On the original the jig was quite basic, apparently.

Levi's only have one original painted arcuate in their archives, which is on a pair of Lady Levi's, so the exact shape is a matter of guesswork anyway. Therefore in this case the variation is not an LVC fuckup, it's them replicating the lack of certainty about the original. Or something.

Since we've been talking about the 1905 overalls I thought I'd throw up these pics of the real ones. Pics are from CarpeDenim.com The owner, Brit, searches all over the country for vintage peices, and sells them through his website. Had the chance to meet him at Stronghold; very nice guy

These overalls did spend time with Lynn Downey at the Levis archive, but they elected not to purchase them. Can't help but wonder if they are the inspiration for adding the 1905 209 to the current season.

1905front.jpg

1905back.jpg

1905detail.jpg

1905buckle.jpg

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i318/honest_legit/501xx-line/?action=view&current=1.jpg

Sorry for the double post. I posted a bad link previously.

Did LVC Japan make a 1945 501XX? If so, do the jeans pictured in the link look authentic?

Thanks

I guess that the name honest_legit is kind of a dead give away that they're fake...

edit: crownzip those 33's look delicious!

those jeans are very fake, sorry.

where did you find them?

I didn't buy them. I saw them on ebay and wondered if they were fake since I'd never seen any LVC with selvedge like that before. The seller repeatedly said they were from the original factory.... never said original Levis factory.

Since we've been talking about the 1905 overalls I thought I'd throw up these pics of the real ones. Pics are from CapreDenim.com The owner, Brit, searches all over the country for vintage peices, and sells them through his website. Had the chance to meet him at Stronghold; very nice guy

These overalls did spend time with Lynn Downey at the Levis archive, but they elected not to purchase them. Can't help but wonder if they are the inspiration for adding the 1905 209 to the current season.

1905front.jpg

1905back.jpg

1905detail.jpg

1905buckle.jpg

Bill they do (LVC 1905 209) have a strong resemblance.

Hey,

I´ve just received two new pairs of jeans, a 1933 501XX from LVC Season 1 2006, which I´m a bit confused of, the tags all read L34 but actually it´s a L37. Is that usual with 1933s? The second pair is an Edwin made 1937 Lee Hair on Hide, which als measure way too long, the tags read L33 but measures L38, do the shrink much in length? I hope so! Many thanks mates!

In my experience the Lee Hair On Hide don't shrink much at all. The 38" leg is only likely to lose an inch at most.

whats with the difference in the painted arcs on the 44? Are they all handpainted differently

d4de_12.JPGebd2_1.JPG

i like the top version way better but are nearly impossible to find except on ebay once in a while

the top pockets are from the 1944 s701xx, these were the womens 501 ones during that time, LVC did these two years ago. i don´t like the high positioned arcuate on the pocket down... but i guess some japenese repros got the womens arcuate style for s501xxs

Does anyone know what kind of leather the patch on the LVC '47 is made out of. It feels very different from every other leather patch I have handled. I hope it is real leather, but I'm not sure.

Yes, it is leather. I don't see any difference between the current US patch, and any other recent ones, or indeed other leather patches, although I did notice on one set of 33 ressues today that the leather is slightly shinier than previous years. There are a huge number of variable in finishing leather - cheaper leather has its 'grain' printed, for instance - but this is probably just sample variation. I presume the LVC US use cow hide - some of the LVC Japan are reportedly deer hide, though I've not seen confirmation of this.

Incidentally, looks like many of the current distressed finished jeans, in Europe at least, are made in Turkey, including the limited edition 606 and 517. I believe these use Italian denim, not Cone, partly due to trade tariffs.

Really f***eD off , I am an IT numpty and can't get to posting pics , as I want to show pics of my most recent purchase.. a 507 jacket from 2000 (Valencia St) . I wore this into Belfast today and went to my mates retro shop , took a post Bluebell white label Wrangler 124mj also . The guys were blown away by the 507xx , which is a genuine keeper .I had to fend off serious offers. The 124mj went to my big time Mod mate , I would have sold it to noone else and wasnt intending to , to go compliment his sta-prest and type3 big E jackets. The 507xx is just ... well (Paul T will know ) just think Martin Sheen in Badlands.. Even in a hick place like Belfast .... the legend still lves .

Ahhh, do try again.

Here:

Try to upload the pictures to imageshack.us and tick the option "resize image" and choose "640x480 for message boards" and then after the image uploaded choose the "hotlink for forums (1)" option (untick the "include details" box if you want) and just copy that. Now come back here, post a new reply, click the small icon with the mountain view, paste the link into the box that appears and your pic should appear and will be the correct size for here.

We want to see!