Levi's Vintage Clothing

Does anybody get errors on the caliroot site with credit card orders?

AF,

Looking at your 33's and the earlier posts of your 1917's, you favour the smaller cuff (about two inches?) but turned up four times.

Have you worn any others with bucket turn-ups or even wear them gathered on the boot? If so, any pics?

Doc nah I usually just roll'm up a few times. 34 length will most of the time be the perfect length after the shrinkage is all out.

Sympathy,

If they are the 90's 'natural indigo' version, then they will not shrink at all, if anything they will stretch out an inch. There's a post somewhere on this thread from Paul T about those particular jeans and their shrinkage(or lack of..) qualities. I have a pair in a size 38/36, but measure 40/36. This means they will probably fit someone who is a 42 inch waist. And that, unfortunately, is not me!

mini rant:

the whole sizing issue is completely ridiculous. Any clothing manufacturer worth a crap should be able to make a pair of pants the size they are meant to be. be they valencia st. or caitac. I just hope the 1915s are correct sized enough that I can get a pair that measure 34-35 in the waist with a 36" inseam.

Sympathy,

If they are the 90's 'natural indigo' version, then they will not shrink at all, if anything they will stretch out an inch. There's a post somewhere on this thread from Paul T about those particular jeans and their shrinkage(or lack of..) qualities. I have a pair in a size 38/36, but measure 40/36. This means they will probably fit someone who is a 42 inch waist. And that, unfortunately, is not me!

GIVE TO ME NOW!

mini rant:

the whole sizing issue is completely ridiculous. Any clothing manufacturer worth a crap should be able to make a pair of pants the size they are meant to be. be they valencia st. or caitac. I just hope the 1915s are correct sized enough that I can get a pair that measure 34-35 in the waist with a 36" inseam.

Erk,

If the 1915's are anything like the 1927's or the 1917's they wont be accurate at all. My 1917's are tagged a 32/34, but measure 35.5/33.5.

It's worth contacting your supplier (I talk to Will @ Aero) to give your measurements to first, then hopefully they can get it right even if Levis cant.

gotta love the fact that 90% of this thread is about LVC sizing issues.

"So if I am a (insert size) in (insert APC model) what size should I buy in (insert LVC 1947)??"

OR

So I just bought (insert LVC 1947 or if we are lucky an earlier model) how much can I expect these to (insert stretch or shrink) compared to my (insert APC model)??

checking this thread for updates can be a real bummer.

its still probably my favorite thread. its a lot better when Paul T is around.

anyways I found this picture on some thai website when I was searching for more pictures of the 1915 and 1917 501. Whoever wore these did a great job...

1947.jpg

gotta love the fact that 90% of this thread is about LVC sizing issues.

"So if I am a (insert size) in (insert APC model) what size should I buy in (insert LVC 1947)??"

OR

So I just bought (insert LVC 1947 or if we are lucky an earlier model) how much can I expect these to (insert stretch or shrink) compared to my (insert APC model)??

So fucking true, plus rep for that partytaco, people need to fucking read and stop comparing everything to goddamn apc's

Speaking of size, since hanon shop is taking pre-orders for the 1915 rigid in only a few sizes - mostly large, does this mean LVC is only issuing the '15 in those sizes or can we expect a broader size range with 31 waist included? Also, will cultizm measure for actual size if you ask them? TIA......

Speaking of size, since hanon shop is taking pre-orders for the 1915 rigid in only a few sizes - mostly large, does this mean LVC is only issuing the '15 in those sizes or can we expect a broader size range with 31 waist included? Also, will cultizm measure for actual size if you ask them? TIA......

Yes Dejan will measure the actual waist for you. As far as sizes I would imagine it will be the full range.

great pair, great wash, but its a shame that lvc cut the legs of, and put the rest to the packages, stupid somehow, i think the customer shoul be able

to cut em hisself... sorry for that beautiful prewashed denim... and i´m jealous about the cool bag;)

I just did a repair of my pair and it looks fine ..... : )

P7110016.jpg

repair.jpg

Mmmmm......not sure..

It looks like the bottom half of the legs have been dipped in something.

Probably easier, and cheaper, to buy the raw version and wear 'em in..

..And the big question is, with constant wear, how long will the knees hold out before the bottom half of the leg gets seperated?

Just bought a new pair of 47s , needed 36/34 again !! Ironically got these in my home town . Hadnt been in this shop in a long long ime and wasnt aware they had LVC . Rigid 37s and 47s for £95 , on sale and they also have pre distressed models in the shop for £70 .

http://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/brand/31/l-v-c/

well, i think i asked it before, but the thing I don't understand is wether levis has some standard models in their vintage line, like lets say the raw 1947 or if the whole collection is kind of a surprise and so it would be possible, there's no raw 1947 in SS 2010. Cause in most online shops (not speaking of cultizm) they have discounts on the 1947.