Levi's Vintage Clothing

Dr H the denim on the 333s is so much different than any other LVC. And I like the fact they and so different in design. Some of LVCs best effort. I say some photos of a pair of originals about the time I bought mine. These are a very good repro of a very rare pair of Levis.

AF

Yeah, No I appreciate the denim looks fantastic and is probably much better in 'the flesh', but it's the style which I'm not keen on.

I know they were originally a cheaper alternative to the other models of that period, and it's good that Lvc pulled their finger out and made a decent repro of them, but for me I'd prefer the 201 or your 209 bib overalls that's all. I have a photo of a one pocket pair somewhere, i'll try and dig it out and get a pic of it for you. :)

Just some anecdotal input on Lvc shrinking/soaking.

I just gave my 501 33s their second machine wash yesterday, and this time at 60 degrees celsius. They previously had one warm soak and one 40 degree machine wash. This last time they shrunk an additional inch in inseam length, aswell as got overall snugger. From cuff to no cuff/borderline too short.

My point being (in line with Airfrog) : there seems to be a lot of shrinkage left after the first/s soak/s for unsanforized LVC.

I noticed the Fall 09 Collection lacks e g a '47 or '55. When does usually come the collection for spring / summer? And as the 47 and 55 are sold nearly everywhere, they should be avalable then.

ThomasK.

The S/S collection usually appears at the begining of January.

The problem in waiting for 10 or so wash/dry cycles for me is that I want to hem the jeans before I've owned them for years. So I cheat. One hot soak and dry, then hem. Or else hem long, so I know they won't be too short.

^^^^^ Cuffs Cuffs Cuffs my daddy told me.

The problem in waiting for 10 or so wash/dry cycles for me is that I want to hem the jeans before I've owned them for years. So I cheat. One hot soak and dry, then hem. Or else hem long, so I know they won't be too short.

Jake the problem is they will keep shrinking. Even with hot washes.

I've been wearing my 33's for about 3 months straight...

One warm soak for a couple of hours when I first got them and that's it.

The last week or so, I've noticed some really cool streaking going on down the entire legs of the pants.

The denim is still smooth and not fuzzy like my 37's about this time, but streaky...

Sorry I don't have any pics right now to show you guys...

Anyone else having that with their 33's?

I've been wearing my 33's for about 3 months straight...

One warm soak for a couple of hours when I first got them and that's it.

The last week or so, I've noticed some really cool streaking going on down the entire legs of the pants.

The denim is still smooth and not fuzzy like my 37's about this time, but streaky...

Sorry I don't have any pics right now to show you guys...

Anyone else having that with their 33's?

The 33s I have now are 555s and are not fuzzy sounds just like yours.

I'm wearing my 55's today (first time in about 3 months) and noticed the denim is very similar to the 33's. Smooth, no hair and lightly streaky...

I wonder if these are the same Cone?

you think so? I find my 33's and my 55's are very very different. The 33 denim is very light and lightweight and feels a bit flimsy, but 55 denim is very dark and sturdy and also quite slubby... my 33's are from 2006 and my 55's are from 2007 I guess

There is so much variation from year to year with each model. Look back in this thread and see my comparison posts with pics of the 55's from 1998, 2003 and 2005. The 98's are very hairy/slubby, the '03's (currently on ebay) are lighter and streakier, and the 05's are also dark and VERY stiff and solid, but not hairy or streaky.

I had a pair of the 555 33's and compared to the 2004 33's I have, they are darker. I think Airfrog has a pair of 555 33's, and there are some pics of them also somewhere on this thread.

There is so much variation from year to year with each model. Look back in this thread and see my comparison posts with pics of the 55's from 1998, 2003 and 2005. The 98's are very hairy/slubby, the '03's (currently on ebay) are lighter and streakier, and the 05's are also dark and VERY stiff and solid, but not hairy or streaky.

I had a pair of the 555 33's and compared to the 2004 33's I have, they are darker. I think Airfrog has a pair of 555 33's, and there are some pics of them also somewhere on this thread.

Heres my 33s and they are 555s. I had a pair of 33s from a few years back but the denim on my 555s was much nicer.

IMG_1800.jpg

Heres my 55s. The denim is much different than my 33s. My 55s are from fall 06 and are really nice. Great denim. The 33s have 10 oz raw denim (the correct weight) about 12 oz now but I wouldn't call them flimsy. They're tough as nails, just not as heavy. My 55s were 12 oz raw 14.5 or so now.

They look a ton better now.

IMG_6165.jpg