Levi's Vintage Clothing

Thanks Dr H. I might have to see if I can score a pair. My 1886s are getting pretty beat.

I have only seen one other pair, on ebay actually, and they went for over £300.00!. They are rare (although I'm sure there's a few SUFU members who have some squirrelled away somewhere!), so maybe you're better off with an alternative - say the 1890 or the 1870 oldest/oldest?

Thanks Doc they look even nicer now. Get'n a bit gamey though (LoL). Only a couple months left and I will post more photos after they hit the water.

i think the ones i liked the most were the 1901's that i tried on today

sorry for my last post i was asking about the difference between the cut on the 33's to 37's

Good luck. Sizing is notoriously inconsistent on LVC; used to at least be consistent for the same model, but there are more changes this year, Check the 501 guide, I've posted the dimensions for the new models. It's incomplete, but I'll post the full set asap: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

And check out The Clerk's fantastic 1933 jeans that I've added. I'd say they look just like vintage ones but I'm not allowed!

according to paul basically all levis in spring are 2/3 inches oversized is this what others have found because i havent found this. Also oipolloi who do measurements as well have on average a one inch increase in tag size

As the editing function doesn't work: Are they both raw so they'll shrink the normal way? And: if those are 55s: is there a difference in waist size compared to the 47s or are it just the thighs that are wider? I have the 47s raw in W34, so sould I buy the same size?

As the editing function doesn't work: Are they both raw so they'll shrink the normal way? And: if those are 55s: is there a difference in waist size compared to the 47s or are it just the thighs that are wider? I have the 47s raw in W34, so sould I buy the same size?

Check out the 501 visual guide thread

there are also comparative dimensions for the 2009 run

55 vs 47?

People often ask about differences between the 55 and the 47. Altho broadly similar, the 47 has a greyer, grainier denim, whereas the 55 is blue-er. The 55 has wider thighs, and is sized larger.You can see, despite being a nominally 'smaller' size, the 55 jeans (on the right) are still bulkier. Note how you're more likely to get a crotch blowout with the 47 than the 55!

47vs55.jpg

Ah, yes, editing doesn't work.

Check out the 501 visual guide thread

there are also comparative dimensions for the 2009 run.

If you have a 34W in the 47 and want roughly the same dimensions, go for the 32W in the 55. I think that's what the pair posted are.

You want to go aofr an actual waist size that's one or two inches smaller than what you'd wear in the 47 - the bigger seat and thighs will mean they end up broadly similar, or even slightly more roomy.

More info: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

Check the dimensions of the pair you're busing carefully, though; if you get the 2009 oversized pairs, as mentioned on the thread above you will actually need to downsize.

Yes. Only had a quick look but I'm not certain that they're raw. I I wore raw 47 in 34 I would try the 32. THis is only a guess.

They'er so cheap that if they end up too big you can use them round the garden or sell them on. I think Yoox allow returns, too, you would only lose postage.

why the fuck cant I add those 333's to my cart and have them shipped to the US?! They arent even ON the us site. What gives?!

I was the same with the 1890's from 2005. They had them in a size 34/36 on the US site but not on the UK one. They should have one international site so any one can get anything. Whinge, moan..etc