Levi's Vintage Clothing

Not LVC related, but yesterday i bought the Jeans that are on the last page of "501 the evolution of the jean" limited edition version, as the were on sale at £60 down from £120. I had to go in three different shops in London, to find one which fitted me tagged at 32x34 but mesuring 35X34, which i cannot wash as the fit is rather snug. Distressed LVC Jeans, T-shirts and Orange tab re-issue were aslo on sale at half price.

the 2008 may never became collectible and make into the remarkable jeans, but it all organic cotton and natural indigo and it smells deliciously.The only thing that the staff knew about them was they will shrink.

Sadly, apart from a few fanatics nobody is interested in LVC. Not even the staff at levi's stores in London.

Here's an update on my LVC 1947's, 2-2.5 months

Lap fades

That dot on the right leg was from some tapioca I got in life plaza when I visited southern california. It's since gone

1947-1.JPG

Crotch repair from Denim Doctors.

1947-2.JPG

The patch ages beautifully For the texture, think of the used leather on a major league baseball

1947-3.JPG

Not LVC related, but yesterday i bought the Jeans that are on the last page of "501 the evolution of the jean" limited edition version, as the were on sale at £60 down from £120. I had to go in three different shops in London, to find one which fitted me tagged at 32x34 but mesuring 35X34, which i cannot wash as the fit is rather snug. Distressed LVC Jeans, T-shirts and Orange tab re-issue were aslo on sale at half price.

the 2008 may never became collectible and make into the remarkable jeans, but it all organic cotton and natural indigo and it smells deliciously.The only thing that the staff knew about them was they will shrink.

Sadly, apart from a few fanatics nobody is interested in LVC. Not even the staff at levi's stores in London.

I've been looking for a pair of those. They have the leather tag too right? How do you like them?

I've been looking for a pair of those. They have the leather tag too right? How do you like them?

they've got a leather tag and double sides red tag. shape and size is the same of my '47 LVC from 2006 tagged 36x36 (but after a few washes). they've got golden buttons and golden rivets, and from the second button down each of them has a number on the front, spelling 5-0-1-R. the denim feels fantastic :D and the shape is my favourite.

they've got a leather tag and double sides red tag. shape and size is the same of my '47 LVC from 2006 tagged 36x36 (but after a few washes). they've got golden buttons and golden rivets, and from the second button down each of them has a number on the front, spelling 5-0-1-R. the denim feels fantastic :D and the shape is my favourite.

Thanks. Now if I can find a pair raw 40/34...

The patch ages beautifully For the texture, think of the used leather on a major league baseball

1947-3.JPG

that patch does look spectactular! especially for only 2 months. any idea if that's from the sun/wash/soak? I've got a pair with much more wear and patch is still a light tan, but the leather is very nice - much nicer than any of my japanese jeans' patches.

that patch does look spectactular! especially for only 2 months. any idea if that's from the sun/wash/soak? I've got a pair with much more wear and patch is still a light tan, but the leather is very nice - much nicer than any of my japanese jeans' patches.

I warm soaked for 20 minutes when I first got them, and they haven't been washed or soaked since then. I do spend a good deal of time outdoors, but I wear a belt that covers maybe 4/5ths of the patch from daylight.

However, I believe the look came from my belt (also leather) rubbing against the patch. You can see this rubbed area between the top L of "Levi Strauss & Co" and the top of the "501XX" area as its slightly darker. That dark band 1cm above "Every Garment Guaranteed" came from my jeans stretching at the yoke since I sized down a few.

Here's a better picture to see it

patch1.JPG

Here's a picture of what the patch looks like new (from a ds pair in another size). The first picture is with the flash and it shows the near true color.

patch2.JPG

This is a picture without the flash; its obviously a washed out picture, but it captures the texture perfectly

patch3.JPG

Just got my LVC Knappave 1880'S Celebration Pack

These Nevada Jean style work pants hve been cropped - almost shredded - below the knee.

This pair was purchased from a vintage dealer in summer of 2001, soon after LS&CO. acquired

the famous Nevada Jean for $46.532. Interestingly, this cut off pair was also found in Nevada-

in a silver mine near the town of Tonopah, located about 200 miles from present Las Vegas.

These waist overalls were made in LS&CO,'s San Francisco factorey in the 1880s, with denim

purchased from Amoskeag Mill in Mancester, NH.

And why were the legs cut off?

Well, there are a few possible reasons. Sometimes when men's work pants got torn, the weares would

just cut off the ripped portion and use the denim piece to patch another pair of pants. Often the

denim would be used as a sweat rag, or - if the owner was a miner - it would be wrapped around the

hands before using a pick or shovel, in order to protect the hands from blistering. It's possible

this pair was worn even after being cut off, but it's more likely that the pants wer left behind

to be "recycled". The original pair levs in a fireproof safe in the Levi Strauss & Co. Archives in SF, CA.

LVC Knappave 1880'S Celebration Pack

P7110016.jpg

P7110019.jpg

great pair, great wash, but its a shame that lvc cut the legs of, and put the rest to the packages, stupid somehow, i think the customer shoul be able

to cut em hisself... sorry for that beautiful prewashed denim... and i´m jealous about the cool bag;)

Do all of the 27s have that light stitching. I thought they had the gold stitching as well.

Apart from the denim itself, those 1915's on the Hanon site look identical to the 1917's, especially the back pocket shapes + arcs. Does anyone else out there think this, or is it just me? I mean, why bother bringing out a different year jean, if its the same as an existing one?

Should have been titled 1917 cone colab.

just been in cinch today tried on loads of jeans, find the 17's too wide from knee down. They said that the 15's will be very much the same a as the 17's but with different denim obviously. They said they are in at the beginning of august

just been in cinch today tried on loads of jeans, find the 17's too wide from knee down. They said that the 15's will be very much the same a as the 17's but with different denim obviously. They said they are in at the beginning of august

1915 was the first year that Levis used cone for some of the denim. The 1917s are full the 27s are cut very similar but the denim on the 1917s is just incredible.

Here are some photos I took last month with a bit more than 3 months (raw) with constant wear. You should see them now. I'll post more photos after 6 months.

IMG_7473.jpg

IMG_7474.jpg

these have gold stitching.

The front pockets are shalllower than 27 and the 01s I had IIRC but not overly shallow to me anyway about he same as my 555 1933s.

Yeah, it's strange how certain variations with the different models aren't consistent. I do like the 1917's, but will probably sell them as I've got too many Levi's. The only pair without beltloops I want to wear are my (Knappave) 1880's. Your 17's are looking good though...

Yeah, it's strange how certain variations with the different models aren't consistent. I do like the 1917's, but will probably sell them as I've got too many Levi's. The only pair without beltloops I want to wear are my (Knappave) 1880's. Your 17's are looking good though...

Hey Doc a question do you like the 1880s better than the 1886s?

Hey Doc a question do you like the 1880s better than the 1886s?

I'm leaning towards the 1880's after a discussion with Paul about the evolution of the 501xx and the 'nevada'/knappave style work pant. For me, it's the denim pockets on the 1880.

I'm a bit of an accuracy freak.

I'm leaning towards the 1880's after a discussion with Paul about the evolution of the 501xx and the 'nevada'/knappave style work pant. For me, it's the denim pockets on the 1880.

I'm a bit of an accuracy freak.

Thanks Dr H. I might have to see if I can score a pair. My 1886s are getting pretty beat.