Levi's Vintage Clothing

thanks, i got the customized ones, they're super nice,

not sure about the denim source though, wish they were longer, oh well. not much you can get with a 28ish waist and a 36 inseam in lvc

I am planning to get either Knappave 1880's or 1901 501. I need help/advise on which size I should get. My true waist is 32". My 501 55 is size 34" and post wash, is just about right. Should I get size 34" or size down for the above 2 models?

does anyone have any advice for these? i'd like these as well. i'm pretty much the same size as him. 32" in rigid, 30" in pre-shrunk...

I bought the Knappaves a while back @ Cinch. I'm glad I tried them on before buying as they are anti-fit++. I'm around a 32 waist/34 leg but I bought them in a 32/32. So far, I've only given them a quick cold soak and they are still pretty loose. In my opinion, there is no way I would size-up on these jeans - certainly not on the waist anyway.

Hope this helps.

I bought the Knappaves a while back @ Cinch. I'm glad I tried them on before buying as they are anti-fit++. I'm around a 32 waist/34 leg but I bought them in a 32/32. So far, I've only given them a quick cold soak and they are still pretty loose. In my opinion, there is no way I would size-up on these jeans - certainly not on the waist anyway.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and rep for that info, r radish, I've updated the 501 guide accordingly...

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

Any info on the Oldest pack? Where to cop? other then Hanons shop where u have to be a gold member to pre order) How much?

Info from HB:

Levi's Oldest Oldest Pack features the recreation of one of Levi's oldest living memories from the illustrious Levi's archives. Uncovered in 1875, the Oldest Oldest denim overalls were found in a Nevada mining town. While the original pair is at Levi's headquarters in San Francisco locked away in a fire-proof safe, Levi's have recreated this important piece of history. The 9 oz denim features shank buttons, patented rivets, single needle Arcrute, cinch back and a lone back pocket. Available with a vintage styled shirt and back, the Oldest Oldest pack is currently only available for pre-order among hanon shop's Silver and Gold members.

levis-oldest-oldest-pack-3.jpglevis-oldest-oldest-pack-1.jpg

Strange jeans.... the back pocket looks to be the wrong shape as far as I can tell. The distressing also looks much more generic. I don't think they've done as good a job on these as on the original Nevada reissues. Original 1880s-1910 jeans are interesting in that the wear is generally less contrasty, with fewer whiskers, and more generalised wear on the thighs, while the faded areas are grey rather than white, presumably because the natural indigo denim wears differently, and the cotton is unbleached.

These Boss Of the Road are a good example, , courtesy of Cotton Duck:

br1bav4.jpg

And the Nevada reissues, which are a bit less contrasty and grubbier-looking in real life:

img10280sw.jpg...

and, lastly, the pair of 1901s from 2003 or so that we discussed earlier in this thread, with maybe five months of wear in them:

IMG_0547.jpg

a lot of people wore skinny/straight legs too, and the 67 606 is a straight leg, no taper, on the slim side, costomized with a lower waist, and a slight taper on the bottom inch. in the 60's, people were still making their own bell bottoms from straight legs, etc

Hope this helps.

how much did the inseam shrink? thanks for the help man.

Heh, I only posted that pic here from an ebay auction Paul.

Anyway,

here's what the catalogue says about the "Oldest Oldest":

The newest piece in the Levi Strauss & Co. archives is also, probably the oldest. Dated back to 1875, this precious pair of denim waist overalls was discoverd in a Nevada mining town. Made with 9-ounce denimfrom the Amoskeag Mill in Manchester, New Hampshire, these jeans carry shank buttons, pattented rivets, single needle Arucate (ed: Yes the typo is in the catalogue), cinch-back and four pockets.

The precious original pair, nicknamed the Oldest Oldest, now resides in a fireproof safe in the Levi Srauss & Co. Archives in San Fracisco.

Catalogue pics (beter scans will follow later in appropriate thread):

2533172553_68fc9295c1_o.jpg

The Oldest Oldest package (I wouldn't mind that tee)

2533986928_28a19da3ef_o.jpg

It also comes rigid!

(LVC, please get in touch over PM as to where to send that t-shirt as a reward for made efforts, thanks!)

Heh, I only posted that pic here from an ebay auction Paul.[/i]

Yeah, but you did WIN the auction, right? They were cheap, weren't they?

I did check with Lynn Downey, and am waiting for a little more info, but it looks the the 'Oldest Oldest" ARE the Nevada jeans. So why there's no ruler pocket on them I don't know.I did check the LVC catalogue to see if the new, pricey ones are natural indigo but it didn't say.

Yeah, but you did WIN the auction, right? They were cheap, weren't they?

Best deal ever!

Funny thing is that the S/S Knappave jeans were not based on the famous Nevada jeans but on another pair also found in Nevada (according to the catalog).

Apart from the missing tool pocket the watch pocket is also clearly different.

Interesting is that they are also still offering the 1873's "first blue jeans" and also still calling those the oldest jeans they have in that "fire proof safe" of theirs...

And seeing how relatively cheap those rigid "Oldest Oldest" will be, that distress job on the Oldest package might go down as the most expensive so far no?

On a sidenote, why has there been no love whatsoever for this season 1910 333's wich, although not 100% rigid, still look fantastic to me!

hello everyone. this is my 2nd post here on superfuture, but i'm a long time lurker. I was wondering where is the best place to get my hands on a LVC 1937? Cultizm seems to only have enormous sizes and the levi's store is a bunch of bs. Any recommendations?

jeans.jpg

my 1947s ( 5 months, 3 soaks, 1 machine wash with dr. bronners ) just an intro to the board i guess

hello everyone. this is my 2nd post here on superfuture, but i'm a long time lurker. I was wondering where is the best place to get my hands on a LVC 1937? Cultizm seems to only have enormous sizes and the levi's store is a bunch of bs. Any recommendations?

jeans.jpg

my 1947s ( 5 months, 3 soaks, 1 machine wash with dr. bronners ) just an intro to the board i guess

www.aeroleatherclothing.com ?

Guest patchmb

Picked these up for summer. Thought I would post some pics here. Made in usa for japanese market. They are a nice slim cut, though I had to size down 1 as they were the only pair I could find.

pic0164qn6.jpg

pic0163ce8.jpg

pic0162du2.jpg

pic0168gc2.jpg

pic0169yp2.jpg

[/b](LVC, please get in touch over PM as to where to send that t-shirt as a reward for made efforts, thanks!)

Not quite LVC related, but it looks like the designers at Levi's RED got a hold of this shirt and did a modern version of it in 2003 already, Cotton. I picked one up on eBay a while ago. I love it, but can't keep my room mate from wearing it all the time. Every time I go to wear it, she's left the house with it on! I just need to find her the damn girl's version.

Gerald tee:

LER0157a.jpg

LER0157b.jpg

LER0157c.jpg

LER0157d.jpg

Thought you LVC addicts would be interested in a little experiment of mine.

The Levi's website had a 30% off sale for a very short time, so I couldn't pass up the pair of 1947s I've been wanting. I got them for 130-something shipped.

You're usually supposed to size up on these but I wanted to see if I could get a slimmer 501 fit, which is kind of my Moby Dick.

For comparison I wear a 30 in APC New Cures, Ande Whall Grifters, Levi's 511 and modern Levi's 501. (Cures fit loose due to stretching..)

I ordered a 29 in the 1947s. They were.. Ungodly tight completely raw. I could do all the buttons, if I wore them as high as possible, with a little gut-sucking. For science I had to see if I could make them work.

Before soaking them I streched the waist as much as possible by wearing them, and then MacGyer'd a wooden plank to stretch the waist further.

lvc3plankmt0.jpg

You can see that one end of the plank is cut diagonally so that I could, in theory, keep pushing the board in more as the waist stretches. It generally worked, and eventually they were wearable without any discomfort. I figured if I get them back this way after the soak, I'd be aces.

I did the whole sitting in tub of hot water with jeans on thing, and they were again very very tight in the waist. I let them hang for an indeterminate amount of time so that they weren't soaking but still damp and got them on (After much trouble) and went about my business, letting them dry on me.

At this point the waist was about as tight as they were when I first put them on. After a few wears and leaving the board in the waistband when I'm not wearing them, the waist is now mostly comfortable and I got pretty close to the fit I was looking for.

Exception is ass sag, which I suppose is impossible to avoid with a 501 of any type. Tell me what you think! (Note that in my right pocket is my asthma inhaler and back right has my wallet)

lvc1td9.jpglvc2gt4.jpglvc3jn9.jpg

lvc4qj9.jpg(Apologies for gratuitous crotch bulge, homeys)

Edit: Realized my specs might help: 5'9" 150 lbs

You should maybe wear them a tad lower, if possible. But otherwise they look really great. I like the fact that they are somewhat too short.

Btw: Have any of you seen all the LVC that yoox sells? They aren't marked "LVC", "Levis Vintage" or "Levis Vintage Clothing", so you can't really make out what exact model it is and the fit pics that they offer, are awful. But Yoox are known for their insane sales, so you might want to keep an eye on them. Most of the models they are selling are pre-distressed though.

Hey, BlackCherry, those look awesome! That's exactly how I wear my 1947 501's (well, not THAT undersized, but they are very close). I prefer wearing them as high as I can hike them, because it gives me the illusion of actually having an ass. I really don't quite care much for the slouchy look.

thought it was time to date up my 1944 s501xx. i´m very dissapointed that these aren´t that popular although the ww2s are nearly the best lvc´s ever made, the denim is incredible:

dsc01995hh3.jpg

dsc02002zv0.jpg

dsc02004cj9.jpg

dudes, i wanna see more worn in 1944s okay! ;)

Very nice jeans. I dig the creases and the fade.

I'm wearing Flat Head 3003(44 repro) right now, 3 months in or so. Pics are coming.