Levi's Vintage Clothing

Some of these have been posted previously but just an update on my LVC collection , all Valencia St production from circa1996 - 2000 .

Jeans - 1955 501xx from 0896 see pic in PaulTs post top of page . (tag 36/36 now 34/33)

- 551zxx from Oct 97 (look slimmer in pic than real life) tag 34/32 preshrunk

Jackets - 507xx from Mar 2000 tag 44

- 506xx from Jun 2000 tag 44

lvc2.jpg

lvc12.jpg

lvc1.jpg

I have seen the catalogue for the UK 08 range, and it looks great.

There is a natural indigo version of the XX - what might well be the earliest jeans, different from the Nevada, with a more typical 501 pocket styling. These were priced at £200, which is decent value if the construction is good; from what I can tell, these look significantly better than the last LVC EUrope natural indigo early model jeans. (I did see a prototype but was being asked daft questions for morning TV and was losing my mind at the time). The Nevada style remains in the range as, I recall, as do the normal 47s, 67s etc. I didn't study the one-offs like shirts, and sadly there were no spring bottom pants - I don't know why, I like the idea of them too, altho I'd never wear them. SOme good shirts too, I believe.

I also saw the 333 jeans in the flesh; these have been commented on before, the 300 was the budget range BELOW the 200 range, and used partly recycled cotton (non selvage). I don't think we've made enough of a fuss over these. They have done a great job on them, a very nice 30s-style cut - a really good, subtle workwear look with very plain detailing, and they have to be the best LVC introduction of the last five years. (Sometimes I don't think they get credit for the good things they do, especially when you consider the endless Japanese 501 variants that get extolled here). If they'd had them in raw I would have bought a pair... instead, a pair of 55s will be my next project.

Pix of the 333 here:

http://doshaburi.shop.multilingualcart.com/goods.php?lang_id=en&goods_id=196

Yah, I like a lot how understated they are and I see what you mean with the DD'ers reference, same kind of old "crudeness".

Unfortunatly LVC ofcourse couldn't leave them untouched, though I feel that this "broken raw" wash I believe it's called, is still dark enough to make the jeans your own.

Am really curious what the denim is like as the catalogue states that they had a hard time replicating the denim as the original fabric was of such a low quality that it wasn't up to Levi's current day quality standards...

Very inspiring pair.

The denim does look "cheap" - in a good way. Like when you'd see a really cool old thrift-store pair, kind of dull and bitty, very grey looking weft thread. I love the way they used recycled cotton the first time around - especially when these days you pay MORE for stuff that's recycled.

It's really hard to judge the wash - I'd rather have my jeans new, or "old", not in-between. In the case of the Nevada jeans, the look was about as good as you'd get yourself with three years' wear, especially considering how hard it is to break in some natural indigo denim.

Now they've gone to the trouble of spec-ing the 333, though, designing a new fabric, and a new pattern, hopefully they'll make them available in raw another season.

those vintage 333 are really nice, especially it´s fading to be nearly white a the bum...

and great to hear that lvc maintains the 1880s for i´m out of money at this season for the next big thing ;)

two hours ago i received a decent pair of deadstock 1984s stf 501s, can´t tell how heavy and stiff the denim is and somehow it looks like salt and pepper tweed...

I've been lurkin' for quite sometime...

wanted to show off my 1947 501s and see what people think of em.

approx 3 months of wear (mostly to and from class) with one soak and no washes. the pics were taken outside with overcast and no flash. Pretty accurate rep of what they look like.

LVC%201947%20front%20June%2008.jpg

LVC%201947%20Back%20June%2008.jpg

http://picasaweb.google.com/Cbic10/LVC1947/photo#5211402633809836546

those 47s are looking good, another three months and a hot wash & they'll look amazing.

Re the 333 pockets - I think they simply didn't have stitching because they were the stripped-down cheapo version. You pay less money and you don't get as much Levi's branding. The stitching elsewhere is very plain, too, rather than the contrasting thread of the other jeans.

It wouldn't surprise me if these were based on a rival jean, that Levi's were trying to bump out of the market. IN the same ay their Koveralls were based on the Unionall (I hope that's right, I don't want an irate Lynn Downey on my tail...)

Here's a link to a site featuring a YouTube clip (3rd feature up from the bottom of page) of a vintage Levi's jean collection with an original 1910 333 (might be the same pair shown by Cotton Duck in post#1505 - dunno) among others. Vid is a bit grainy, but the collection is pretty damn impressive:

http://indigofan.com/indigofan/2007_03_01_archive.html

As if no one here does not already know, the LVC 1901 14oz. 501 jeans offered by the two vendors that I mentioned before do not exist just like everyone on this board told me. I contacted both vendors, and they told me that the 14oz. listing is a mistake and extended their apologies. However, Levi's still insists that they are 14oz weight. LOL!!!

Here's a link to a site featuring a YouTube clip (3rd feature up from the bottom of page) of a vintage Levi's jean collection with an original 1910 333 (might be the same pair shown by Cotton Duck in post#1505 - dunno) among others. Vid is a bit grainy, but the collection is pretty damn impressive:

http://indigofan.com/indigofan/2007_03_01_archive.html

Crazy!

HBxqS7VsXdw

What LVC best approximates the current 501 jean?

By that I mean the "carrot top" and the lower rise. (not trying to come off as pretentious; these are just details I've come across as I've looked around)

What LVC best approximates the current 501 jean?

By that I mean the "carrot top" and the lower rise. (not trying to come off as pretentious; these are just details I've come across as I've looked around)

A mentioned before, the current cut is based on the 1947; it's similar but not by any means identical. The other contender is the 1966, which I THINK has a slightly lower rise, the only person I know who has both is Rob, PM him and ask.

(he's on the 501 visual guide thread, for one, where there's more info about all the cuts, http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010)

Great video, btw, love that introduction too.

Edit: Sorry, I thought you were repeating your question, you weren't, my bad... http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=53045