Levi's Vintage Clothing

anyone looking to get any LVC's anytime soon or something? i have a 60$ gift certificate...i know this isnt the section for selling shit but seeing as how this is the thread for LVC just wanted to give a heads up

Actually I can´t believ in these rumour, for Levi´s always had their problems with japanese copyright killers and now they want em to redesign THE jeans of all LVCs???

I hope they´ll let em do :D for a reasonable price!

I read that Real McCoys will be making the LVC 47501, anybody have more info on this?

Makes sense, considering that Taylor Togs, who made most of LVC, are closing at the end of June. Sad news, in that this could be the end of US-made Levi's.

There's a dude apparently employed by Taylor Togs who sells LVC prototypes manufactured at the factory. He sells them on ebay under the moniker; post50modern (he's posted here on sufu a few times). The last lot of LVC he auctioned, he mentioned in his item description that Taylor Togs is closing and that it is his understanding that future LVC production will be outside the US and that the '08 LVC run 'might be the last Levi's manufactured in the USA...' -- sad indeed. Thanks NAFTA!

anyone looking to get any LVC's anytime soon or something? i have a 60$ gift certificate...i know this isnt the section for selling shit but seeing as how this is the thread for LVC just wanted to give a heads up

You mean you're giving up a $60 LVC gift cert.? If that's the case, hell yes give it to me , I'll take it. Just let me know.

Thanks bro!

I read that Real McCoys will be making the LVC 47501, anybody have more info on this?

The day after posting that I met Levi's Japans head designer and he didn't know about the deal actually, but maybe that's because it's so new. He was on vacation though so probably not very updated. I'll try to get more info in Tokyo and by email.

btw, I asked him about repro companies in general and he said "it's amazing how good they are at making vintage replicas, with the details and all, they're better than us", with a smile.

the initial info is from Lewis at superdenim.co.uk, who visited Hiroshi Okamoto.

Worn 1944s?

Here's mine that I posted about a year ago. Bad pics I'm afraid.

527532860_c7bfd8b163.jpg

527532864_ace4344ab5.jpg

527545456_08f8b34368.jpg

527545460_a5f9768ac6.jpg

These are probably about 6 years old now, bought from Cinch in London, In fact I can't remember when I bought them. Perhaps about 2 years actual wear. The crotch blew out and I put them away and haven't worn them in the last year.

I have another pair of the Japanese version bought in Japan about a year or so after these that shrunk much more and got little wear. I didn't like the denim or the patch as much either.

Thanks Paul ,

They differ from the recent 1955s in that the arcs have a gold type colored thread also the 50/60s stylised 501XX lettering / digits , similar to te 551zxx . However I just wish Levis had given them an offset belt loop !!!!

I've decided to get a pair of the 1947 501's.

I tried on a washed version at the Levi's store today -- I believe it was the "exile" wash that you see here (http://www.levisstore.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2116308&cp=2068573.2068693&parentPage=family)

I tried on a 33 waist and it was slightly snug, but the legs fit perfectly. I am around a 31" inseam.

So which size should I buy, considering that I want a slim fit as the jean modeled there looks? I will shrink them and eventually wash them, so that has to be considered -- and if this was a consideration, I'd say it's likely I could lose a little weight over time.

If I need something like a 33.5" tagged waist, what is my option?

Also, I'll add that I take a 32W in all of my raw denims -- and I wear the Somet 003's, RB11's, a pair of RRL's, and I have an RRDS that I no longer wear

My instinct is to get a 34W but I'm afraid that will be too tight in the waist after shrinkage -- but then again I've noticed that washed jeans (i.e. the ones I just tried on) always make me size up over a pair of raws.

You can't judge by the washed versions, sadly, they are made in a different factory.

For 33, it might be worth trying a 34 inch waist, which might stretch to that. But 33.5... best bet would be 36. To be sure: ask your retailer to check the actual raw size, and assume 1 inch shrinkage, with stretching...

Pretty simple answer then. I'm going to go for the 34x34's, because the 36's would, without question, give me too baggy a fit.

And what's the best method to get all the shrink out of them? Wear them in hot water for an hour or so?

And after that, will they stretch?

And THEN, if they do stretch, and I wash them, will they shrink back to that original point?

Really appreciate the help Paul