Westbrook

Acronym.

Just now, neromancer said:

lmao wtf. my payment went through paypal, card was charged, got payment confirmation email and receipt, and then like 30 mins later got an email saying my order was "automatically cancelled due to a delay in the payment clearance process on PayPal". anyone had this happen before?

you obviously not ready for KNIFE battle yet.

@neromancer Learned my lesson from the last drop. My order went through but canceled later due to pending communication between paypal & Chase. I guess it depends on your bank, but I have a couple K loaded up on my paypal just in case. Didn't help in the end tho since I missed the release while at work.. :dry:

Just now, X.bee said:

@neromancer Learned my lesson from the last drop. My order went through but canceled later due to pending communication between paypal & Chase. I guess it depends on your bank, but I have a couple K loaded up on my paypal just in case. Didn't help in the end tho since I missed the release while at work.. :dry:

ah, chase's fault... first time using my new chase card for an acr purchase lol. time to close my account!

I wish I hadn't blew so much cash in Vegas this weekend I could not cop. Those P-30A-DS look nice tho, can't wait for those to drop will definitely have enough saved for those. 

Loll I actually paid for my P23A-S with Vegas winnings. Oh yea & Chase blows they're a bit too gung-ho with fraud alerts, even when I tried purchasing instore.

I think maybe it has to do with stock as well. I’ve gotten the fraud block before but because it was not a size as in demand it was fine? 

47 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

Extremely interesting neck and collar design. Anyone else notice anything new?

Here's what I noticed:

• New hood
  • New collar (This collar is also fundamentally different than even the J69, which doesn't include a collar stand)
  • Second snap higher on the jacket (as they've done on many recent jackets like J47 / J69 / J66, etc.)
  • Hidden snap at bottom of zip
  • Black snaps (old ones were silver)
  • Added back hitch tab (from OG version)
  • Also first time I can recall them actually listing the models heights which is probably very useful for people new to the brand

• This j1a 2.2 recycles the hood/snaps from models like j16, j53, etc.
  • Off-center zipper
  • No escapezipǽ
  • Intricate storm flap with inner compartment reminiscent of the 3-j4ts
  • Not to mention the Kostas Seremetisǽ to ship with each jacket (presumably)

Straight from the description: 

"Modifications from Gen 2.0 include: new multi-position convertible storm collar, storm hood with redesigned visor/circumference adjustment, repositioned and resized GravityPocketsǽ, elongated liner access zip, addition of manubrium height center front snap closure, reintroduction of sleeve hitch tabs."

Curious to see how repositioned grav pockets work out for peeps.

They’re my least favorite aspect of both my J34 and J-47R. They always snag on just about any type of bag I’m wearing and causing the zip pulls to stick out and then I notice the pulls sticking out either due to rubbing on my jacket/random shit and or I just see them sticking out and get annoyed. And loading and unloading just ain’t that fun. They feel extremely time/mission specific. Be nice if the pocket was a compression style, cuz stuff just rattles around in there. Hell- half the folding knives I’ve tried carrying just fall right out past the snap. 

So yeah, here’s to hoping Shit is betterer now.

( Be nice to have a grav free option for a couple hundred less tbh... )

Edited by brainerd666
I’m dumb stupid with words

1 hour ago, jeddyhsu said:
  • This j1a 2.2 recycles the hood/snaps from models like j16, j53, etc.
  • Off-center zipper
  • No escapezipǽ
  • Intricate storm flap with inner compartment reminiscent of the 3-j4ts
  • Not to mention the Kostas Seremetisǽ to ship with each jacket (presumably)

Subsystems

ForceLockǽ
JacketSlingǽ
EscapeZipǽ 
SpeedLockǽ 
Gravity Pocketǽ
AuxZipǽ ( F )

Pockets: 9 
_External: 9
_Internal: 0

mb. glanced at this and assumed otherwise. good eye.

Capture.PNG

5 hours ago, X.bee said:

Does this way help reducing exchange rate as well? Always get robbed by paypal exchange rate. 

3 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

we uk boi just wake up and crying 

I'm crying so hard m8

2 minutes ago, gosgjkaj said:

I'm crying so hard m8

Mate I was awake at 2am - 3am when it was dropped but wasn't keeping an eye out for an unexpected ninja drop. Also I just bought a J47A off someone a couple hours before the drop :angry:

Looking forward to hearing reviews once in hand. It's probably just the lighting in the product shots - or "that new ACRONYM® smell" -  but the GT appears softer than usual, almost like a Stotz.

Also, I have to say I'm really loving the new collar. A small change that's made 2.2 truly distinct vis-a-vis its predecessors.

Not sure if I prefer it to the older version, but - love it.

e1524b6c73.jpg

e6874f494b.jpg

3 hours ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

WTF isn't E based in Germany? Why the 3am drop? 

Because it means the asian hype kids get to be first in line. 

Edited by Inkinsurgent
grammar

3 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

Because it means the asian hype kids get to be first in line. 

TFW you're an Asian hype kid who's living in Europe

Edited by hentaiyarou69

6 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

Does this way help reducing exchange rate as well? Always get robbed by paypal exchange rate. 

PayPal will always fuck you on the exchange.

If you want no fucking:

Go into your PayPal settings and change it so your bank sets the exchange rate. Your bank will keep track of the daily exchange rate and it will adjust it per each transaction. 

Shipping confirmation already going out, just got mine a few hours back

18 minutes ago, NinjaBoy77 said:

Shipping confirmation already going out, just got mine a few hours back

I'm totally not giving you evil looks at all

51 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

If you want no fucking:

Go into your PayPal settings and change it so your bank sets the exchange rate. Your bank will keep track of the daily exchange rate and it will adjust it per each transaction. 

lol I have been fucked with bank when I purchased a J63FO as well. I chose the bank exchange rate. Then order was cancelled due to the aux zip issue. 

The bank charged me 3.3% of foreign currency transaction for both of initial payment and refund. 70 quid minus and got nothing. thank you for sharing this knowledge tho. 

1 hour ago, brainerd666 said:

If you want no fucking:

well you first have to get fucked by wasting 20 minutes trying to find where to do this because of dark UI patterns. youll need to google how to do this.

new j1a is amazing. was p30a-ds also for sale? looks like they took it off the site. 

4 minutes ago, hooper said:

well you first have to get fucked by wasting 20 minutes trying to find where to do this because of dark UI patterns. youll need to google how to do this.

new j1a is amazing. was p30a-ds also for sale? looks like they took it off the site. 

just the j1a dropped, P30a-ds is probably dropping along with SS19

23 minutes ago, hooper said:

Yeah, none of PayPal’s UI is meant to be used/interfaced with.