Westbrook

Acronym.

25 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

Surprised the 3A-MP1 wasn't reissued. Great piece of kit.

I said the same thing, such a terrible 3a release imho :/ The recycled ideas using new material and 60% price hike, i'm disappointed.

Also, just for reference...   2015 prices compared to 2018.

3A-MK3: 138eur ---> 227eur

3A-MK2: 153eur ---> 295eur

3A-MZ2TS: 99eur ---> 240eur

1 hour ago, mariahscarry said:

I said the same thing, such a terrible 3a release imho :/ The recycled ideas using new material and 60% price hike, i'm disappointed.

Also, just for reference...   2015 prices compared to 2018.

3A-MK3: 138eur ---> 227eur

3A-MK2: 153eur ---> 295eur

3A-MZ2TS: 99eur ---> 240eur

This happens to every luxury brand that goes mainstream and has resell potential. People will still buy into the brand no matter what.

I thought this release of mods and bags has been amazing. I’ve been searching for a pair of mp2ts for the longest. And thought things like the mz1 and mts6 would never come back ! Not to mention almost every bag returned. Big price hike true but I’ve been searching for so long it was nice to wake up to go to the bathroom at 520am and secure the Bag lol 

15 minutes ago, msoldano said:

I thought this release of mods and bags has been amazing. I’ve been searching for a pair of mp2ts for the longest. And thought things like the mz1 and mts6 would never come back ! Not to mention almost every bag returned. Big price hike true but I’ve been searching for so long it was nice to wake up to go to the bathroom at 520am and secure the Bag lol 

Yeah not complaining at all, I've been chasing the pen holder for a minute. I like the new stuff too.

Same, I'm stoked I finally got all those mods I've been hunting for. And yes the price hike hurts, but it's still half of what you'd have to pay some reseller on grailed for the same item in used condition (if it ever turns up for sale to begin with). And if it were the original pricing, things would've been all swooped up by resellers instantly anyway. Only thing I'm bummed about is that the drop happened while I was on a long distance flight... the MP2TS was long gone when I got off that plane ... I guess you can't have it all.

Edited by eyesolation

On 10/31/2018 at 9:15 PM, eyesolation said:

Speaking of P23 variants, am I the only one who can't figure out how to use the drawcord on the -S/-CH properly? The one on the -DS has buckles to hold it in place, but the regular one just seems to end in loose straps for decoration? Is there a way to fix them in the cinched position? I realize you can just tie their ends together but that looks like crap and gets in the way of using a belt...

I didn't see this answered but I had trouble with this at first too.  I figured out that you have to tug the left and right straps separately back and forth repeatedly and it'll cinch the material pretty well.  It'll come loose a bit over time but it'll make putting on the belt easier.

How does the j58ws compare to the mionn is from veilance? I want to get a insulator for my j1ts but not sure if i want to spend 1300ish for a j58 when i can get the alternative for half the price. 

5 minutes ago, bacontowel said:

How does the j58ws compare to the mionn is from veilance? I want to get a insulator for my j1ts but not sure if i want to spend 1300ish for a j58 when i can get the alternative for half the price. 

You pay 700 usd for the ACRNM label, it’s a bargain.

2 hours ago, bacontowel said:

I've owned both. The Mionn is way slimmer—in my case I find it more flattering. The J58 has this permanently tightened elastic thing at the hem, and if you don't fill it out (if your hips are narrower than average) it tends to mushroom out in this awkward way.

That being said, the J58 is made with Climashield, which is way more breathable than the regular Coreloft that Veilance tends to use (mainline Arc sometimes uses "Coreloft Continuous," which is more like the stuff used in the J58). As far as warmth goes, I couldn't tell you which is warmer (though everyone says the J58 is insanely warm, and I've found the Mionn prohibitively warm for conditions above 7 degrees celsius).

Finally, I'd point out that the J58 uses windstopper, which is not technically waterproof, but is going to deal with rain and snow much more effectively than the light windbreaker material used in the Mionn, so I'd say the J58 might do better as a standalone jacket...

Edited by junkie_dolphin

Just received the mods I ordered. Packing is nice and the changed their shipping box.

3A-WB2 review: It is shorter than I thought. Take some effort to tighten the belt as it is thick web and stiff, still cant figure out the use of the hanging olive thread. 

Edited by darkart

5 minutes ago, darkart said:

Just received the mods I ordered. Packing is nice and the changed their shipping box.

3A-WB2 review: It is shorter than I thought. Take some effort to tighten the belt as it is thick web and stiff, still cant figure out the use of the hanging olive thread. 

If you don't like it, let me know............. ;)

I didnt get the J63 but glad to hear the turnaround was quick for everyone that copped. Reassuring for any large scale mishaps that may happen in the future. Any word on repairs for peoples missing & incorrectly placed buttons?

Edited by X.bee

10 hours ago, bacontowel said:

Gonna echo dolphin on this one as I own both as well and the 58 is a more substantial insulator in both the material and warming categories. Mionn has a cleaner more low profile look and sizing up on the 58 helped with the overall fit and using the second zip to alleviate the bunchiness works well.

Can definitely get by with the veilance if you’re looking for a cheaper insulator and can be worn stand alone. I do prefer the 58 and get plenty of usage out of it both under a shell and by itself.

On 11/13/2018 at 4:59 PM, junkie_dolphin said:

If someone can point me to a similar belt (or someone who can make one for me—it can't be that hard) I'd be appreciative. it's hard to find a nice, simple belt—especially one that won't set off a metal detector.

On a different note, I grabbed what might have been the MP2TS. Can't wait to get a cancelation email.

https://www.511tactical.com/operator-belt-1-34-wide.html

Buckle is stainless steel though

Anyone use a 3A-MK1 between the buckles on a 6TS? Identical pricing on the MK1 and MK3 has me wondering if I can comfortably fit the wider mod in there without it being too crammed. 

21 minutes ago, robbatussin said:

Anyone use a 3A-MK1 between the buckles on a 6TS? Identical pricing on the MK1 and MK3 has me wondering if I can comfortably fit the wider mod in there without it being too crammed. 

My 6TS before I sold it.  MK3 on left, MK1 on right.  It is a tighter fit but doable. 

Edited by thatslapz

On 11/15/2018 at 12:13 PM, mariahscarry said:

The recycled ideas using new material and 60% price hike, i'm disappointed.

"Probably no one person is even responsible for it, but the whole system is under such pressure, even at that scale. They're under extraordinary pressure to keep up the pace. In my view, this is a broken system, in many ways." 2013 interview with E.  Link

I'm not sure if I find this quote 100% ironic yet, but it seems to become more and more as seasons go on. I recall E referring to ACR on multiple occasions as an "experiment" or "project"... this seems to be heading quite Frankenstein imo.

4 hours ago, mariahscarry said:

"Probably no one person is even responsible for it, but the whole system is under such pressure, even at that scale. They're under extraordinary pressure to keep up the pace. In my view, this is a broken system, in many ways." 2013 interview with E.  Link

Yeah, that quote is about the Gucci ripoff though. What does that have to do with price hikes and materials?

37 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Yeah, that quote is about the Gucci ripoff though. What does that have to do with price hikes and materials?

The proof is in the pudding as they used to say. ACR is falling prey/fomenting precisely what he’s pointing out in that quote. 

1 hour ago, brainerd666 said:

The proof is in the pudding as they used to say. ACR is falling prey/fomenting precisely what he’s pointing out in that quote. 

I'm not saying anyone's wrong or anything, but I still don't understand. He's very vague about the nature of the problem being discussed here—but I'm also having a hard time separating that part of the quote from its context (about design stealing). Acronym's not stealing designs, at least as far as I know. It's true, there have been lots of re-releases, but aren't those what many people have been asking for? More 3As? Many people haven't had the chance to grab this stuff till now. Reissuing old stuff (price increased or not) is not the same as stealing a jacket design.

Honestly, if it were me, I'd ride the hype, make the easy money off re-releases, and save my new ideas for when things calmed down and I actually needed them.

I may have misread that quote multiple times now over the last couple years- which isn’t me saying that I’ve read it a bunch so I know better or whatever, but it seems more to me that it’s a case of damning fast fashion in the higher echelon of fashion. The higher echelon being what ACR is approaching and/or is at this later point.  

There’s enough recycling in the brand now that it really should diverge and start producing some of the base patterns en-masse. Do a buy in style production and give a decent amount of lead time on completion.  

Meanwhile... maintain the experimental aspect and do seasonal releases of funky newness. 

Personally, I’d be down for waiting for both a release of new shit, and occasionally signing up for another guaranteed pair of p10’s, a J1A, etc., and then waiting for the completion/shipment of.  

That's 7 years!

Edited by danii

DOUBLE

Edited by danii

6 hours ago, danii said:

I am so surprised the WB2 soldout. It's such a lame piece of hardware, even if you ordered belt from 1000deaths and end up scammed you were getting a better deal then the WB2. 

I am even more surprised by the reception of the belt by community in here. I always thought acronym buyers are kinda aware what is available where and can tell why their 1000EUR acronym jacket costs 1000EUR. Dude, you seriously waited for a webbing with two D-rings since the SET-3 release?

It doesn't matter how shitty or lame any Acronym item is people will still buy it regardless. Once you have a cult following and a hardcore fanbase you can practically sell anything. You know they have clout when they are selling a modular that carries two Tylenol pills for $100. It's just like Supreme people will buy out every garbage accessory they have. 

Yeah I understand that, also at 110EUR it looks like a nice entry point item like the nikes. I would understand it more if:

-the belt was branded so everyone can see you bought one

-it was not an item that is hidden under a shirt, but maybe we are at a dawn of tucked shirts fits

i totally glossed over that €80 pill holder

erlsn is definitely taking the piss with that one

6 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

i totally glossed over that €80 pill holder

erlsn is definitely taking the piss with that one

When your stash pocket costs more than your drugs...

18 hours ago, danii said:

I am so surprised the WB2 soldout. It's such a lame piece of hardware, even if you ordered belt from 1000deaths and end up scammed you were getting a better deal then the WB2. 

I am even more surprised by the reception of the belt by community in here. I always thought acronym buyers are kinda aware what is available where and can tell why their 1000EUR acronym jacket costs 1000EUR. Dude, you seriously waited for a webbing with two D-rings since the SET-3 release?

funny coming from you since it's hurtin' yo biz. i've bought aoku stuff before and the quality is turd tbh. 

16 minutes ago, chunglove said:

funny coming from you since it's hurtin' yo biz. i've bought aoku stuff before and the quality is turd tbh. 

Oh, sweetie! Did they finally ban you from that last sad little weeaboo neckbeard incel sweat corner over on the 4chans? Are they sick of your Shit posting too?