Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, eyesolation said:

5bce832c714c3_ScreenShot2018-10-23at11_10_01.thumb.png.3134b20e3a630566d8206295fd169310.png

Hope they provide a reasonable solution, might not return if I have to pay duties on them again. Just sucks to pay so much and receive a product with this kind of defect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I am considering keeping. I don't use the Aux Zip and its just going to be a hassle for a feature I don't use. Just leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Hoping acrnm will at least offer some sort of discount or partial refund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about for those that bought from domestic retailers (in this case, the US)? Not looking forward to shipping to EU and paying import duties...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

Considering the emphasis lately from E regarding paying higher wage/experienced workers, as well as the mast head of detail orientation, cross over use, and tiering- this is a pretty big gaffe. And one that could have easily been spotted both pre and post production. For a piece running this kind of money it’s inexcusable IMO. They should provide free repairs across the board, no ship fees no bullshit. 

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjMyb1dhQmt3bW1CbzJ2azhwcjEy

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjMyb1dhQmt3bW1CakpQWExqRVFE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok now some people are reporting UPS is not delivering their packages due to a "delivery change requested" - it seems like acrnm's trying to get the packages back.
While that by itself is certainly welcome, as it saves us from paying import duties for something we have to return anyway (even though they could be a bit more transparent about what's going on), apparently these requests are also affecting packages for orders that do not contain a J63A. So for anyone still having their non-J63 items en route, it's probably a good idea to pay attention to the UPS status and interfere with any unwanted delivery change.
What a huge clusterfuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do acronym pants true to size? I’m a 34 in reg and in acg pants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Rpg196 said:

Do acronym pants true to size? I’m a 34 in reg and in acg pants. 

I would say that it depends on the model and material. If you are talking about DS then you could take just your size (at least it works like this for me). Talking about S - it is not super straightforward, because if your height 185+ and we are talking about models like P23A (or other similar models) then pants in your size could be too short for you and fit will be totally different compared to the product shots. But if you are talking about P24-like pants then you should proceed with your size because otherwise, you gonna look like a rapper from the 2000s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this has been asked before but just want to be sure.

All of the FW season is already on mothersite? Drops 2 will be only J65-AK and J65-KM?

I have been waiting for the Stotz cp2...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an update, got an email from the customer svc, and this is what they sent me,

"...please confirm with us that you would indeed want to have the AuxZip repaired on our J63A-FO by replying to this email. We are willing to cover all return and repair costs to correctly revise this flaw by providing you with a respective UPS label. Please note that repair time will be roughly 2-3 weeks, so you would receive your corrected jacket within 1 month of return departure -- barring unforeseen circumstances (potential delays due to customs, inclement weather, etc.)"

In another follow-up email to the one on top.

"...All duties and fees for the second delivery of the repaired jacket to you will be covered by ACRONYM."

Just waiting for them to send me the UPS label now I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, dannyeli said:

Just an update, got an email from the customer svc, and this is what they sent me,

"...please confirm with us that you would indeed want to have the AuxZip repaired on our J63A-FO by replying to this email. We are willing to cover all return and repair costs to correctly revise this flaw by providing you with a respective UPS label. Please note that repair time will be roughly 2-3 weeks, so you would receive your corrected jacket within 1 month of return departure -- barring unforeseen circumstances (potential delays due to customs, inclement weather, etc.)"

In another follow-up email to the one on top.

"...All duties and fees for the second delivery of the repaired jacket to you will be covered by ACRONYM."

Just waiting for them to send me the UPS label now I guess.

Glad that they are doing their job to fulfill standard recall procedures.  Wouldn't have expected any less even as an "experimental" brand due to this level of oversight.  I also agree with @brainerd666 that its surprising that this issue wasn't caught anywhere in the planning, production, qa, process so im wondering WHAT ALL OUR MONEY IS GOING TOWARDS.

When E brings up that all acrnm gear is super difficult to make and expensive, I just think about the replicas that are out there and sure, there are differences with regards to quality (fabrics, construction) but I wonder if the delta in price is actually worth the quality gap in rep vs real with regards to construction since the fabric quality difference could be easily addressed (just order the same fabric and ship it). the concern here would be construction but I've also never handled a rep so I don't know exaclty how poor of the quality is.  all this to say it would be nice for everyone that bought the j63 should get some type of comp even after sending it for repairs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, eyesolation said:

Ok now some people are reporting UPS is not delivering their packages due to a "delivery change requested" - it seems like acrnm's trying to get the packages back.
While that by itself is certainly welcome, as it saves us from paying import duties for something we have to return anyway (even though they could be a bit more transparent about what's going on), apparently these requests are also affecting packages for orders that do not contain a J63A. So for anyone still having their non-J63 items en route, it's probably a good idea to pay attention to the UPS status and interfere with any unwanted delivery change.
What a huge clusterfuck.

Got an email this morning from UPS saying this as well AFTER i paid my duties already.. I quickly called UPS and told them I already paid my duties and I need this package delivered today. Everyone out there MONITOR YOUR UPS TRACKING#.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, segue said:

Glad that they are doing their job to fulfill standard recall procedures.  Wouldn't have expected any less even as an "experimental" brand due to this level of oversight.  I also agree with @brainerd666 that its surprising that this issue wasn't caught anywhere in the planning, production, qa, process so im wondering WHAT ALL OUR MONEY IS GOING TOWARDS.

When E brings up that all acrnm gear is super difficult to make and expensive, I just think about the replicas that are out there and sure, there are differences with regards to quality (fabrics, construction) but I wonder if the delta in price is actually worth the quality gap in rep vs real with regards to construction since the fabric quality difference could be easily addressed (just order the same fabric and ship it). the concern here would be construction but I've also never handled a rep so I don't know exaclty how poor of the quality is.  all this to say it would be nice for everyone that bought the j63 should get some type of comp even after sending it for repairs.

Mistakes happen, and its frustrating. But I thought this was the fairest way to resolve the issue.

 Given how some people have complained in the past about their customer service, I felt that the replies came really fast and they offered a fair resolution for it. Can't say I'm dissatisfied with the service lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dannyeli said:

Mistakes happen, and its frustrating. But I thought this was the fairest way to resolve the issue.

 Given how some people have complained in the past about their customer service, I felt that the replies came really fast and they offered a fair resolution for it. Can't say I'm dissatisfied with the service lol

They knew they had to address this issue before it got way out of hand. This is different than the 3a3ts foil bag issues as this was a defect before the customers even got the products in their hands. Everyone can easily file a paypal claim on them and they can't risk having all the defected jackets sent back to them as well as losing the sale as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, neromancer said:

WTT:

SM1-AM (from last year FW-1718), 9/10 condition. worn but no snags or other signs of significant wear, could probably pass off as new. would like to trade for KR-SM1 in similar condition as I'd like something a little lighter weight

 

Any thoughts on KR-SM1 vs SM1-AM vs SM1-AK? I felt the KR was the warmest with a tendency to overheat indoors. AM & AK don't stow as small, definitely not pocketable as KR, which makes the main function pointless

 

a031e70874_w470.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, segue said:

Glad that they are doing their job to fulfill standard recall procedures.  Wouldn't have expected any less even as an "experimental" brand due to this level of oversight.  I also agree with @brainerd666 that its surprising that this issue wasn't caught anywhere in the planning, production, qa, process so im wondering WHAT ALL OUR MONEY IS GOING TOWARDS.

When E brings up that all acrnm gear is super difficult to make and expensive, I just think about the replicas that are out there and sure, there are differences with regards to quality (fabrics, construction) but I wonder if the delta in price is actually worth the quality gap in rep vs real with regards to construction since the fabric quality difference could be easily addressed (just order the same fabric and ship it). the concern here would be construction but I've also never handled a rep so I don't know exaclty how poor of the quality is.  all this to say it would be nice for everyone that bought the j63 should get some type of comp even after sending it for repairs.

R&D is a huge cost too which is often overlooked, so the price tag reflects that as well.  The replica-makers don't have to do that legwork because ACR has done it all for them.  This is also why ACR tries so hard to be secretive with its drops: so that someone doesn't get it to market first.

And I unfortunately did get scammed once and got a replica from YAJ (but was able to get my money back, phew!).  Externally yeah it looks pretty close, and if that's all that you care about then fine (you suck).  But in hand it was immediately apparent that it was fake.  The stitching was really messy and the fit was horribly off.  It's actually quite laughable that if these guys are copying the real deal they still can't get it right.  It makes me more appreciative of the ACR team's skill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^Great post, are you a medium? 

 

Does anyone have the dimensions for the 3a-MZ5? Pm please 

Edited by Flipflop214

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if I've missed this (or if it was reported elsewhere) but the NG9-PS is sized Large (One Size) when utilizing AuxZip.

Kind of bummed since I wanted a "perfect" fit into my XL J1A-GT but it'll do the job regardless.  It can be my secondary NG when using the J62-S open configuration.

As for first impressions, I like that it doesn't bulk up the neck area of any shell or jacket you have on and the PS fabric is quite nice.  It's a very versatile piece that'll work with just about anything and has an understated look/feel when compared to the NG4 (although I'm sure everyone already knew that).

First foray into the zipped NG products and am pleased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

So first impressions on the J74-PX. Again, I'm 5'9", 180lbs. 40" chest measurement, 39R US suit size. Walk ~3/4 mile to work, walk my dog 1.5–2 miles a day. Live in Seattle. Current temperature ranges from 45–60F rainy, though not right now.

Fit: Sized perfectly. Less constricting than the 50/51/58 fit. Looser shoulders and looser midsection comparatively. No riding up as the hem isn't as constricting—terminates a little past hips. Sleeve hem also slightly looser. I think the fit is perfect. The hood is ample with the perfect angle to avoid pulling your head down to create nerd neck. I would not size up at all.

Finish: Aux zip works. Fabric is more dull than recent SI:SP pertex iterations. Ripstop reinforcement not visible if there is any. Face fabric is so thin that even getting the slight flap in the zipper doesn't prevent zipping. Main zip appear to be vislon polymer zips and pulls. Two-way closure is always finicky but tolerable. Arm and front pocket storage have locking reverse coil vislons.

Function: Alpha is good for 45-50 when moving. Let me be clear, if you're looking for straight static warmth, this is not the jacket for you. If you're in like 30F, you will be cold with this as your only midlayer. Weight is great but not as light as an Atom SL, probably best comparable is Dyadic Comp Hoody and it's roughly 100 grams less. Better than both I think. Great insulation; Climashield tends to make me overheat on my morning walk to work and walking my dog; Alpha has not. Face is definitely not windproof entirely but that's probably to facilitate breathability. Recent Acronym with the exception of the J28 have been quite trim even cut for insulators so this loft is preferable to me—low restriction in radial arm movement and through the midsection. The front and back entry front pockets are a revelation as well. My favorite part is the hood though, it makes my 61GT have some structure to it and keeps my bald head warm.

Probably an acronym piece that I won't sell. If you know me, I've cycled through quite a bit. 

I got mine today too. I actually sized up from M to L, and while the fit is slightly oversized, I like how relaxed it fits and appreciate the extra length. The face fabric is so silky its extremely easy to layer with. I can wear a hoodie, J74, and a hardshell, and still have complete mobility. With my J58, there is no way I could layer a hoodie underneath. I couldn't agree more with the double sided entry front pockets too; they're perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GFNS said:

Not sure if I've missed this (or if it was reported elsewhere) but the NG9-PS is sized Large (One Size) when utilizing AuxZip.

Kind of bummed since I wanted a "perfect" fit into my XL J1A-GT but it'll do the job regardless.  It can be my secondary NG when using the J62-S open configuration.

I'm confused—are auxzips sized differently depending on the size of the jacket? Does this mean that you won't be able to zip the NG9 into a size medium jacket?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dannyeli said:

Just an update, got an email from the customer svc, and this is what they sent me,

"...please confirm with us that you would indeed want to have the AuxZip repaired on our J63A-FO by replying to this email. We are willing to cover all return and repair costs to correctly revise this flaw by providing you with a respective UPS label. Please note that repair time will be roughly 2-3 weeks, so you would receive your corrected jacket within 1 month of return departure -- barring unforeseen circumstances (potential delays due to customs, inclement weather, etc.)"

In another follow-up email to the one on top.

"...All duties and fees for the second delivery of the repaired jacket to you will be covered by ACRONYM."

Just waiting for them to send me the UPS label now I guess.

For anyone that didn't purchase through mothersite, contact your retailer.  Returns have to go through them, unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, junkie_dolphin said:

I'm confused—are auxzips sized differently depending on the size of the jacket? Does this mean that you won't be able to zip the NG9 into a size medium jacket?

I haven't confirmed that but the NG9 came close to the length of my Large J64TS-S.  I think they maybe do M/L?

It would be good to get confirmation on that.  Not entirely sure myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GFNS said:

I haven't confirmed that but the NG9 came close to the length of my Large J64TS-S.  I think they maybe do M/L?

It would be good to get confirmation on that.  Not entirely sure myself.

Site shows the following:

Subsystems

AuxZipǽ ( M )

Which I guess means it's sized for Medium jackets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GFNS said:

Site shows the following:

Subsystems

AuxZipǽ ( M )

Which I guess means it's sized for Medium jackets.

Aside from this:

Interface with

All ǍCROŇYMř AuxZipǽ ( F ) units

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flipflop214 said:

^Great post, are you a medium? 

 

Does anyone have the dimensions for the 3a-MZ5? Pm please 

Yep. Medium—corrected to show. My bad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

Re: J74 - I also noticed that the acrnm website lists the jacket as "STRAIGHT" fit but the Spec Sheet reads "PROFILE".

IMG_1189.JPG

 

shiiiiiiietttttt.... recall 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Privilege Program