50 minutes ago, X.bee said:

Check the P10-DS page

Not the p10 the loose cropped droppies.

Also what does the j72 look like?

4 minutes ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

Not the p10 the loose cropped droppies.

Also what does the j72 look like?

8e5618b0e1_w710.jpg

The seams, hems, darts etc. on the J66 (you can see it better on the volt version) are crazy...

IMG-3423.thumb.PNG.a3fa19d4cabc27d3d60d29b7b64b0e34.PNGIMG-3426.thumb.PNG.d792e4293b49b61787d9bcd5decd9a4a.PNG

is it concept art?!...

also the detail photography/lighting... amazing Wiedergabe.

Edited by hjpx
imgs & rearrangements

Torn on grabbing a new pair of p10-ds or holding out for a cheaper second hand. The mark up is making this a thinker..

1 hour ago, lopiteaux said:

I believe there will be a drop every month, not sure if just for this season or for the whole year, but that was what E stated at the time.

I thought he said the intermittent drops were only for spring. AW 18 will be back to one drop or broken into two as in the past.

Cheers @Kamikaze

Viewing on mobile, need to view on the big screen at home.

Everything thus far is a pass, excepting the loose kaboose troos

Edited by wexler
Double post

From the GTV product pages:

DISCLAIMER: Due to the industrial nature of this fabric as well as its high-visibility hue some stains may prove impossible to remove with cleaning. 'Strike through' of the membrane color to the outer surface of the fabric will also occur when the fabric is scored with hard objects. This is an intrinsic characteristic of the fabric and cannot be considered as defective.”

So does that mean any rough abrasion will cause a dark mark to be left on the fabric?

4 minutes ago, wexler said:

From the GTV product pages:

DISCLAIMER: Due to the industrial nature of this fabric as well as its high-visibility hue some stains may prove impossible to remove with cleaning. 'Strike through' of the membrane color to the outer surface of the fabric will also occur when the fabric is scored with hard objects. This is an intrinsic characteristic of the fabric and cannot be considered as defective.”

So does that mean any rough abrasion will cause a dark mark to be left on the fabric?

yep most likely, better to wear another hard shell over to protect it. 

Just now, deathrazr said:

yep most likely, better to wear another hard shell over to protect it. 

#functional

most likely will stain easy and be impossible to clean.

Just for conversational purposes, what are peoples opinions on the raw / frayed edges of the J66?

1 minute ago, Yoshiii said:

Just for conversational purposes, what are peoples opinions on the raw / frayed edges of the J66?

This is a completely subjective opinion but I don't really think it adds much value to the overall look of the jacket pre and post distressing, so I don't really understand the point of it. Doesn't seem to be a functional aspect of the jacket either.

1 minute ago, Yoshiii said:

I think they look great. Nice little detail, and sets it apart from their other products which have a much cleaner design. I think it's indicative of a new direction their taking, echoed in the kimono-style J72.

Just now, rnstyip said:

This is a completely subjective opinion but I don't really think it adds much value to the overall look of the jacket pre and post distressing, so I don't really understand the point of it. Doesn't seem to be a functional aspect of the jacket either.

Agree... pure aesthetics, which is either a refreshing or worrying departure from their norm.

Similar to the new colourways really.

J66 continued.

Or maybe it's a Kontrapunkt like this:

shocking.png.ba06b627de5f41457482d57ab68493bb.png

sry

Edited by hjpx

10 minutes ago, Yoshiii said:

I like to keep my jackets in good condition so I dont know how the fraying will play out. It sucks paying for a $2000 jacket knowing its gonna fray. I guess we can already see it from the j66-gtv stormhood product shot.

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 1.13.36 PM.png

18 minutes ago, Muin said:

should have dropped a p10a-ds

No thanks, I’d be $1.5k poorer then. How is storing items in the attached pockets on DS pants (P24A/23A)? Does the stretch make heavier items feel awkward or bounce around?

2 minutes ago, wexler said:

No thanks, I’d be $1.5k poorer then. How is storing items in the attached pockets on DS pants (P24A/23A)? Does the stretch make heavier items feel awkward or bounce around?

Lift Yourself theme music.

I was always under the impression that the J1A was cut a lot smaller than the J28, but the measurement on the site seem to suggest that the former (well, the GTV at least) is cut more generous than the J28, albeit by a small margin.

Is this true?

Don't have the J28 here but J16-GT from the same season (assuming you're talking about J28-GT FW1718). My J16-GT in size S is definitely cut more generous than my J1A-GT in the same size. I can layer my J58 under the J16 comfortably. While I can still do the same with my J1A, it feels much more restricting, so I just usually wear a crewneck/hoodie with the J1A. 

11 minutes ago, wexler said:

Sometimes yes.  The 24a-s did a better job than the 24a-ds with larger/heavier items.  But I still have my DS pair, and sold the S so that should tell you enough about which I prefer.  And it's rare I'm carrying something heavy long enough for it to be an issue, since I would have just brought a bag if it was for an extended time.   The 23a has smaller cargo pockets so it's less of an issue.  If you load up both cargoes on one side and have your phone in the phone pocket on that side too, then maybe you would get some bouncing/awkwardness.  

55 minutes ago, Yoshiii said:

Somehow this detail (in addition to how the seams are sewn) is what put me over the edge in buying it. I can't explain why either. I think I just really like the aesthetic.

Anyone here pick up the medium J1A-GTV that popped up like an hour or so after the initial drop?.... I got an order confirmation, but no payment confirmation, which is worrisome 

That med keeps popping back up. Shame no bigger sizes 

51 minutes ago, thatslapz said:

Sometimes yes.  The 24a-s did a better job than the 24a-ds with larger/heavier items.  But I still have my DS pair, and sold the S so that should tell you enough about which I prefer.  And it's rare I'm carrying something heavy long enough for it to be an issue, since I would have just brought a bag if it was for an extended time.   The 23a has smaller cargo pockets so it's less of an issue.  If you load up both cargoes on one side and have your phone in the phone pocket on that side too, then maybe you would get some bouncing/awkwardness.  

I remember people being really unhappy with the belt system on the 23A-DS—how have you found it after an extended period of time now? There's supposed to be a 23A-S in the Fall.

6 minutes ago, hoju said:

I remember people being really unhappy with the belt system on the 23A-DS—how have you found it after an extended period of time now? There's supposed to be a 23A-S in the Fall.

Looping the straps back through the buckle keeps them tight enough for it not to be an issue.  Minor adjustments required throughout the day but I'm never worried my pants are gonna fall down.  You can also just tie them and it works great.  Stotz will be heavier though so we'll see if there's a difference.

@thatslapz thanks that’s what I was assuming when comparing the P24A-S to -DS. I’m with you on DS over S for pants as well.