Acronym.

Westbrook

2 hours ago, karakum said:

man you guys are miserable. leave the guy alone for experimenting or at least explain why you don't like it instead of just trashrepping and memeing... isn't art and experimenting with it why we like acronym?

experimenting and creating art is great! Telling someone their art or experiments are not very good, if you think they're not very good, is also fine.

This modern mindset that you need to live in a rubber room where everybody tells you everything is great, is stupid. Grow up. Hope that's not too offensive!

Personally, I don't really care about the shoes. It's a cool concept, but not a very good execution.

Edited by nathan_

33 minutes ago, nathan_ said:

experimenting and creating art is great! Telling someone their art or experiments are not very good, if you think they're not very good, is also fine.

This modern mindset that you need to live in a rubber room where everybody tells you everything is great, is stupid. Grow up. Hope that's not too offensive!

Personally, I don't really care about the shoes. It's a cool concept, but not a very good execution.

I totally agree! But that's not what happened. Trashrepping and posting Errolson meme faces in response isn't "telling someone their art or experiments are not very good", it's just rude. As I said, respond with what you don't like about it and not just an insult, which is what trashrepping is.

Respond like hanzen1138 did, with constructive feedback!

J115-GT is just throwing me off at this point, i’m shocked at this new jacket sling design choice in all honesty. The best part about the jacket sling is usually being able to decide if you want to wear it on the outside or inside of the jacket, or just not at all. Also i’ve always very much enjoyed the visual aesthetic of the jacket sling when positioned on the outside….this just seems unnecessary to me. Why change something that already works so well???

IMG_0469.jpeg

Just now, mariahscarry said:

J115-GT is just throwing me off at this point, i’m shocked at this new jacket sling design choice in all honesty. The best part about the jacket sling is usually being able to decide if you want to wear it on the outside or inside of the jacket, or just not at all. Also i’ve always very much enjoyed the visual aesthetic of the jacket sling when positioned on the outside….this just seems unnecessary to me. Why change something that already works so well???

IMG_0469.jpeg

This is pretty much the same sling found on the Nike x Acronym jacket from earlier this year. I thought that design cue from Nike was to cut on costs, plus for Nike, it was an innovative way to implement an Acronym feature. This feels like a step backwards for Acronym, using that sling, rather than the traditional one. Also, is it just me, or is that collar ridiculously huge? or did Errolson's head get smaller?

Yeah you are right, the execution is very poorly done, I see these more like a mock-up. If these will perform I may invest some more time and will try to get this idea executed more professionally. But most importantly it was fun to make, thanks for all the input, I will keep that in mind.

Edited by DeadHype

1 hour ago, analog29 said:

This is pretty much the same sling found on the Nike x Acronym jacket from earlier this year. I thought that design cue from Nike was to cut on costs, plus for Nike, it was an innovative way to implement an Acronym feature.

Yes, it's an innovative way to implement the Acronym feature on Nike, from another point of view they don't want to let you spend 400 retail but get the same feature with acr,  so they made this sling which is implementing the acr feature but poorly functional lol. J115 is not the only item that they cue the design from the Nike collab, I think they do the same thing on P53-DS also (FW2324).

da9c56c3aa52859f63d50d9fcc3f52e4.jpg

f40b498bc8d6b5c3a4e90efb8db4f28b.jpg

Haven’t popped in here in a while but I gotta say, E looks good in the hat/gloves lol. Better than the cat eyes glasses and pointy balenciaga shoes … his overall look has more of that dystopian usps deliverer vibe which I would take over tacky graphics/ neon/ weirdo balenciaga stuff.

Unfortunately, the latter still seems to be the main direction he’s going.

2 hours ago, Davidwyh1998 said:

Yes, it's an innovative way to implement the Acronym feature on Nike, from another point of view they don't want to let you spend 400 retail but get the same feature with acr,  so they made this sling which is implementing the acr feature but poorly functional lol. J115 is not the only item that they cue the design from the Nike collab, I think they do the same thing on P53-DS also (FW2324).

da9c56c3aa52859f63d50d9fcc3f52e4.jpg

f40b498bc8d6b5c3a4e90efb8db4f28b.jpg

This is essentially the exact same design as the last Nike x Acronym Woven pants..... I actually have no words other than I'm shocked. Also, this looks nothing like DS to me..... more like WS?

Maybe it's just my memory of Paula's demo being f'kin' hot, but I could see this sling on a select few designs being a welcome change, on a stiffer material jacket, from the standard sling. No worrying about someone/something getting caught in the slack, or doing the awkward reach behind the back to loosen it if you've already donned the jacket. Never tried on the woven jacket but I imagine you could adjust the (locking) zip to lessen the slack?

10 hours ago, mariahscarry said:

The best part about the jacket sling is usually being able to decide if you want to wear it on the outside or inside of the jacket, or just not at all. 

I hear you on this though. I prefer the sling across the other shoulder, maybe it would be tolerable if worn the other way? I dunno, just being an optimistic devils avocado on the topic.

6 hours ago, keynezk said:

You're right, WS lined with AD

Ah, there we go, that makes much more sense. And, wow, they're using Polartec again?! The P38 was such a disappointment...Personally, I know two people who've owned P38 and had issues with the Alpha Direct. Their experiences ranged from the material tearing outright to excessive pilling and even the material falling apart on its own. Not to mention the price....

On 9/18/2023 at 5:09 PM, mariahscarry said:

This is essentially the exact same design as the last Nike x Acronym Woven pants..... I actually have no words other than I'm shocked. Also, this looks nothing like DS to me..... more like WS?

I understand why its off putting, the concept of it just being expensive nike x acr, but i mean, this really isnt anything new is it? Seems odd to criticise them continuing their iterative design process just because their inspiration/cut is originally from a collab, not a contract. No one looks down upon the burton and j120 design cues. Call them kinda boring sure, they are, but it seems par for the course and to be expected. Not like its made of shitty materials, it will be a really high functioning piece in theory.

Edited by goretexgirl

12 hours ago, bboysparrow said:

Lets talk Coats.

Has anyone over the years had an Acrnm coat that they really enjoyed?

I'm partial to the J46-S. It seems to be the right amount of everything. Versatile, simple and great.

*edit am dumb misread you were asking about coats

Edited by mike.kanashi

13 hours ago, bboysparrow said:

Lets talk Coats.

Has anyone over the years had an Acrnm coat that they really enjoyed?

I'm partial to the J46-S. It seems to be the right amount of everything. Versatile, simple and great.

My fav are J61-WS (for spring /summer) and J46-FO (autumn/winter). 

Oh forgot about J33-E. Have both colorways. 

Edited by Yan90