Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2021 at 5:05 AM, Broark said:

Buttons on the Foreman are very nice. The pocket placement feels a little strange given how big the pockets are. However I think it could be the fabric just needing some breaking in.
I gave my M-1941’s a wash and dry and they shrank up a little, I’ll get some fit pics up soon. They are definitely generous, however I don’t think I would’ve sized down in hindsight.

I just received my M-1941 chino and as said before they do size a little generous. Got the same size as you, 36 waist in camel. Did you get much shrinkage out of them in the first washes?

@mstax I haven't noticed very much shrinkage with subsequent washes and trips through the drier, but they do tighten up a little and then stretch out again with wear.
I find that they work best with a belt, or else the waist / seat starts to sag a bit.

@Broark Thanks. I’ll keep them and see if a hot wash can shrink it a little. Definitely need to wear a belt or else they fall down. But a very interesting cut which tapers a little and with this size it’s pretty laid back comfortable. Here are some fit pics. Sorry about the birks and socks.

VFt0Apc.jpg

5mCD2Lw.jpg

TBf3vas.jpg

ovO9bqF.jpg

Edited by mstax

1 hour ago, Dr_Heech said:

Luckily for us that your beautiful type 2 averts one's gaze  ;)

Original or repro?

Lol, it’s all about balance! Original one, late 60’s version. I showed it on my Instagram page last week: @michielstax. Pretty much perfectly faded.

Well I for one would like to thank the two previous posters for going public in birks and socks. Not only do I find it stylish, and strongly correlated to an attitude of solidarity and healthy politics, but it also contributes to less foot and back problems for the wearer, thus reducing the future strain placed on the public health system.

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

^ Do you have a size chart for their blue jeans too Duke, I don’t think many on here are interested in the white ones.

Especially those sewn with black threads.

14 hours ago, chicote said:

Did Freewheelers ever make a pair of bib overalls?

http://blog.livedoor.jp/mcfly_store/archives/50708442.html

http://www.realmoon.co.jp/item/1622009/

http://www.realmoon.co.jp/item/1722002/

http://www.realmoon.co.jp/item/2022008/

Here’s a few I can remember - there’s probably more (other than the recent ones shredwin mentioned). Some will be sold out

15 hours ago, chicote said:

Did Freewheelers ever make a pair of bib overalls?

As Edwin mentioned I did get a pair of the recent Lot 560 1922 overalls, honestly it's been so hot I haven't had a chance to wear them yet. -_-
And as Duke mentioned there have been many different iterations over the years, generally out of stock but sometimes you can track a pair down.

Besides the Lot 560, my other favorite are the Silver Hammer linked above. Haven't had any luck tracking those down.
PRT_7839_20200605.jpgPRT_7836_20200605.jpg

Thanks shred, Duke and broark, really appreciate the help. I really like the woodsman, the tool pouch sewn into the waistband is a nice touch and would probably be really useful for what I’m planning to wear them for. I’ll keep an eye out!