LFC4ever

The Flat Head

^ score! I can comfort myself for missing out by remembering that the waist and leg measurements would work better for me if they were reversed..

i had the option of buying up the full size run but my big mouth went and told my mates and when i went back, it was the only size left..

Anyone know where I can buy a pair of the new jdm flatheads? 

I've had a few standard TFH workshirts (HN-52W, CO-30W) that fit pretty well besides being too big in the neck, and I have one 7104 Western shirt (Long Horn style tag) that fits great everywhere

Looking now at the standard TFH Western shirts (F-DS101 or similar—standard TFH style tag, not Long Horn): to which of the above do they fit more similarly? Any insight?

Edited by julian-wolf

Got this great Flat Head Native Check short sleeve in 42 for cheap on Grailed. Fits pretty much perfect, definitely better than my Native Check westerns I had years ago. I think these are cut differently because this shirt is 1-2" longer than my westerns in the same size, I'm sure of it. I really like this color, it's supposed to be gray but it looks more like a light purple, which doesn't look like anything else in my closet.

IMG_1393.thumb.png.4ef0b1c259b41537fcd2a31dbec21ed9.png IMG_1401.thumb.png.802b63b39daf17015dd7c86d8f55d5f6.png

IMG_1406.thumb.png.ed86134708f34e171c5e0a57069dff9f.png IMG_1407.thumb.png.39bb657ab799ed19f873d12ca812873d.png

Anybody have the long sleeve green Native Check in 42? I'd buy it. :D

Man I so wish FH shirts fit my frame. I've kinda given up on them, I'm selling the few I have.

2 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

Anybody have the long sleeve green Native Check in 42? I'd buy it. :D

I have a short-sleeved Western with the square snaps in 42... it's never fit me (unless I wear it open, which is not a thing I do). It's a nice red/grey plain check. If I can remember where it is I'll dig it out and take a pic; perhaps it's of interest to someone here..

Edited by mondo

1 hour ago, mondo said:

I have a short-sleeved Western with the square snaps in 42... it's never fit me (unless I wear it open, which is not a thing I do). It's a nice red/grey plain check. If I can remember where it is I'll dig it out and take a pic; perhaps it's of interest to someone here..

Send me some measurements and pics, I'd be interested if I think it'd fit me.

1 hour ago, Cold Summer said:

Send me some measurements and pics, I'd be interested if I think it'd fit me.

Ha... I feel bad now – I rummaged around upstairs and found the shirt, but mondo jr has claimed it. I'd forgotten he'd started to take an interest in clothing... at 13, he's 6' with a 30" waist (the bastard) and will easily eclipse me in the coolness stakes if he hasn't already. As it should be!

Nice to see fresh Cold Summer posts in the FH thread, though! All we need is itsbenhere to have bought up all the legacy items out there before new production kicks in..

No worries! As long as it goes to somebody who enjoys it. :wink:

Yeah, I haven't been on SuFu much lately. This year was supposed to be my "no buying new clothes year" (which, as you might be able to tell from above, I haven't *exactly* achieved, but I have cut my spending by like 90-95% so it's been a good experience overall.) On top of that, I've been preoccupied with more important life things in recent months (like the birth of my daughter!) so I haven't given the clothing hobby as much attention.

I only have a couple of Flat Head shirts, my 3005s, two pairs of sneakers, and a couple other small things these days. The last shirt I bought was over two years ago, when I found that yellow Glory Park flannel for cheap on eBay. But I'm always on the lookout for shirts if they seem like they'll fit me, as I still think Flat Head's shirts are the best in all regards except for fit (usually.) The FH stuff that fits well I'll keep for life.

TFH 3001 bought these from self edge back in 2009.  Wear them for everything, mainly my go to for home projects etc.  washed tons of times.  Repairs to crotch blowouts/pockets/hems.  I have tons of extra pieces from getting past jeans hemmed,  used one to repair the knee finally.  Still as comfortable as ever.

E5387503-A8A8-4438-BCCB-49A7322BF2D9.jpeg

DB3277DD-F9A9-4CE0-B133-8BA6550D4A1C.jpeg

Looking forward to the moment of truth when we find out how the neck openings have been scaled…